Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

There is active and passive corruption and by the end of his 10 year association with Sonia Gandhi as the head and he as the shadow PM he had realized the long term benefits of looking the other way , he and his family reaped  in the name of family tours in official capacity around  the world and luxurious retirement benefits unlike PVNarasimha Rao, who was used , abused and thrown out by the Madame and the Congress party... Manmohan Singh's soul is corrupt or else he wd never encourage corruption under his rule ..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ndtv.com/elections-news/manmohan-singh-checks-in-at-new-residence-564044%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

I completely agree with you.  He was a stooge. Wondrr what he gained but lost his self respect. He should be tried as an accessory to all corruption cases. 

Many are talking that Narasimha rao was a great Leader.  They forget that he was held guilty of bribing the JMM to win vote of confidence  in lok sabha and given 2 years jail by the CBI court.  He was let off by hi Delhi high court on technical ground and old age and he died soon aftet. What sort of man is he who gives crores of rupees as bribe to win a vote of confidence? 

In the JMM bribery case many others were involved too but the Family boot lickers like Satish Sharma, VC Shukla,Veerappa Moily , Sharad Pawar who were all let off whereas PVN who was anyway hated by the Family for having changed the party name from Indira Congress to Indian National Congress, and Bhuta Singh who was inown for his forthright speech were sentenced by the lower court . But they were both acquitted by the higher courts after they appealed against the verdict ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Arunima Singh
usha manohar wrote:

In the JMM bribery case many others were involved too but the Family boot lickers like Satish Sharma, VC Shukla,Veerappa Moily , Sharad Pawar who were all let off whereas PVN who was anyway hated by the Family for having changed the party name from Indira Congress to Indian National Congress, and Bhuta Singh who was inown for his forthright speech were sentenced by the lower court . But they were both acquitted by the higher courts after they appealed against the verdict ..

All person you mention here are involve indirectly in this scam. but PVN is main Beneficiaries. Butta Sing is corrupt most politician. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

All person you mention here are involve indirectly in this scam. but PVN is main Beneficiaries. Butta Sing is corrupt most politician. 

I agree the main beneficiary was Narasimha Rao as he could continue his rule. I wonder what sort of man he was to authorize a bribe of almost 30 crores to win a vote of confidence?. India will have to live down this shame.

We can only blame Congress culture of corruption which was practiced by one and all party leaders but PVN was absolved of all charges ...

After Rajiv Gandhi's assassination, he became the consensus candidate for the Congress president's post that put him in the prime minister's seat after the elections.

He headed a minority government for sometime and later acquired a majority strength in the Lok Sabha under controversial circumstances which his detractors said was acquired through dubious means.

After he relinquished power in 1996, he went through a difficult period facing trials in the infamous Jharkhand Mukti March MPs' bribery case and Lakhubhai Pathak case.

While the lower court convicted him in the bribery case, the Delhi High Court exonerated him later. He was also discharged in the St Kitts forgery case!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Narasimha Rao will remain in history as the ONLY prime minister of India to be convicted for bribery. This cant be denied. However, this pales before Nawaz Sharif getting 10-year jail in Pakistan. In November last year, I was in Pakistan and generall,y people were happy at his conviction. Though the High Court let off Narasimha Rao,, a perusal of the judgment shows ( I have read it as I am also a lawyer) that he was let off only on technical grounds and was not exonerated at all. This is a sad episode and a PM indulging in such bribery ( whatever good he may have done) cannot be accepted. People who are apologetic about him must put the nation first before personal bias.

I hold a different opinion here. I am of the thought that no party or individual is above nation be it Modi, Congress or BJP. There is no leader in this country who has left a legacy without mistakes or weakness and blunders. But things have to be weighed and seen in a larger picture. SO is of PVNarsimha Rao. But I still hold the view that he did very well as PM. If we go so much with idealistic views we will have no option to vote for .

Now Indian democracy is a dynamic and vibrant one. 

I feel that when you criticize a leader, do come up with the goods that he has done. 

Many people are writing that Modi will fail and seeing the results of these 3 states they have a sddist pleasure too that their prediciton is going right way. All of a sudden Rahul seems mature to them in all Rafale debates in Parliament though he is still fumbling with data and goes on and on like a tape recorder. His tape drama was another big step of maturity for these people who are singing praises for him all of a sudden after bashing him as Pappu for long.

