Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
rambabu wrote:

All other other things you said are mostly being followed. The main problem is with those members who drag on, saying the same thing again and again and insist on making others contribute to their opinions. These members are mere point hunters. This type has to be taken care of by the moderators.

When someone drags on , others need not contribute ....As far as point hunting goes it is clear going by the weekly leader boards ..

Unless each member consciously curbs the instinct to post for the sake of doing so we will find discussions becoming boring and repetitive. Many discussions have more than 50% of the posts made by one member only and this demotivates others ! So, it depends on individual members to maintain a certain amount of discipline ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For me an ideal discussion is like Indian Masala movie where you should have emotions, aggression, drama, action along with knowledge sharing. But at the end we should feel comfortable to each other without having any negative feeling about other member. Also as mentioned above that a member should feel free to voice out anything (without hurting other's sentiments).

Sometimes we might have heated discussions but as a matured mind we should take it positively.  

Regards

Jeets

usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

All other other things you said are mostly being followed. The main problem is with those members who drag on, saying the same thing again and again and insist on making others contribute to their opinions. These members are mere point hunters. This type has to be taken care of by the moderators.

When someone drags on , others need not contribute ....As far as point hunting goes it is clear going by the weekly leader boards ..

Unless each member consciously curbs the instinct to post for the sake of doing so we will find discussions becoming boring and repetitive. Many discussions have more than 50% of the posts made by one member only and this demotivates others ! So, it depends on individual members to maintain a certain amount of discipline ..

Discipline. when point hunters were dragging the discussion only to amass points, I complained a Moderator. He was kind enough to advise me not to respond to such postings. And these are from a knowledgeable old member of this forum.

@usha manohar I must admit that the thread you have started is very meaningful. I say this because I feel we as adults must all know how to maintain the decorum of a forum. In my opinion humour is fine unless it's not too sarcastically directed towards anyone. I would go with the third point that you mentioned and keep an option open for the first point which may take place. I am against the practice of name calling, even indirectly, in the forum. This is truly unethical. Right here, I can point out the names used by a member but I would prefer not to do so. Secondly, supporting both the sides of a discussion seems quite baseless. If we all follow this pattern then discussion can be very healthy even though with opposite opinions.

shampasaid

Humor is required some times . But it should be related to the content of the post. Sarcasm indicates the other member' s inability to express his own view. Inability to add something of one's own kills the very spirit of the forum discussions. For example a member posed a question, " Why Modi is Silent ? the reply was perhaps Modi is maintaining " Maun Vrat. " This is alright and very much related with the content of the post. Sarcasm, calling names are undesirable.

rambabu wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Discipline. when point hunters were dragging the discussion only to amass points, I complained a Moderator. He was kind enough to advise me not to respond to such postings. And these are from a knowledgeable old member of this forum.

LOL, That is quite funny coming from you ...You only need to look at every thread here to know who the real point hunter is !neutral_face.png

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I can recognize them.  Because of this I complained to the Moderators. And this Moderators also agreed with me and identified the concerned Point hunter.  It's easy to identify Point hunters. I can name them. Even another moderator too identified that particular point hunter. In ideal member adds more information than monotonous and stale stuff which is nothing but echo of other members.

rambabu wrote:

I can recognize them.  Because of this I complained to the Moderators. And this Moderators also agreed with me and identified the concerned Point hunter.  It's easy to identify Point hunters. I can name them. Even another moderator too identified that particular point hunter. In ideal member adds more information than monotonous and stale stuff which is nothing but echo of other members.

The million dollar question is why is this point hunter member never on the leader board, you seem to beat him/her/them week after week, month after month ! Food for thought !

A Million Dollar question indeed. The reason for this point hunter's inability to be on the top week after week is he has been warned by the concerned authorities. It's as simple as this.

I wonder...Because, if at all the authorities have warned this member, it must have been quite a few years ago ! at least 2 - 3 years ago since board statistics speak different !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.