Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Whatsapp is messenger, a platform to socially connect and network with people. hence the term social networking site is not incorrect per se.

Technically it may not be a correct term for Whatsapp, but it remains a fact that Whatsapp has gained much more popularity than Facebook and its basic function remains the same, to connect with others! Anyway, that is not the point in discussion, we are talking about it has helped save the life of a young man. Such prudent and wise use is the need of the hour rather than simply sending pointless texts back and forth!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
Whatsapp is messenger, a platform to socially connect and network with people. hence the term social networking site is not incorrect per se.

Technically it may not be a correct term for Whatsapp, but it remains a fact that Whatsapp has gained much more popularity than Facebook and its basic function remains the same, to connect with others! Anyway, that is not the point in discussion, we are talking about it has helped save the life of a young man. Such prudent and wise use is the need of the hour rather than simply sending pointless texts back and forth!

That's the pertinent point and the only point that one should use the device in a wise way. Let our discussions revolve around this point.

you share its really a different fact because i only sharing Whatsapp Status and images with peoples.

It has become most convenient social media. Became an integral part of urban life. But like everything else comes with the baggage of ill effects along with the goodness. So it is on the user to make the wise use of the facility or use it for time pass and spreading rumors. As long as it does not make you addicted and paralyzes your's functioning, you can enjoy the benefits it can offer

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Whatsapp is now very much a part of our lives, the only disadvantage is the amount of pics and other uploads and links that get stored on your mobile which means you have to clean it up every now and then..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Whatsapp is now very much a part of our lives, the only disadvantage is the amount of pics and other uploads and links that get stored on your mobile which means you have to clean it up every now and then..

That too and also the various kinds of heartrending appeals to help someone in need accompanied by pictures that we get forwarded every day. Pictures of some gory massacre accompanied with appeals to forward those pictures to more and more people etc. are an example of irresponsible behavior which even educated people indulge in without thinking twice.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

That too and also the various kinds of heartrending appeals to help someone in need accompanied by pictures that we get forwarded every day. Pictures of some gory massacre accompanied with appeals to forward those pictures to more and more people etc. are an example of irresponsible behavior which even educated people indulge in without thinking twice.

Speaking of which nowadays we are getting a message supposedly from CEO of wattsapp in which it is written that in order to show that we are active user, we need to forward the message to 10 groups otherwise they will start charging certain amount for using wattsapp.  And people simply panic & start forwarding left and right. They don't even stop to think whether its a genuine message or not. I mean if there are certain changes in the policy of using wattsapp, we will get an official notification and not forwarded message. Its so irritating getting such messages that I simply delete them

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Speaking of which nowadays we are getting a message supposedly from CEO of wattsapp in which it is written that in order to show that we are active user, we need to forward the message to 10 groups otherwise they will start charging certain amount for using wattsapp.  And people simply panic & start forwarding left and right. They don't even stop to think whether its a genuine message or not. I mean if there are certain changes in the policy of using wattsapp, we will get an official notification and not forwarded message. Its so irritating getting such messages that I simply delete them

Arunima Singh wrote:

It has become most convenient social media. Became an integral part of urban life. But like everything else comes with the baggage of ill effects along with the goodness. So it is on the user to make the wise use of the facility or use it for time pass and spreading rumors. As long as it does not make you addicted and paralyzes your's functioning, you can enjoy the benefits it can offer

Addiction can be anything not just WhatsApp , people get addicted to certain sites and forums spending their entire day on it which is even worse ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

Addiction can be anything not just WhatsApp , people get addicted to certain sites and forums spending their entire day on it which is even worse ..

True..for that matter people get addicted to even cinema and TV serials.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.