Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hi All,

I would like to take this opportunity to announce another exiting program to recognize the most valuable members of boddunan - The Boddunan Most Valuable Member award. Here are the details.

1. Every month we will start a new poll with the title "The Boddunan Most Valuable Member Award - Month"
2. We will select a few people initially, but may not be the final list. The list is a starting point but nothing more.
3. All members have an option to add their choice, need not be themselves. they can nominate anyone they wish, however they can vote/nominate only once.
4. A final list will be selected based on user contributions in last month, votes and also other factors including all activity.
5. Top 5 members avatar along with other information will be published on home page next month.
6. Each selected winner will be given a new badge which will be shown on their profile pages forever.

So here is the schedule:
Nominations: November 2013
Voting: December 2013
Results and Awards: January 2014.

Criteria:
1. We select members based on their contributions across the site
2. Preference will be given to the contributors in Answers, Articles, Forum in no particular order.
3. We will consider the user votes as well provided we find there is no misuse of the feature, users can comment on voting page about why they nominate a member
4. Admin decision is final
5. The award is to recognize the people who are making this site live always.

Please do let me know if you have any queries.

All the best.

P.S. Please do not quote this post.

Members must have observed that I disciplined myself as to expressing myself for the justification or merit of this exercise by either giving negative or positive comments, simply because the title of this thread itself. I have no means of knowing what is the exact standing of Boddunan today . If it has progressed, I am and ought to be very happy and if it hasn't , those who are into managing it owe it to themselves why it hasn't!!! By putting a question 'who is the most valuable member' to ones who might have just joined or just here for a few months , we would be utterly unfair to those members who put in solid efforts in the start-up years. Boddunan should not be leaving this question to voting which it ought to know in the heart of hearts who are they!! It only promotes division and worse contrary to our harmonious existence!! That is the main reason I am least excited and enthused over this entire exercise!! I am sorry if anyone feels hurt otherwise.

What is wrong in giving right of vote to all members- old and new. I appreciate Chinmoy for his recent activity. Many have contributed well in the past. I appreciate them. But there is no way to give then honor for current contest. The basis for recognition is just last month for each contest and any one who is currently participating knows and appreciates the contribution of members.

First the title in that case should be amended suitably to indicate the month. As to honoring members in terms of value, the job itself is a delicate and intricate one, if Boddunan has any such program the task is too professional and demands a proper evaluation to be decided through voting - it amounts to shirking the duty. Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons. Conceptually this new one 'the most valuable member' should stand at a different plane altogether. We must be fair to members who contributed significantly in the past and respect them by including them in the roll of honors. An organization which does not link the past with the present, does not make a very good statement.

I agree. Title can be changed as 'Most valuable member for the month of......". Members' vote is not the only criterion for selection of 'most valuable member'. The ultimate decison is of the administration. SWo administration may select even the member who has got lesser votes.

My opinion is, a direct voting by the members should not be there. All the Moderators should constitute a committee. They should select a member purely basing on 'Performance.' What should be performance parameters should be prescribed by Administrator. Nobody knows better than the Editors when it comes to performance of a member. The final list be left to the Administrator. The basis for final judgment is the recommendations of the panel of Moderators.

My opinion is different, if it is for member of the month then the criteria should be overall performance, number of posts, number of articles, bonus earned in article section, share value, participation in QA and other programs. There is no need of voting or anything else. that perhaps will be the best way of selecting a member of the month. I hope everyone will agree to that.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee
Hi All,

I would like to take this opportunity to announce another exiting program to recognize the most valuable members of boddunan - The Boddunan Most Valuable Member award. Here are the details.

1. Every month we will start a new poll with the title "The Boddunan Most Valuable Member Award - Month"
2. We will select a few people initially, but may not be the final list. The list is a starting point but nothing more.
3. All members have an option to add their choice, need not be themselves. they can nominate anyone they wish, however they can vote/nominate only once.
4. A final list will be selected based on user contributions in last month, votes and also other factors including all activity.
5. Top 5 members avatar along with other information will be published on home page next month.
6. Each selected winner will be given a new badge which will be shown on their profile pages forever.

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:
2. Preference will be given to the contributors in Answers, Articles, Forum in no particular order.
3. We will consider the user votes as well provided we find there is no misuse of the feature, users can comment on voting page about why they nominate a member

All the best.

