Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

True, the producers of this movie fully knew that we the Indians are one of the most corrupt species on this earth with an evil mind and the movie will be a gold digger. We do not think in terms of morality but money comes first before everything else.

Exactly my feelings , the way people overlook Salman Khan and his criminal tendencies and today call him a Messiah of God , it won't be too far away, when we will see Sanjay becoming a patriot leading the nation,..and who do we blame? The media and the stupud ,gullible people of this country.

People like us are not overlooking Salman Khan or Sanjay Dutt despite of how the movie shows him or media shows him. Society will always be divided on their opinion about celebrities. And as far as the political aspirations goes, unfortunately politics is full of criminals.

I have seen people coming out of theatre and discussing it as a good movie but also mentioning that he was not as innocent as he has been shown or the movie tried to clean his image. So people still were sensible to get the hidden message. 

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

True, the producers of this movie fully knew that we the Indians are one of the most corrupt species on this earth with an evil mind and the movie will be a gold digger. We do not think in terms of morality but money comes first before everything else.

Exactly my feelings , the way people overlook Salman Khan and his criminal tendencies and today call him a Messiah of God , it won't be too far away, when we will see Sanjay becoming a patriot leading the nation,..and who do we blame? The media and the stupud ,gullible people of this country.

People like us are not overlooking Salman Khan or Sanjay Dutt despite of how the movie shows him or media shows him. Society will always be divided on their opinion about celebrities. And as far as the political aspirations goes, unfortunately politics is full of criminals.

I have seen people coming out of theatre and discussing it as a good movie but also mentioning that he was not as innocent as he has been shown or the movie tried to clean his image. So people still were sensible to get the hidden message. 

People likes this film only for Ranbir kapoor. No doubt Ranbir Kapoor is talented actor.

Arunima Singh wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

If we see it only as entertainment point of view and not linked to any celebrity who is trying to clear up his image, the movie has all the potential of a good entertainer. A good direction, good acting and all that one needs in a movie to be entertaining. But unfortunately it might have a hidden intention to clean up some image. For me I do not mind watching it for a second time as I found it entertaining.

Your analysis could have been quite fair had it been associated with any other celebrity, however, a person who has been convicted under TADA because he aided known terrorists by storing and distributing destructive weapons that killed many in the bomb blasts in Mumbai, I would say it is not at all fair! Every person of this country, no matter his status, economic background, his caste, education whatever, they are, owes his or her allegiance to this country, and those who violate our country's integrity are criminals and traitors, no matter how big that actor may be or how intelligent he maybe. By making this movie, the director has tried to make it look like that Dutta was never at a fault whenever he committed any mistakes and that he fell prey to circumstances. BY trying to make him look clean, they are only trying to falsify truth and the people whose dear ones were killed in the bomb blasts, the police who worked relentlessley to track down the terrorists., the reporters who investigated the story etc. are being denied the chance of being given justice. So I think, our idea of entertainment needs to be looked into once again. Just because Ranbir Kapoor has acted really well, does not mean that the victims of bomb blasts should be told otherwise that Dutta is a great person. We don't need that kind of entertainment!

@Kalyani Superbly explained. Every entertainment should also give some powerful message. Sanjay Dutt messed up his life by indulging in too many wrong activities so he underwent jail term and, that should be the message to the people, that harmful activities lead to suffering. Why there is an attempt to show him as a victim of the circumstance which he was not. He was a spoiled brat of a wealthy father and he just wanted to enjoy every minute of his life through money which is disgusting. 

Very true Shampa!!

In fact after watching the movie I felt that he was even darker than what I thought of him. I did not see anything shown in the movie which shows him as a victim of system. Rather he has been shown as a spoil brat who was irresponsible through out and never grew up. They have not justified his wrong doing. Yes police and media were shown in poor light . He was shown bad bad and bad man without any justifications. He is show more as a victim of his irresponsible and spoil brat personality.

One thing that movie gave as a strong message was that he is no more convicted in TADA and SC took that decision. He was accused in Arms Act and he went to jail and completed his term for that.

Movie does not talk about the payrolls and special treatment that he got due to his celebrity status. That is the loop and hole in our system. They have shown a bad picture of his suffering in jail which apparently he deserved and he went through it. 

@Arunima I have not seen the movie and not even interested to go and watch it. What I wrote is on the basis of various reviews. I feel that a movie maker could have made this film without naming it as a biography of Sanjay Dutt. Why to highlight a negative personality through movie when there is so much darkness all around. Many wealthy and negative minded people can try his tricks to fool people around them which is definitely not a good message to convey.

shampasaid

Thank you, Usha :)

True, all gangsta, people with criminal background are often allowed to make rules for the 'aam aadmi' we commoners' Sad that we still can't do much about movie maker who allow such people to use movie to make their way into politics and always have a win-win situation either ways. Like they say, any kind of news good or bad can act as a publicity for celebs. This movie does this to a great extent.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:

If we see it only as entertainment point of view and not linked to any celebrity who is trying to clear up his image, the movie has all the potential of a good entertainer. A good direction, good acting and all that one needs in a movie to be entertaining. But unfortunately it might have a hidden intention to clean up some image. For me I do not mind watching it for a second time as I found it entertaining.

