Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Earth Quakes have always influenced human culture, population, economy and life of individuals. they come like your worst night mares that has come true. Its the way the nature reminds you of her destructive powers.
I read somewhere that total 80 people have been killed in this earthquake. Sometimes I really feel that after being so much development in technology still we don't have an equipment which could tell us about such calamities before they actually occur. :evil:

As Vinod had said, there are devices to predict earthquake before it occurs. The Chinese had even invented one complicated machines in ancient times that could predict the intensity ,locationand duration of earthquake accurately. Nowadays, the scientist uses sensors and also study animal behaviour to predict earthquake. However, even if it is predicted, it cannot be avoided. One can only take precautions to reduce the damage caused.
Earthquake are the natural disaster.We have no control over this.If we should have control over this we should not let any people to lost their lives.

Sharmistha Banerjee
I read somewhere that total 80 people have been killed in this earthquake. Sometimes I really feel that after being so much development in technology still we don't have an equipment which could tell us about such calamities before they actually occur. :evil:

As Vinod had said, there are devices to predict earthquake before it occurs. The Chinese had even invented one complicated machines in ancient times that could predict the intensity ,locationand duration of earthquake accurately. Nowadays, the scientist uses sensors and also study animal behaviour to predict earthquake. However, even if it is predicted, it cannot be avoided. One can only take precautions to reduce the damage caused.

I also read it that dogs are the ones who can sense earthquakes but the question is when we have devices to sense earthquakes then why every time there is losses of several lives whenever it comes to any place. :blink:

I also read it that dogs are the ones who can sense earthquakes but the question is when we have devices to sense earthquakes then why every time there is losses of several lives whenever it comes to any place. :blink:

Not only dogs, most of the animals can sense the change under the earth's crust and becomes restless just before the earthquake occurs and run helter and skelter. Such behavioral change of animals or the prediction by using other devices can give warning of the earthquake only few seconds to few minutes before the the event. So it is actually not possible to take proper actions to prevent loss near the epicenter. But those regions located little far away get sufficient time to take actions to reduce damage and save lives.

Not only dogs, most of the animals can sense the change under the earth's crust and becomes restless just before the earthquake occurs and run helter and skelter. Such behavioral change of animals or the prediction by using other devices can give warning of the earthquake only few seconds to few minutes before the the event. So it is actually not possible to take proper actions to prevent loss near the epicenter. But those regions located little far away get sufficient time to take actions to reduce damage and save lives.

Getting it know few minutes before can't avoid such big loss of lives which happen every time when earth quake comes.I don't know when we would be able to safe ourself from such calamities. I always wonder why we focus more on nuclear weapons and not on this side. :evil:
Some days before, while I was sitting in Terrace, just for 2-3 seconds I felt like earth shaking...even heard a voice like thunder. It was around 7.30 pm. I even thought, is it an earth quake?
My assumptions were true, when I read next day newspaper.

Meera sandhu
Every year China,Japan, Gujarat and many other states face these disaster.But this time the people of China suffered a lot.Really their condition is very miserable.

Sharmistha Banerjee
Every year China,Japan, Gujarat and many other states face these disaster.But this time the people of China suffered a lot.Really their condition is very miserable.

In Japan they know that earth quakes are frequent there so they make their houses in such a manner that they will have less damage if it comes. :)

Getting it know few minutes before can't avoid such big loss of lives which happen every time when earth quake comes.I don't know when we would be able to safe ourself from such calamities. I always wonder why we focus more on nuclear weapons and not on this side. :evil:

Actually knowing even a few seconds before hand also makes lots of difference in reducing the damage. I came across an article in which it was mentioned that even a few seconds is sufficient to take emergency measures like slowing down or stopping the train, automatic shutting down of machinery in industries etc. Unfortunately it is not possible to completely prevent the loss.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.