Members must have observed that I disciplined myself as to expressing myself for the justification or merit of this exercise by either giving negative or positive comments, simply because the title of this thread itself. I have no means of knowing what is the exact standing of Boddunan today . If it has progressed, I am and ought to be very happy and if it hasn't , those who are into managing it owe it to themselves why it hasn't!!! By putting a question 'who is the most valuable member' to ones who might have just joined or just here for a few months , we would be utterly unfair to those members who put in solid efforts in the start-up years. Boddunan should not be leaving this question to voting which it ought to know in the heart of hearts who are they!! It only promotes division and worse contrary to our harmonious existence!! That is the main reason I am least excited and enthused over this entire exercise!! I am sorry if anyone feels hurt otherwise.

What is wrong in giving right of vote to all members- old and new. I appreciate Chinmoy for his recent activity. Many have contributed well in the past. I appreciate them. But there is no way to give then honor for current contest. The basis for recognition is just last month for each contest and any one who is currently participating knows and appreciates the contribution of members.

First the title in that case should be amended suitably to indicate the month. As to honoring members in terms of value, the job itself is a delicate and intricate one, if Boddunan has any such program the task is too professional and demands a proper evaluation to be decided through voting - it amounts to shirking the duty. Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons. Conceptually this new one 'the most valuable member' should stand at a different plane altogether. We must be fair to members who contributed significantly in the past and respect them by including them in the roll of honors. An organization which does not link the past with the present, does not make a very good statement.

I agree. Title can be changed as 'Most valuable member for the month of......". Members' vote is not the only criterion for selection of 'most valuable member'. The ultimate decison is of the administration. SWo administration may select even the member who has got lesser votes.

My opinion is, a direct voting by the members should not be there. All the Moderators should constitute a committee. They should select a member purely basing on 'Performance.' What should be performance parameters should be prescribed by Administrator. Nobody knows better than the Editors when it comes to performance of a member. The final list be left to the Administrator. The basis for final judgment is the recommendations of the panel of Moderators.

My opinion is different, if it is for member of the month then the criteria should be overall performance, number of posts, number of articles, bonus earned in article section, share value, participation in QA and other programs. There is no need of voting or anything else. that perhaps will be the best way of selecting a member of the month. I hope everyone will agree to that.

Yes, this sounds convincing. My opinion above is strictly my own.
Hi All,

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:

All the best.

This is all mentioned in the first post by admin himself so there is nothing new that i have added or that came from me as an original idea. I think the voting was only a part of but not the main criteria- this also is mentioned in the post. And then he has to pick 5 members every month with same title so that should not be a big deal.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Members must have observed that I disciplined myself as to expressing myself for the justification or merit of this exercise by either giving negative or positive comments, simply because the title of this thread itself. I have no means of knowing what is the exact standing of Boddunan today . If it has progressed, I am and ought to be very happy and if it hasn't , those who are into managing it owe it to themselves why it hasn't!!! By putting a question 'who is the most valuable member' to ones who might have just joined or just here for a few months , we would be utterly unfair to those members who put in solid efforts in the start-up years. Boddunan should not be leaving this question to voting which it ought to know in the heart of hearts who are they!! It only promotes division and worse contrary to our harmonious existence!! That is the main reason I am least excited and enthused over this entire exercise!! I am sorry if anyone feels hurt otherwise.[/quote]

What is wrong in giving right of vote to all members- old and new. I appreciate Chinmoy for his recent activity. Many have contributed well in the past. I appreciate them. But there is no way to give then honor for current contest. The basis for recognition is just last month for each contest and any one who is currently participating knows and appreciates the contribution of members.[/quote]

First the title in that case should be amended suitably to indicate the month. As to honoring members in terms of value, the job itself is a delicate and intricate one, if Boddunan has any such program the task is too professional and demands a proper evaluation to be decided through voting - it amounts to shirking the duty. Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons. Conceptually this new one 'the most valuable member' should stand at a different plane altogether. We must be fair to members who contributed significantly in the past and respect them by including them in the roll of honors. An organization which does not link the past with the present, does not make a very good statement.[/quote]

I agree. Title can be changed as 'Most valuable member for the month of......". Members' vote is not the only criterion for selection of 'most valuable member'. The ultimate decison is of the administration. SWo administration may select even the member who has got lesser votes.[/quote]

That was exactly What I was pointing to! There could be a body consisting of worthy persons who would judge it and it could base its judgement on parameters spelt out by Sunil. Here, I would take up another idea of honoring members who have ceased to be active, yet they left very lasting impressions and there could be a roll of honors for this class of members that is going to inspire the current crop of members as well as future ones.
Hi All,

So here is the schedule:

Criteria:

All the best.

