Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
jabeen wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

nobody can stop this natural disasters, I hope no such deep effects will occur.

Its true that one cannot stop the natural disasters from taking place. But its high time to think why natural disasters are taking place so frequently nowadays. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climatic Change has already predicted that the situation will only worsen, with asian countries affecting the most. Its time to think whether these natural disasters are the outcomes of the reckless activities of human beings. Also what must be done to reduce the impacts?

The cold areas have blizzards and snowstorms and the warmer areas have cyclones building up in warm waters. I guess the global warming had increased the frequency although it is a natural phenomenon like earthquake..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Now, in the case of Chennai cyclone, it is high time for the environmental experts to find out, the reason behind Chennai Cyclone. 

What a funny question ? I am sure the environmental experts know why a cyclone happens and if one takes the trouble to read up the net there is enough information given and it could save us all from such brainless, point grabbing posts ..

I know the reasons behind Chennai Cyclone. Earlier it happened some 30 years ago. Did the people of Chennai and the Authorities realized their mistakes and learned lessons ? Still same conditions prevailing. Same jammed drains. Same knee deep waters.

Jamming of drains is problem of every city. Here in my city drain system jammed if we have 50mm rain.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Now, in the case of Chennai cyclone, it is high time for the environmental experts to find out, the reason behind Chennai Cyclone. 

What a funny question ? I am sure the environmental experts know why a cyclone happens and if one takes the trouble to read up the net there is enough information given and it could save us all from such brainless, point grabbing posts ..

I know the reasons behind Chennai Cyclone. Earlier it happened some 30 years ago. Did the people of Chennai and the Authorities realized their mistakes and learned lessons ? Still same conditions prevailing. Same jammed drains. Same knee deep waters.

Jamming of drains is problem of every city. Here in my city drain system jammed if we have 50mm rain.

It rained severely in Chennai.

Rising sea temperatures have made severe cyclones such as  Varda more likely says, an analysis of Cyclones originating in the bay of Bengal. In addition to this Warming of Seas and rising coastal temperatures due to industrialization strengthen typhoons.

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
Babu saroj wrote:

nobody can stop this natural disasters, I hope no such deep effects will occur.

Its true that one cannot stop the natural disasters from taking place. But its high time to think why natural disasters are taking place so frequently nowadays. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climatic Change has already predicted that the situation will only worsen, with asian countries affecting the most. Its time to think whether these natural disasters are the outcomes of the reckless activities of human beings. Also what must be done to reduce the impacts?

The cold areas have blizzards and snowstorms and the warmer areas have cyclones building up in warm waters. I guess the global warming had increased the frequency although it is a natural phenomenon like earthquake..

Even in Pune the climate has become cloudy today and we are expecting rains. Everywhere else in Maharashtra too, rains are expected and the grapegrowers are now in panic with fear of losing their soon-ready-to-be picked grapes. I guess cyclone was only to be expected after the recent earthquakes that occurred in Indonesia, they were quite severe.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.