Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
MG Singh wrote:

People should not confuse lashing with punishments specified in the Sharia like chopping of hands and  hands. This is a simple punishment and was also poplar in public schools at one time. I was canned on my  buttocks  and had red weals by my master an English man at Stanes.

Yes it is poplar in yours and mine time but now physical punishment to student is crime.

anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

People should not confuse lashing with punishments specified in the Sharia like chopping of hands and  hands. This is a simple punishment and was also poplar in public schools at one time. I was canned on my  buttocks  and had red weals by my master an English man at Stanes.

Yes it is poplar in yours and mine time but now physical punishment to student is crime.

I agree with you Anil. Now in schools, physical punishments like canning and making the youngster kneeling for hours together outside  are looked down as  barbaric deeds. Many teachers misused such deeds and they were punished too.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I agree with you Anil. Now in schools, physical punishments like canning and making the youngster kneeling for hours together outside  are looked down as  barbaric deeds. Many teachers misused such deeds and they were punished too. Canning and lathi charge are used in police departments to dispel the unruly crowds in some places . There is a place for everything.

Punishments involving physical violence leave a permanent psychological scar in the reciever and are not recommended by educationists.

Personally speaking I am totally against any kind of physical abuse or flogging for students .. But when grown ups behave like brutes and are a threat to the society flogging might prove to be one of the solutions to check them although many of the hardened criminals may not even flinch at this !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Personally speaking I am totally against any kind of physical abuse or flogging for students .. But when grown ups behave like brutes and are a threat to the society flogging might prove to be one of the solutions to check them although many of the hardened criminals may not even flinch at this !

Very true, but it will be effective if one or 2 of the JNU students are given this dose

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Very true, but it will be effective if one or 2 of the JNU students are given this dose. 

The dose will be more appropriate to the advocates who created lawlessness in court and the saffron elements/ others including TV channels fabricating videos to allege 'sedition'.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In many countries where flogging is there crime continues. In China mostly corrupt officials are jailed for long periods or also shot, yet corruption flourishes even at higher levels. 

Flogging is a kind of punishment to control people by beating with stick, rod or any other kind of such tools. When parents beat their children with stick for their wrong deeds, it is also a kind of flog. There is no mistakes for such light punishment because it is good for children to learn discipline. Earlier days, flogging was allowed in school also. Teachers were allowed to beat students for their wrong deeds. But today, teachers do not have the permission to use stick to punish children. Teachers are advised to change the children with positive words instead of beating with stick. 

Everyone is talking everything but avoiding the main question- is it okay to talk against their own country and go Scott free? People are suggesting every possible rule in favor of anti national elements just to catch few votes in future elections.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.