Your analysis could have been quite fair had it been associated with any other celebrity, however, a person who has been convicted under TADA because he aided known terrorists by storing and distributing destructive weapons that killed many in the bomb blasts in Mumbai, I would say it is not at all fair! Every person of this country, no matter his status, economic background, his caste, education whatever, they are, owes his or her allegiance to this country, and those who violate our country's integrity are criminals and traitors, no matter how big that actor may be or how intelligent he maybe. By making this movie, the director has tried to make it look like that Dutta was never at a fault whenever he committed any mistakes and that he fell prey to circumstances. BY trying to make him look clean, they are only trying to falsify truth and the people whose dear ones were killed in the bomb blasts, the police who worked relentlessley to track down the terrorists., the reporters who investigated the story etc. are being denied the chance of being given justice. So I think, our idea of entertainment needs to be looked into once again. Just because Ranbir Kapoor has acted really well, does not mean that the victims of bomb blasts should be told otherwise that Dutta is a great person. We don't need that kind of entertainment!

@Kalyani Superbly explained. Every entertainment should also give some powerful message. Sanjay Dutt messed up his life by indulging in too many wrong activities so he underwent jail term and, that should be the message to the people, that harmful activities lead to suffering. Why there is an attempt to show him as a victim of the circumstance which he was not. He was a spoiled brat of a wealthy father and he just wanted to enjoy every minute of his life through money which is disgusting. 

Very true Shampa!!

In fact after watching the movie I felt that he was even darker than what I thought of him. I did not see anything shown in the movie which shows him as a victim of system. Rather he has been shown as a spoil brat who was irresponsible through out and never grew up. They have not justified his wrong doing. Yes police and media were shown in poor light . He was shown bad bad and bad man without any justifications. He is show more as a victim of his irresponsible and spoil brat personality.

One thing that movie gave as a strong message was that he is no more convicted in TADA and SC took that decision. He was accused in Arms Act and he went to jail and completed his term for that.

Movie does not talk about the payrolls and special treatment that he got due to his celebrity status. That is the loop and hole in our system. They have shown a bad picture of his suffering in jail which apparently he deserved and he went through it. 

@Arunima I have not seen the movie and not even interested to go and watch it. What I wrote is on the basis of various reviews. I feel that a movie maker could have made this film without naming it as a biography of Sanjay Dutt. Why to highlight a negative personality through movie when there is so much darkness all around. Many wealthy and negative minded people can try his tricks to fool people around them which is definitely not a good message to convey.

Even if the movie did not claim to be a biography, audience were smart to make it out and it would nave helped Sanjay Dutt in the same way. Movies come out of society and sadly we have dark people in our society. We all know about the bad nexus of politics, underground world goons. Bollywood etc and many movies have shown it but they were not a controversial biography. 

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Sadly the majority don't analyse , it is only the educated people who are able to perceive it as a film that portrays an individual , right or wrong for what he stands for. As far as the majority is concerned , when the media comes up with an interview and the film makers make a film , he must be a great person and probably the law was wrong. This is what I have listened to ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Sadly the majority don't analyse , it is only the educated people who are able to perceive it as a film that portrays an individual , right or wrong for what he stands for. As far as the majority is concerned , when the media comes up with an interview and the film makers make a film , he must be a great person and probably the law was wrong. This is what I have listened to ..

It is all because of low education standard. For some people film starts are there hero so they are always right. Once a member of EK replied me about Jaya Lalita, that she had done much for public so her all deed are valid for us.

usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That's a valid point!!

I remember I watched AZHAR, a biography of Azharruddin. I watched it with my husband and my daughters did not come with us. Azhar was one of my favorite sports person. My elder daughter read about him in some magazine and said "How can you like some one who had an extra marital affair". I took this as an opportunity to explain her that I like him as a cricketer and no where I can identify myself with the personal decisions he made in his life. We see PM Mod as a great leader but somewhere many have tried to malign his image by bringing his abandoned wife in picture. So somewhere we struggle to keep two traits of a person separate and it is struggle for all including me. I think the same happens with movies. 

Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Arunima Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That's a valid point!!

I remember I watched AZHAR, a biography of Azharruddin. I watched it with my husband and my daughters did not come with us. Azhar was one of my favorite sports person. My elder daughter read about him in some magazine and said "How can you like some one who had an extra marital affair". I took this as an opportunity to explain her that I like him as a cricketer and no where I can identify myself with the personal decisions he made in his life. We see PM Mod as a great leader but somewhere many have tried to malign his image by bringing his abandoned wife in picture. So somewhere we struggle to keep two traits of a person separate and it is struggle for all including me. I think the same happens with movies. 

Some what you are right, some people don't care about personal life person to whom they life for public life. Case of Modi is differ. Marriage of Modi is child marriage. He never accept that lady as his wife. Case of Sanjay Dutt is differ. It is matter of Nation security.

Sanju is hit one because of Ranbir Kapoor, Two come back movie, Bhumi and Sahab Biwi and Gangstar, of Sanay is super flop one. It is proved that people are not in favor of Sanjay Dutt.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.