Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    vijay
    Diamond Mate
    31 4.98k 28.3k

    I teach at the local University and a couple of private institutions. My observation is that students surely respect a teacher who has knowledge but has latest knowledge as Usha has said students do challenge teachers on knowledge front.  At times when I am not able to satisfy a student's querry to his satisfaction  I assure him I will do soin the next class. When I do so I have observed it creates a favorable impression and class behaviour also improves. Today's students are not so teacher dependent for knowledge as was te case say 10-15 years ago. Teachers have to now earn respect rather than rely on an oudated traditional manner.


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    usha manohar
    Basileus
    704 19.5k 126.1k

    I do the same since I have been surprised many times by students and I do admire them for their profound knowledge inspite of most of them coming from poorer village homes ,and we have a discussion after school hours where I also get to learn something about them and this rapport makes it easy to establish trust  and mutual respect.


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    vijay
    Diamond Mate
    31 4.98k 28.3k

    The rapidly expanding education sector often compromises on the quality of recruitment standards to fill their vacancies to keep the classes running. Such teachers complain of lack of respect by students when they are deficient themselves.


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k
    vijay wrote:

    I teach at the local University and a couple of private institutions. My observation is that students surely respect a teacher who has knowledge but has latest knowledge as Usha has said students do challenge teachers on knowledge front.  At times when I am not able to satisfy a student's querry to his satisfaction  I assure him I will do soin the next class. When I do so I have observed it creates a favorable impression and class behaviour also improves. Today's students are not so teacher dependent for knowledge as was te case say 10-15 years ago. Teachers have to now earn respect rather than rely on an oudated traditional manner.

    Teachers should be in touch with the latest developments in winch they are teaching. Now with the advent of internet, avenues of learning are increasing. Students keen on updating their knowledge can make a surprise a teacher who is not comparatively not in touch with the current knowledge.

     


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    Shampa Sadhya
    Platinum Mate
    56 1.65k 11.2k

    @vijay @usha manohar

    Though I am not working at present, I used to follow the same rule. No one can have all the knowledge so accepting the fact to the students is never humiliating. Confess the truth, take some time from them and later explain them is the best possible method to earn respect. Even, I do the same at home with my 13 year old boy. 


    shampasaid


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    Sofs
    Senior Boarder
    9 169 980

    I have  come across teachers who have filled me with admiration at the same time inspired me to  reach greater heights, it is educators like these that we look up to and respect. 

    However, respect should not depend on this  alone. Don't we respect our parents even though they are not perfect or well educated?

    We need to respect them also for what they do. My personal opinion of course. 


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k

    There is a saying in Sanskrit " Matru Devo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava, Acharya Devo Bhava. Means Father, Mother, Teacher are to be treated like Gods for their selfless services. All these three shape our destiny. We should remain indebted to them.

     


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar
    Editor & Super Moderator
    258 14.6k 108.2k
    vijay wrote:

    The rapidly expanding education sector often compromises on the quality of recruitment standards to fill their vacancies to keep the classes running. Such teachers complain of lack of respect by students when they are deficient themselves.

    The reservation system again is  to be blamed here. In all the government run schools there is reservation quota for teachers, most of whom fail to reach the quality mark. Even in colleges, the story is the same. I have had my own share of good and bad teachers both in school and college. The good ones, I still remember, in fact, me and my other college friends take efforts to get in touch with the retired teachers who inspired and motivated us to do well, they not only taught us the subjects, but the values of being a good person. The bad ones, one teacher in [articular stands out in my mind glaringly, a chemistry professor from reserved quota, who could not answer our doubts and instead told us to leave the classroom. That was in first year, and the result was I lost interest in the subject and never returned to it! So I agree that , like everything else, respect too has to be earned by keeping themselves at least one step ahead of the students.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    Sofs
    Senior Boarder
    9 169 980
    rambabu wrote:

    There is a saying in Sanskrit " Matru Devo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava, Acharya Devo Bhava. Means Father, Mother, Teacher are to be treated like Gods for their selfless services. All these three shape our destiny. We should remain indebted to them.

     

    That is our culture and tradition.  Our values need to come from them. I am somehow very uncomfortable with the lack of respect in general from the younger generation. 

     

     


  • Re: Why students are so disrespectful towards their teachers at present?

    by » 6 years ago


    rambabu
    Perandor
    1.49k 32k 218.8k
    Sofs wrote:
    rambabu wrote:

    There is a saying in Sanskrit " Matru Devo Bhava, Pitru Devo Bhava, Acharya Devo Bhava. Means Father, Mother, Teacher are to be treated like Gods for their selfless services. All these three shape our destiny. We should remain indebted to them.

     

    That is our culture and tradition.  Our values need to come from them. I am somehow very uncomfortable with the lack of respect in general from the younger generation. 

     Yes. Not only you. everybody in the society is uncomfortable with the lack of respect in general from the younger generation.The solution for this is again rests with the parents. Because every habit good or bad starts from the home.

     

     

     


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.

Do Kejriwal's Party lacks good promising leaders Nation-wide?

Do Kejriwal's Party lacks good promising leaders Nation-wide? Will this affect his party's performance in coming elections?
No answer selected. Please try again.
Please select either existing option or enter your own, however not both.
Please select minimum 0 answer(s) and maximum 3 answer(s).
/polls/politics/6335-do-kejriwal-s-party-lacks-good-promising-leaders-nation-wide.json?task=poll.vote
6335
radio
[{"id":"21866","title":"Yes","votes":"52","type":"x","order":"1","pct":61.9,"resources":[]},{"id":"21867","title":"No","votes":"17","type":"x","order":"2","pct":20.24,"resources":[]},{"id":"21868","title":"Don't Know","votes":"15","type":"x","order":"3","pct":17.86,"resources":[]}] ["#ff5b00","#4ac0f2","#b80028","#eef66c","#60bb22","#b96a9a","#62c2cc"] ["rgba(255,91,0,0.7)","rgba(74,192,242,0.7)","rgba(184,0,40,0.7)","rgba(238,246,108,0.7)","rgba(96,187,34,0.7)","rgba(185,106,154,0.7)","rgba(98,194,204,0.7)"] 350
bottom 200