The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The environment in offices/ work places should be gender free. An establishment works as a team. If some members are kept out of work during certain hours just on gender basis, this will be not only unfair but also unhealthy practice and not lead to efficiency.

There should be uniform for all staff members carrying logo of concern. Most appropriate will be shirt and trousers. The working women should have hair cut like men and should avoid putting on lipstick or other make up while going or returning from work place. This may be necessary for security. A woman in trousers/ Jeans and shirt is safer than a sari clad homely type woman.

Additional security is also necessary for both- male and female during night hours. The vehicles carrying staff to work places should be accompanied by armed guards.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]
There should be uniform for all staff members carrying logo of concern. Most appropriate will be shirt and trousers. The working women should have hair cut like men and should avoid putting on lipstick or other make up while going or returning from work place. This may be necessary for security. A woman in trousers/ Jeans and shirt is safer than a sari clad homely type woman.

[/quote]
Gulshan, do you mean disguising the women features will make it some what secure?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
yes,women could work in night shift as they are capable to
do so.As there is no diffrent between men and women and
over all in bpo industries there is no physicall work the
only quality they require is how perfectly she speaks and
how she can hanle the quires of customer.I believe that
india is much more save country in the world for women as
well as respect is also concern,,we should respect the women who is working in night as they are playing vital role in economic
growth--I beleive women are more patient&soft and can handle a customer better then men.
@Akash may be we can say women should work at night shift and should be allowed . But its hard implementing in our life people say that women should be allowed working in night shift but they do not allow their own wife to work in night shift.

@Gulshan you mentioned that working women at office should have hair cut like men which is not a good suggestion as many women would not like having short hair just because of their work . All women care about their hair and you want them to have short hair i think its impossible.

I think that no men will allow their wife to work at a office if it doesn't has good security at night and he may also inspect the security of the office may be just by visiting the office. So if the security if of good level he can be tension free and will allow his wife to work at night shift.

If their is good security at the office and the husband thinks that it may be dangerous to travel at night then he may drop his wife to the office in his car or scooter.
Abid Areacode wrote:
[quote]gulshan kumar ajmani wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]
Gulshan, do you mean disguising the women features will make it some what secure?[/quote]

Abid- This is in my mind. Wearing uniform and not using cosmetics will give the woman a look of working woman and she is less likely to be target of sex hungry unsocial elements. Moreover, same uniform for man and woman makes the office environment somewhat gender free. I hope you will agree that designer sarees and cosmetics make women more vulnerable to sexual assaults.

Rajani K wrote:
[quote]The topic:

Should Women Do Night Time Jobs or Not?

In this present economy due to increase in outsourcing market the shift system has increased which is troublesome for anyone including women. The odd timing without proper security can be unsafe for women as well as men. It can even decline the health and create some health problem related to improper sleep and habits.

Married Women will suffer more if they have to handle home as well as job simultaneously. The most important concern that makes women to opt for day jobs is insecurity. If the company can not provide proper security anything may happen. It is already known fact through the cases of hacked, raped,murdered victims previously. This is the main cause it is beleived to be unsafe for women but in real men can also suffer.[/quote]

I totally agree with the views that security problem is for men as well as women. However, traditionally, there are social taboos and infirmities from which women suffer. A man gets no stigma if he is assaulted any way unlike women. As long as social attitude does not change, women workers have to be given extra security not only during night but also in day. I hope that if women work in night shifts, a time will come when this will be normal. Women need security not only at work place but also in transit from work place and back. It is added again that special problems about women workers arise owing to social attitude that needs change.

@Gulshan As you agree that there are security problem for both men and women you should also agree that there are more security problems for women then men.
In India women working in night shift will only become normal when anti-social activities like thefts,murder,rape etc will reduce in India.
COOL BOY wrote:
[quote]@Akash may be we can say women should work at night shift and should be allowed . But its hard implementing in our life people say that women should be allowed working in night shift but they do not allow their own wife to work in night shift.

@Gulshan you mentioned that working women at office should have hair cut like men which is not a good suggestion as many women would not like having short hair just because of their work . All women care about their hair and you want them to have short hair i think its impossible.

I think that no men will allow their wife to work at a office if it doesn't has good security at night and he may also inspect the security of the office may be just by visiting the office. So if the security if of good level he can be tension free and will allow his wife to work at night shift.

If their is good security at the office and the husband thinks that it may be dangerous to travel at night then he may drop his wife to the office in his car or scooter.[/quote]

I suggest uniform and haircut not only for security but also for proper office environment and decorum. Women may not have haircut as small as men but even then these not be too long. I may refer to example of Kiran Bedi, first IPS officer. she sports hair cut. This is just a small suggestion and not necessarily to be adhered to by all women. Also, if woman has self confidence, she need not take advice of her husband regarding her office matters. When women allow men their way, men should also leave it to women to decide their office timing- day or night.
Of course, it is employers's job to provide security and proper working environment to all employees- men and women.

Well friends i think the topic is diverted..

Here the topic is whether women can work in night jobs or not but we are seriously discussing on security problems faced by women and how to overcome them..

I agree with coolguy, gulshan that women have security problem and our culture doesnt permit to ignore her as she has to play the role of wife,mother too..where two person depends on her...
Husband also thinks that whatever the wife do it should be secured work...But these all comes only when women work in night jobs..whereas the topic is whether night jobs are OK or not...

But according to the question of the topic we all have to decide whether women can do night job or not...As said earlier i conclude that Yes she can do night jobs as normal day job.

considering the drawbacks as any job have some drawbacks and one has to only select it if they think it is easy for them to handle.
I also agree with Abid that as women are fighting for equality she should be prepared to handle such situations cleverly and bravely
Cool Boy, I think you didn't understand what I had posted. I think you should read it once again. You should try to understand it.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.