Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
One can increase knowledge through distant learning courses, but the certificates are not suitable for getting jobs, one can increase exposure from these courses.

One can get knowledge from such courses but not the hands-on approach that is now usually encouraged in management courses.

Yes I agree , through distance education one might earn theoritical knowledge but not practical knowledge.
One can increase knowledge through distant learning courses, but the certificates are not suitable for getting jobs, one can increase exposure from these courses.

One can get knowledge from such courses but not the hands-on approach that is now usually encouraged in management courses.

Yes I agree , through distance education one might earn theoritical knowledge but not practical knowledge.

Exactly....and nowadays employers prefer candidates with more practical knowledge than simply degrees. So candidates who have been exposed more to hands-on practice of their syllabus in the form of various projects and summer jobs are preferred more than candidates who do not, which is what is mainly lacking in distant education. But where courses such as based on language and grammar skills, etc. is concerned, distant education can be good too.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Still a lot of Crowd at IGNOU distance learning center and it is in demand for professional courses like MCA,MBA and other Advance diploma. They are servicing as regular classes.

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Exactly....and nowadays employers prefer candidates with more practical knowledge than simply degrees. So candidates who have been exposed more to hands-on practice of their syllabus in the form of various projects and summer jobs are preferred more than candidates who do not, which is what is mainly lacking in distant education. But where courses such as based on language and grammar skills, etc. is concerned, distant education can be good too.

Actually distance education suits more those already employed with some basic qualification.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually distance education suits more those already employed with some basic qualification.

But sir the question comes back again. How much benificial it is... other than degree does it serve any other purpose ???

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

But sir the question comes back again. How much benificial it is... other than degree does it serve any other purpose ???

Some times degree is necessary for promotion. Then distance learning is the only way. This enables getting degree while attending office.

It does to an extent especially those whose promotions depend upon having that extra qualification certificate wise since they are already in job. But for those who aspire for higher studies so that they can switch jobs, that does not work much any more. Preference is given more to certificates of full time, dedicated courses. Which is why now there is an increasing trend of taking gap in education for 2-3 years to gain experience and earn fees and then taking break from working altogether for full-time higher studies!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It does to an extent especially those whose promotions depend upon having that extra qualification certificate wise since they are already in job. But for those who aspire for higher studies so that they can switch jobs, that does not work much any more. Preference is given more to certificates of full time, dedicated courses. Which is why now there is an increasing trend of taking gap in education for 2-3 years to gain experience and earn fees and then taking break from working altogether for full-time higher studies!

Is there any provision to give preference for certificates of full time,regular,dedicated courses in all circumstances ? I think there is no such provision.For promotion,they need higher degree

Is there any provision to give preference for certificates of full time,regular,dedicated courses in all circumstances ? I think there is no such provision.For promotion,they need higher degree

Depends on the institution that offer distance education. IGNOU's certificates are recognised for consideration for departmental promotion and increments. I'm one such beneficiary.
The qualification of cost accountancy and company secretaryship also add promotion chances in related jobs.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.