Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:

The Congress party regardless of India  has created a gargantuan problem by inducing and legalising illegal Muslim migrants. I think they number nearly 30% of the population of Assam. How will this be solved? In 1947, the Muslim population was just a fraction and ethnic Assamese were in Majority. Now they are 44%. I wonder how this problem can be solved? The Congress betrayed India. I am afraid Sonowal may not be able to  do much, given the circumstances.

My cousin works in Tea estates in a place called Kukithal in Assam and apparently although the tea gardens are in the name of the owners and taxes paid by them, nearly 30% of the estates are occupied by Bangladeshis who come in hoards and live there and resort to violence hen they are asked to vacate. This was being actively supported by the Congress government, which had even issued voter cards to them..Thankfully such things will be dealt with now and the illegal immigrant sent away and asked to come through the immigration dept ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Next year elections too will be taken care of. No one except exit polls predicted a thumping win for BJP on Assam. Unless and otherwise BJP becomes complacent, I'm sure next year UP also will be grabbed by BJP

Unlike Assam, BJP has no viable leadership in U.P. Here the fight is mainly between ruling Samajvadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party. congress and BJP both are laggards. 

BJP won in Assam to the surprise of all, except prepoll exit polls. In politics, surprises are not uncommon. When it is possible for The BJP in Assam, why not in UP ?

There is one more trend. BJP defeats only Congress and not others. Even during parliamentary elections, Modi wave could not affect Bengal TMC, Odissa BJD, Tamil Jai lalitha. Rather BJP tries slome succfess with help of dominant state level parties as in J & K, Maharashtra, Punjab.  In Delhi despite good parliamentary win, AAP rooted out BJP. Congress is already weak in U.P. Here we have only choice between S.P. and B.S.P.   BJP and congress may compete for third an d fourth position as they did in Tamilnadu where Congress outnumbered BJP.

Also, Modi magic worked once in Parliamentary elections. This cannot work always. IF BJP wishes spectacular win in U.P., they need to invent some very emotive issue and incite communal hatred. Of course they have been trying but without success. In Agra, they recently fanned communal hatred over killing of one local Bajrang leader though this was only a personal enmity incident. Now people have seen through the game and saffron brigade is calmed down. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

BJP had been reduced to two MPs in the mid eighties. Political parties in democracy do see up and downs There is need to be  balanced. Not jump to overoptimistic or extremely pessimistic conclusions.

Tmc won the election with great majority in WB even after conspiracy of sarda and Narda

bhuyali saroj

MG Singh wrote:

The Congress party regardless of India  has created a gargantuan problem by inducing and legalising illegal Muslim migrants. I think they number nearly 30% of the population of Assam. How will this be solved? In 1947, the Muslim population was just a fraction and ethnic Assamese were in Majority. Now they are 44%. I wonder how this problem can be solved? The Congress betrayed India. I am afraid Sonowal may not be able to  do much, given the circumstances.

if our destination is 100 step away and we walk one step, 99 remains. Sonowal have strong will to solve this problem, it is first step.

anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

if our destination is 100 step away and we walk one step, 99 remains. Sonowal have strong will to solve this problem, it is first step.

True.  Sonawal has been unanimously elected as BJP legislature party leader in Assam. Yes, as you said, BJP in Assam had taken the first step with firm determination to solve the long standing problems plaguing Assam. Sonowal has the strong support of the BJP as well as the people of Assam, who voted for a change. Sonowal will definitely succeed.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

True.  Sonawal has been unanimously elected as BJP legislature party leader in Assam. Yes, as you said, BJP in Assam had taken the first step with firm determination to solve the long standing problems plaguing Assam. Sonowal has the strong support of the BJP as well as the people of Assam, who voted for a change. Sonowal will definitely succeed.

How will Sonowal succeed? will he identify nearly 25-30% of the migrants after 51-71 and send them back? Is it feasible/ Will Bangladesh accept millions back. Look at the human problem. Maybe he can stop infilteration, but that again is not in his hands as Bangladesh has a border with Meghalaya and many come from this route. It's a big problem that defies solution.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

How will Sonowal succeed? will he identify nearly 25-30% of the migrants after 51-71 and send them back? Is it feasible/ Will Bangladesh accept millions back. Look at the human problem. Maybe he can stop infilteration, but that again is not in his hands as Bangladesh has a border with Meghalaya and many come from this route. It's a big problem that defies solution.

A million Dollar question. the country has seen a change in Assam, that was not expected even by BJP. While I agree with you that the problem of Bangladesh immigrants looks right now daunting, with the arrival of Sonowal as the would be CM of Assam, as a first step has already took a decision to  seal the Border. I think it is too early to say if Sonowal succeeds or not. Let us wait and what Assam has in store in this regard.

Assam was not a surprise as far as BJP was concerned so it was not a change not expected even by the BJP. It was a foregone conclusion even before the elections and all the exit polls had predicted a win for BJP. It may be due to incumbency or people genuinely wanting a change in policies. 

UP will be tough for BJP because the two local parties Samajwadi and BSP will fight with all their might to see that BJP does into come into power. As of now it is the third largest party in the state and even if they increase their vote share and number of seats in the coming elections it will definitely help them..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

A million Dollar question. the country has seen a change in Assam, that was not expected even by BJP. While I agree with you that the problem of Bangladesh immigrants looks right now daunting, with the arrival of Sonowal as the would be CM of Assam, as a first step has already took a decision to  seal the Border. I think it is too early to say if Sonowal succeeds or not. Let us wait and what Assam has in store in this regard.

Who can seal the border?  State government or Union government. Birders are secured by central govt. through Border Security Force/ other semi military/ defence forces.  How much role state govt. has to play. This may be limited to internal law and order and identification. It also appears that the issue of Adhar Card and PANCARD also are beyond scope of state government. It is too much to expect state govt. to do in the matter of immigrants.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.