Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good to know that technology can actually be a saviour. After all we always look at the downside of social networking sites. Probably we should now give credit to such sites. Kudos to whatsapp and to its smart user!

Social networking sites sure have virtues. These sites earned bad name owing to Abusers, who outnumber the genuine users.

A friend of mine recently went to Italy for a few days and kept me posted thru lovely pictures and it felt as if I am also there.

Apps are the recent technological marvels to make the life easy, provided they are used properly.

Even if not , they still continue to being technological marvels. Let us focus on the good rather than the misuse. After reading Gita many persons misuse its knowledge - that does not diminish its value.

Beneficiaries are benefited. The fact that apps are being abused is so glaring, that it has to be pointed to warn those prospective App users.

Let them learn by their own experience -- what is the point of becoming moral police men.

What's wrong with being moral police? It's a service without a profit motive.

Generally no one takes them seriously. The young should be left free to make their own choices. Even with moral police the level of abuse is same.

If people wont take them seriously that's their funeral
A rock climber trapped while climbing a rock hill managed to save his life after he sent the photo of his location to a friend via whatsapp! Technology does save life when used cleverly otherwise it becomes only a useless adiction!

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/when-life-depends-on-whatsapp/
Whats app is a messenger app not social networking, and it becomes extremely useful to create a close nit circle and this makes extremely useful as this case in this link mentioned is saved life for person. Certainly technology is fast becoming a tool for comfort for most and this is an illustration.

http://mohanmekap.com/

A rock climber trapped while climbing a rock hill managed to save his life after he sent the photo of his location to a friend via whatsapp! Technology does save life when used cleverly otherwise it becomes only a useless adiction!

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/when-life-depends-on-whatsapp/
Whats app is a messenger app not social networking, and it becomes extremely useful to create a close nit circle and this makes extremely useful as this case in this link mentioned is saved life for person. Certainly technology is fast becoming a tool for comfort for most and this is an illustration.

True . With the arrival of Apps, life has become easy and comfortable.i use several Apps for my IPad.

No doubt Facebook recognized its potential and paid a mind boggling sum of $16 billion or so to acquire it.
The decision taken by Mark Zuckerberg to buy this App for an astronomical sum, has proved its worth in no time. And it's speed of gaining popularity among the Netizens is amazing.
The decision taken by Mark Zuckerberg to buy this App for an astronomical sum, has proved its worth in no time. And it's speed of gaining popularity among the Netizens is amazing.

Yes, many people have already shifted from FB and other social networks to whatsapp because of its popularity. Technology is really boon so long as it is used with wisdom!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, many people have already shifted from FB and other social networks to whatsapp because of its popularity. Technology is really boon so long as it is used with wisdom!

Absolutely. Technology is a two edged knife. User has to exercise his wisdom, for knowing which edge has to be used.
Whatsapp is messenger, a platform to socially connect and network with people. hence the term social networking site is not incorrect per se.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

facebook generally bought applications which seems to endanger its own market, it bought it and planned to close it and integrate with FB chat but due to heavy user following it continues to remain silent on this app's future.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Technology has its own pros and cons. How well it is used depends from person to person. Its great to hear how smartly the rock climber used it for his rescue.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.