This is all mentioned in the first post by admin himself so there is nothing new that i have added or that came from me as an original idea. I think the voting was only a part of but not the main criteria- this also is mentioned in the post. And then he has to pick 5 members every month with same title so that should not be a big deal.

I was referring and was objecting to member participation in voting.
Thank you said by: Biswajit Kumar Nath
Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Let me put my thoughts on what is the goal.

- this program is no way meant to identify the most valuable members overall, otherwise it would be a one time task and not a monthly. the program is only to recognize the people for a corresponding month. I agree about the title. it will be changed due course.

- I disagree with the comments about not recognizing the overall top contributors, read most valuable members. Seniors here knows more than anyone else.

- the final decision will not be taken based only on the votes as I clearly mentioned in my first post.

[quote]Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons.[/quote]
I am sorry but that was never been the case,
http://www.boddunan.com/forum/3-contests-a-rewards/31083-daily-forum-activator-award.html?start=2730#181092

- Involving the editors/moderators as deciding panel will automatically makes them ineligible them to participate in the contest which is the reason for not considering this point.

I believe I answered most of the questions if not all. Let me know.

When opportunity is in front of you, don't hesitate to catch it. It will never come to you again. - Maverick

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. Let me put my thoughts on what is the goal.

- this program is no way meant to identify the most valuable members overall, otherwise it would be a one time task and not a monthly. the program is only to recognize the people for a corresponding month. I agree about the title. it will be changed due course.

- I disagree with the comments about not recognizing the overall top contributors, read most valuable members. Seniors here knows more than anyone else.

- the final decision will not be taken based only on the votes as I clearly mentioned in my first post.

[quote]Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons.

http://www.boddunan.com/forum/3-contests-a-rewards/31083-daily-forum-activator-award.html?start=2730#181092

- Involving the editors/moderators as deciding panel will automatically makes them ineligible them to participate in the contest which is the reason for not considering this point.

I believe I answered most of the questions if not all. Let me know.[/quote]

@Maverick

If that be so the thread of the title should be amended suitably, I hope there is no scope for disagreement.

If you have recognized indeed, the contributions of such members, I am yet to see the roll of honors for such members, please help me in identifying the section of the site doing so.

I don't know on what principle the members who happen to be holding positions as moderators or editors make them ineligible? They can at best be directed to not to exercise their voting rights when their interests are involved. It's a well-recognized and accepted practice under various laws of the country.

About the final decision which you rightly argue, won't be a product of voting and some other considerations would also come into play, my humble question is why do you leave these 'grey areas'? Who's going to decide that?

About exercises in the past in reviving interest of the members through contests like 'Forum Activator' and others, I would just jog your memory that it was promised in relation to 'Forum Activator' award that it would be restored when it faced problems at the hand of a 'green horn'. Let me know your views!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
About the final decision which you rightly argue, won't be a product of voting and some other considerations would also come into play, my humble question is why do you leave these 'grey areas'? Who's going to decide that?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Performance --- If there has to be a Member of the Month- The best way to select a member for the month is to see their overall performances and there is no human intervention needed in that. Every section of the site should speak for itself. By summing the performance of all sections together, a member for the month can be declared by admin. Every section can be allotted proper weightage points to make things transparent for every member to see and understand.

[quote]Earlier too many such attempts under various avatars like 'member of the month' , 'forum activator' and all that were tried and withdrawn without assigning any reasons.

I believe I answered most of the questions if not all. Let me know.[/quote]

This programme is really worth appreciating. This not only recognizes members' overall peformance but also involves all members by giving them voting rights. Even less inactive member will go through the site and exercise vote. Voting is only an element in overall exercise. I respect Chinmoy but I must say that it is more necessary to encourage current performance rather than honour the past activities. We live in present and so this is most significant.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Maverick, Biswajit Kumar Nath
great to see Maverick in forum thread, and I am reading the discussion as I am enjoying every moment out here. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.