Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

The only advantage this particular policy has is bringing more children ( probably) into classrooms , other than that what the advisory board argues is right because it does lower the standards because the students don't need to work hard which is very essential during those formative years. I am all for scrapping the policy because it does not do any good for our education system and there are other ways of encouraging children to attend school !

You are right, this policy is all rubbish one. Giving certificate of 8th pass is no value if the student can not read Hindi and write their names. it is also failed in bringing more children in school. I rural are people like to get work at their filed than send to their children in school. The best way to bring more students in school is providing facilities in government school like private schools.

My only response to this thread is- why waste money for something that will yield only negative results.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

My only response to this thread is- why waste money for something that will yield only negative results.

I subscribe to your views.Additionally, about this issue, Forum discussed a lot covering all aspects involved. And majority of the Members  are of the opinion that the system should  be scrapped. Any further additions will amount to burdening the forum with repetitions of the same views.

rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I subscribe to your views.Additionally, about this issue, Forum discussed a lot covering all aspects involved. And majority of the Members  are of the opinion that the system should  be scrapped. Any further additions will amount to burdening the forum with repetitions of the same views.

@suni51, didn't quite get it! You mean why waste money on govt schools or in trying to bring children to school ? In either case, isn't education the basis of progress of any nation?

@ rambabu, the topic has deviated from scrapping of the policy to the difference in education provided in private schools Vs Govt schools..and I think that's fine as they are related. 

Lopamudra wrote:
rambabu wrote:
suni51 wrote:

@suni51, didn't quite get it! You mean why waste money on govt schools or in trying to bring children to school ? In either case, isn't education the basis of progress of any nation?

@ rambabu, the topic has deviated from scrapping of the policy to the difference in education provided in private schools Vs Govt schools..and I think that's fine as they are related. 

During forum discussions topic deviations are bound to happen. One leads to other. What I want to drive home is, this topic has been widely discussed leading to the conclusion" No detention policy" should be scrapped.I feel the discussion  has served its purpose.

The educationalist of this country are a confused lot.

They heap up the syllabus  without understanding the child age or needs. Oftentimes they set the standards so high.

This does not allow for conceptual clarity and ensuring that the there is sufficient time to lay strong  foundations.

Then they say don't detain children and make a farce of exams and the educational system itself. 

There is no logic or rationale to their approach. 

Sofs wrote:

They heap up the syllabus  without understanding the child age or needs. Oftentimes they set the standards so high.

This does not allow for conceptual clarity and ensuring that the there is sufficient time to lay strong  foundations.

Then they say don't detain children and make a farce of exams and the educational system itself. 

Agree with your views..very true about the syllabus and the fact about poor base owing to poor conceptual clarity. This also depends on the individual teachers .Good teachers take it upon themselves to ensure strong foundation. I can speak for CBSE as I have taught only in those schools, that they have tried a lot of things ranging from CCE ( continuous and comprehensive evaluation) which evaluates a child's progress on a regular basis without too much pressure , holding regular workshops for teachers and so on.

Lopamudra wrote:

@ Usha, yes the infrastructure In private schools and govt schools can not be compared which does lead to a lot of difference but It is also true that a school Is good or bad depending on its results which in turn Is dependent on its teaching staff. Parents want the best for their children or so It seems based on the Interactions I've had with people from different places. If the school results have been good they aimto put their children there sbject to clearing  stiff competition to get into these schools eith admission tests and so on...not talking of the new age scools but the old good schools do not really charge that high either...I have myself studied In Kendriya Vidyalayas , central govt schools, throughout and have taught on adhoc basis at times . I have found these schools to be doing really well in places where the teaching staff is good. In fact even now, the KVs are producing great results , their curriculum Includes NCERT books which cover the syllabus for competitive exams. So, cant really generalize...there is a side which raises concern but the entire education system can not be held at fault

There are certain rules and regulations that are applicable while enroling students into Kendriya Vidyalaya since it is meant for central government employees children or for those with transferable jobs etc .So, even though it is really good and well run, all through India majority of the people cannot send their children there even if they want to .So the only option would be to send them to expensive private schools.If we had better state run schools, this difference between the state run and private schools would decrease and even middle class people would look readily at that option

Coming back to the topic I feel that as of now India needs a system that needs uphaul right from the ground levels before experimenting with the education itself thereby diluting the quality

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Sofs wrote:

Indian education system is overflowing with foolish policies. As if this is not enough, ignorant parent also adding more woes to the already bad education system.

Lopamudra, I was mainly talking about ICSE and state syllabus which I am familiar with.  

Even teachers who are dedicated need the time and the energy to cover the syllabus in a short time frame. It would make more sense to cover a few important topics thoroughly before proceeding to the next. The system should  lessen the syllabus to allow this. 

The child would also feel comfortable and move ahead with ease. 

There would be no need for parents to run from pillar to post taking their children for tuitions. 

It could bring teachers a lot of satisfaction and motivate them to do better. 

The system needs to be fair both to teachers and students. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.