Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
You can never delete system apps that comes preloaded with phone.. (except few one).. The applications which are installed in system files you can't delete them directly..

For that you first have to ROOT your phone, which is risky process and will surely void your phone's warranty.. After rooting phone you can uninstall those apps with certain application.

If you don't want to see those icons on your menu then you can disable them from settings and manage application.. By that way they will be gone from your menu screen but they will be still there in your phone.

Will you please name that application for uninstalling the builtin Apps..

Name of application is 'Titanium Backup'.... But you have to root your phone first.

OK. This will help me. Uninstalling built in apps is far more direct and easy for Ipad

Not same in Android.. We have to ROOT our phone for the same.. As without accessing system folder we can't delete any system apps.. And for reaching to system folder we have to ROOT the phone. But it can be risky if we try it without proper knowledge and information.

I came to know that uninstalling the built in apps is not same for Ipad and android. In Ipad from settings any App can be removed in a jiffy and it shows the remaining space instantaneously. Of course uninstalling the built in apps in Android will pose problems if you handle 'Titanium Backup' without proper know how.

Can we can uninstall those built in apps like app store, music, videos from the ipad.. I don't think so.

Music and videos can be uninstalled ,But Not App stores. But app stores is very useful and it occupies very less space. I never thought that it's unnecessary as it goes on informing the arrival of new Apps.

I didn't mean that..

I am not talking about deleting music and videos. I am talking about apps that playing those music and videos.. Other apps like maps, calling ,messaging, itunes.. all are inbuilt apps and can not be installed directly.. I know who wants to delete them either..

I am just saying that because in Android we can delete all those apps like phone, message, music and all other inbuilt apps after ROOTING the phone... That's what make ANDROID different than IOS as android is open source.

I agree with you. It was my misconception . And you have cleared my misconception.
You can never delete system apps that comes preloaded with phone.. (except few one).. The applications which are installed in system files you can't delete them directly..

For that you first have to ROOT your phone, which is risky process and will surely void your phone's warranty.. After rooting phone you can uninstall those apps with certain application.

If you don't want to see those icons on your menu then you can disable them from settings and manage application.. By that way they will be gone from your menu screen but they will be still there in your phone.

What happened actually is that, I installed some updates to Gmail, Google Search and a couple of more apps. The total size went over 100MB. My new phone is hardly three months old and it has slowed down considerably. I can't remove any of the the Google apps which I just mentioned and Maps, etc. I had installed Facebook app, but then I uninstalled it within 3-4 days as it increased 45MB more.
I guess, I can at least revert back and uninstall the updates. That's the button that I see when I open the apps settings. If I revert, I can get rid of 100+MB storage. I think, I will do that. But please suggest some things.
And yes, I use Android OS.

What happened actually is that, I installed some updates to Gmail, Google Search and a couple of more apps. The total size went over 100MB. My new phone is hardly three months old and it has slowed down considerably. I can't remove any of the the Google apps which I just mentioned and Maps, etc. I had installed Facebook app, but then I uninstalled it within 3-4 days as it increased 45MB more.
I guess, I can at least revert back and uninstall the updates. That's the button that I see when I open the apps settings. If I revert, I can get rid of 100+MB storage. I think, I will do that. But please suggest some things.

You can remove those updates... but as I said you can't remove those apps until you ROOT your phone.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

You can remove those updates... but as I said you can't remove those apps until you ROOT your phone.

Removing those updates will bring down the size by around 100MB. So, I guess, that's the thing I can go for. It will remove the updates from all apps, I guess. But they won't obstruct the functioning of the apps. Am I right?

Removing those updates will bring down the size by around 100MB. So, I guess, that's the thing I can go for. It will remove the updates from all apps, I guess. But they won't obstruct the functioning of the apps. Am I right?

Yes that app will run fine.. You will lose those new features you got in those app from updates.. That's it. You can still work with old version of the same.

Yes that app will run fine.. You will lose those new features you got in those app from updates.. That's it. You can still work with old version of the same.

Then I guess, I better go with that. That will at least reduce the space. There was lots of updates that I got and I guess, it's about time I remove the updates.
I only need to ask one thing - Does uninstaling the updates uninstall the updates for all the app updates or for only that particular app? If it removes the updates individually, it's better, I can choose to keep updates for some of them and remove for those I don't need.

Then I guess, I better go with that. That will at least reduce the space. There was lots of updates that I got and I guess, it's about time I remove the updates.
I only need to ask one thing - Does uninstaling the updates uninstall the updates for all the app updates or for only that particular app? If it removes the updates individually, it's better, I can choose to keep updates for some of them and remove for those I don't need.

It will only remove update of that particular app, it will not affect other apps update till you remove them directly.

It will only remove update of that particular app, it will not affect other apps update till you remove them directly.

Yes, I did that. And it is working now. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.........

Yes, I did that. And it is working now. Thanks for the suggestions anyways.........

You can also move your installed apps into SD card so that it not slowdown your mobile.. But that also you can't move system apps into SD card, only those which you installed later on.

i too want to uninstall built in apps from my windows phone. will u please help me?
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.