There are articles written criticizing him with perceptions build around Rafale and his extremism and intolerance ( which just comes when ever BJP is in power, the same people are tolerant in other regime). They do nothing but play with psych of people. And the irony is that they have no better suggestion but to leave voters confused. When they criticize him, they do not give data for his work done in last 4 years or applaud him for his role internationally.

We are not importing Putin or Obama for elections here. We have options in front of us and we have to choose. Most of this anti Modii sentiment might have huge effect on election but if see logically is nothing other than...Anybody but not Modi. It is clueless. They know what they are standing against but are not sure what they are standing for. If Modi looses ( and many in India and around world wish for),  a part has to go on these people who are building up perception.

Now another classic is ...demand like a candidate like Nilkeini or Raghuramrajan would have been best?...Yes they would have been but the question is Are they in race??

It is like sitting in Dhaba where you have option of Chole bhature and Dal tadka and you demand for Pizza. That is not in menu. And the best part is one person of Indian origin sitting in foreign land coming and making mockery of this dhaba consumer, telling him all bad about the dishes available to him and leaving him confused. And this foreign settled fellow leaves with a remark that I am happy and fortunate to have a pizza in my foreign country. 

So what good has he done by putting his intellectual cap and criticizing all in elite tone and leaving voters with no option. He could have done it constructively and helped the ignored voters by giving him data and making him aware of data and figures. If his intellectual talks empower him, they make sense. But most of these intellectual talks go for a saddist pleasure..You know India is doomed, Has no leader, No future....blah blah.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, usha manohar

I hold a different opinion here. I am of the thought that no party or individual is above nation be it Modi, Congress or BJP. There is no leader in this country who has left a legacy without mistakes or weakness and blunders. But things have to be weighed and seen in a larger picture. SO is of PVNarsimha Rao. But I still hold the view that he did very well as PM. If we go so much with idealistic views we will have no option to vote for .

Now Indian democracy is a dynamic and vibrant one. 

I feel that when you criticize a leader, do come up with the goods that he has done. 

Many people are writing that Modi will fail and seeing the results of these 3 states they have a sddist pleasure too that their prediciton is going right way. All of a sudden Rahul seems mature to them in all Rafale debates in Parliament though he is still fumbling with data and goes on and on like a tape recorder. His tape drama was another big step of maturity for these people who are singing praises for him all of a sudden after bashing him as Pappu for long.

There are articles written criticizing him with perceptions build around Rafale and his extremism and intolerance ( which just comes when ever BJP is in power, the same people are tolerant in other regime). They do nothing but play with psych of people. And the irony is that they have no better suggestion but to leave voters confused. When they criticize him, they do not give data for his work done in last 4 years or applaud him for his role internationally.

We are not importing Putin or Obama for elections here. We have options in front of us and we have to choose. Most of this anti Modii sentiment might have huge effect on election but if see logically is nothing other than...Anybody but not Modi. It is clueless. They know what they are standing against but are not sure what they are standing for. If Modi looses ( and many in India and around world wish for),  a part has to go on these people who are building up perception.

Now another classic is ...demand like a candidate like Nilkeini or Raghuramrajan would have been best?...Yes they would have been but the question is Are they in race??

It is like sitting in Dhaba where you have option of Chole bhature and Dal tadka and you demand for Pizza. That is not in menu. And the best part is one person of Indian origin sitting in foreign land coming and making mockery of this dhaba consumer, telling him all bad about the dishes available to him and leaving him confused. And this foreign settled fellow leaves with a remark that I am happy and fortunate to have a pizza in my foreign country. 

So what good has he done by putting his intellectual cap and criticizing all in elite tone and leaving voters with no option. He could have done it constructively and helped the ignored voters by giving him data and making him aware of data and figures. If his intellectual talks empower him, they make sense. But most of these intellectual talks go for a saddist pleasure..You know India is doomed, Has no leader, No future....blah blah.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Thank you said by: anil
MG Singh wrote:
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I agree the main beneficiary was Narasimha Rao as he could continue his rule. I wonder what sort of man he was to authorize a bribe of almost 30 crores to win a vote of confidence?. India will have to live down this shame.

it was shame for India but not for Indian politicians. Shameless politicians deposit bribe in bank and other ruled country for 5 years

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.