Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am a smoker and I don't think I won't get rid of this addiction with the price hike. Definitely people will reduce smoking but not to that extent. :blink:

Price hike will force the consumer to limit his consumption. This leads to the reduction of frequency of smoking. Reduction of frequency itself contributes to some extent in increasing the life span.

how many times alcohol prices were hiked. Had it caused any impulse on the people? :laugh: :laugh:
never!

During first months, we may see a come down in cigarette selling. But gradually people will adjust the new situation.......it's the nature of common man to deny something first and later accept it with every faults :silly: :silly:

I have seen the other phase too. Reduction in consumption led to termination of the habits . Don't forget there are strong willed people amidst us.
But only a few.....
I don't know why, why men are most addicted to such habits!!!
any reason?
Is it because they believe they are dominant over women???

Meera sandhu
No Not even a blanket ban can do the trick, people would find out even more dangerous ways to smoke. We need some other alternatives to get rid of this evil.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

No Not even a blanket ban can do the trick, people would find out even more dangerous ways to smoke. We need some other alternatives to get rid of this evil.[/quote
It won't totally eradicate smoking. I have seen people how they gradually reduced the frequency of smoking with every price rise till they reached zero frequency. Though they are small in number,, you cannot simply ignore them . After all a change occurs in small increments at the outset.
Hike in cigarette prices cannot wholly eliminate smoking but this will have definitely some positive impact. Many may reduce smoking even though not totally give up. Others may be discouraged from falling in this vice. There may be another affect. some may turn to Bidi, a cheap substitute. In fact, this depends on level of addiction.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hike in cigarette prices cannot wholly eliminate smoking but this will have definitely some positive impact. Many may reduce smoking even though not totally give up. Others may be discouraged from falling in this vice. There may be another affect. some may turn to Bidi, a cheap substitute. In fact, this depends on level of addiction.

Exactly. Total elimination is a distant dream. But certainly there will be a change in the consumption pattern
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
If the price is raised more than we expect, then I think we could stop the smokers a little bit.

Want to make each day Accountable

No Not even a blanket ban can do the trick, people would find out even more dangerous ways to smoke. We need some other alternatives to get rid of this evil.[/quote
It won't totally eradicate smoking. I have seen people how they gradually reduced the frequency of smoking with every price rise till they reached zero frequency. Though they are small in number,, you cannot simply ignore them . After all a change occurs in small increments at the outset.

This takes a little willpower to quit smoking. I am the one who quit nine years before in just one day. I used to smoke 3-40 figs a day and cost of cigarette was not the reason. I wanted to quit it so I did.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This takes a little willpower to quit smoking. I am the one who quit nine years before in just one day. I used to smoke 3-40 figs a day and cost of cigarette was not the reason. I wanted to quit it so I did.

Yes, the self-willingness should also be there to quit. Person should understand from within that I am getting loss.

Want to make each day Accountable

Cost or no cost, it takes only will power, not little, an immense will power to overcome.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.