Hello Friends,
As i got positive response from the members,iam starting this mathematical puzzles thread and here is the first puzzle.

Question 1:
In the year 1932,a grandson mentioned to his grandfather that now he was as old as the last two digits of his birth year.His grandfather said "What a coincidence.It applies to me also".
Definitely they both cannot have the same age.How old were they in the year 1932?

If correct answer is not found,i will be post them by tomorrow night or latest by Sep 15th.

Friends,tick your brains and try :-)

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Is it 16 and 66.

Grandson age is 16
grand father age is 66.
Wow.Good Sajeetharan.You cracked it.

Grandson was born in 1916. In the year 1932 his age is 16 which is nothing but the last two digits of his birth year.

Grandfather was born in 1866 and he was 66 years old in the year 1932 which is the last two digits of his birth year.

Well --- Thats wonderful Meean.... Hey why not you post another puzzle here.... This puzzle has been cracked... :) :) :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
really good Sajeetharan... :)

Next Puzzle please Meean... :laugh: :laugh:
Hmmm....Before getting a chance Sajeetharan cracked the nut of the puzzle.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Peter picked one pepper more than Paul. Pat picked one pepper more than Pam. Peter and Paul picked 10 more peppers than Pat and Pam. Peter, Paul, Pat and Pam picked 60 peppers. How many peppers did Peter pick?
Meean.... We are waiting for the next puzzle... :P :P :) :) :)

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
Sajeetharan has took my work and put the new puzzle.So let's crack that.

I cracked this puzzle.The no of peppers peter had is 18. :) Here is the calculation for that. Let the no of peppers Peter,Paul,Pat,Pam be x,y,z and a.According to the description the equations are given below.

x = y + 1
z = a + 1
x + y = 10 + z + a
x + y + z + a = 60

On solving this equations the answers obtained are
x(Peter) = 18, y(Paul) = 17, z(Pat) = 13, a(Pam) = 12

18 pepper picked by peter.35 pepper picked by peter and paul. 25 pepper picked by pat and Pam.That 17 pepper picked by paul.

Mean you got it right...You are proving that you are an engineer.
Post the next one!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.