Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ MGSingh: Issues raised above will be answered by Mr Ajmani. I also follow your views and would like to know what aspects of our Constitution are against the principles of our majority religion Hinduism? The constitution has drawn heavily from those of other countries esp. USA. As a proud Hindu if I want my religion to be cleansed of its ills which make it weak and upon doing so it will emerge stronger am I a lesser Hindu than say you who constantly want Muslims to be regulated and treated as second class citizens. The India post 1947 is based on the Constitution but you want it to be based on pre 1947 biases. It is an opportunity to develop a truly secular country where religion is a private affair. It is a challenge. 

This is with reference to M.G. Singh's post partly replied by Vijai. The Muslims in India do not want sharia law. The question of uniform civil law is irrelevant. On all common issues, we have same law applicable to all irrespective of religion. In Manusmriti, there was different punishment for same crime depending on caste of person involved. Even in sharia criminal law, there is no discrimination. I do not support introduction of sharia as well as Manusmriti. No Muslim has demanded introduction of sharia. 

We have to distinguish between common law and personal law. The common law pertains to crimes, property disputes, business transactions. The code of criminal procedure, Indian Penal code, Civil procedure, business law- these are same for all and hence there is already uniform law.

But personal law is different. Personal is really personal and so there is bound to be difference. Personal law is about various rituals on birth, marriage, divorce, succession and other matters concerning community only. There is no uniform civil code even for Hindus. There is Dayabhag in Assam and West Bengal whereas Mitakshra in rest of India. There are also separate law for various tribes. Personal law depends on customs and rituals of a community.  You cannot bring common civil code even for Hindus- not to speak of Muslims.

Incidentally, common civil code, Ram Temple and special status of Jammu & Kashmir were very favorite issues of BJP/ RSS but now as they are in power, they have forgotten these. any way, I welcome this.

Now the question, Why I don't comment on Muslim League.  Now this does not seem relevant being a historic matter only. Presently, there are some Muslim outfits like MIM led by Ovaisi. But Ovaisi has not said anything anti national. His energy is diverted simply to retort to provocation by Hindutva forces.

As regards the plea that India can be secular even as Hindu nation, we must remember that India has very sizable minorities who will not accept this plea. There is also no such need. You can follow your religion personally and worship as you please.  However, if you wish that some religion be state religion, we have already one-- Budddhism- as the national emblem- four lions with words 'Satyamev Jayate'- is from Sarnath.  Practically, you begin even the official function following Hindu ritual like performing Yagna and breaking coco nuts. If you wish you can still believe that there is imprint of Hindu religion in all our activities. even Sonia Gandhi begins her election campaign from temple visit. What else you want. 

Now why RSS is fascist. You need go through 'Bunch of thoughts' and 'We- our nationhood defined' to realize the fascist character of the organization. They are not so much pro Hindu as Anti Muslim, anti Christian, anti Communist and now anti any thing that is progressive and liberal.

The latest wisdom from RSS leadership is that Bhagawa is better our national flag as this was even before Titanga. May be they would make  next statement that Manusmriti is older than current Indian constitution and so why not treat this  as Indian Constitution.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

RSS leadership is absolutely right in his stand that the Saffron flag is older than the tri color since RSS has been in existence since 1925. His statement does not change the realities of today, so why make much of it unless some people see read when they hear saffron !!!astonished.png

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Either you are really naive or think others are stupid not to see the intention behind such observations by such leaders. Every few days they come up with such thoughts and then issue clarifications changing their earlier observations.

I would rather be called naive and as far as others are concerned it is up to them what they choose to believe of an organisation like RSS which is patriotic and is always at the forefront when national tragedies occur, quietly working without hankering after any publicity ( they have been helping out even at Calcutta ) cant be said that of any other organisation which talks big about its achievements, nor did RSS divide India based on religion in 1947...I guess people need to introspect their own preferences before putting down others .Just because a family owned communal party decided to go all out defaming RSS , does not mean the rest of us are blind and deaf !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

I would rather be called naive and as far as others are concerned it is up to them what they choose to believe of an organisation like RSS which is patriotic and is always at the forefront when national tragedies occur, quietly working without hankering after any publicity ( they have been helping out even at Calcutta ) cant be said that of any other organisation which talks big about its achievements, nor did RSS divide India based on religion in 1947...I guess people need to introspect their own preferences before putting down others .Just because a family owned communal party decided to go all out defaming RSS , does not mean the rest of us are blind and deaf !

The RSS is a patriotic organization. I have seen that during the Kargil conflict RSS volunteers helped my squadron boys in everything. It was a great morale boost. My father tells me that in the 65 war with Pakistan the RSS volunteers caried hot food to the trenches of Indian soldiers. Alas, some perverted minds keep on harping and calling a RSS a fascist organization. The fascist theory as practiced under Mussoloni in Italy with the Brown shirts killing all opponents is not RSS way of work. How many know that RSS was allowed by Nehru to do a march past in 1963 during R Day parade.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The RSS is a patriotic organization. I have seen that during the Kargil conflict RSS volunteers helped my squadron boys in everything. It was a great morale boost. My father tells me that in the 65 war with Pakistan the RSS volunteers caried hot food to the trenches of Indian soldiers. Alas, some perverted minds keep on harping and calling a RSS a fascist organization. The fascist theory as practiced under Mussoloni in Italy with the Brown shirts killing all opponents is not RSS way of work. How many know that RSS was allowed by Nehru to do a march past in 1963 during R Day parade.

Those who Question Rashtriya Swayam Sevaks patriotism are not aware of the facts.. When incessant rains and floods have thrown the life of people to a nightmare, in Chennai not long ago, RSS Swayamsevaks along with the NDRF team carried rescue operations. Not a single Congress member was visible  anywhere in the near vicinity.

MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I know s many RSS members and they are always ready to help out without bothering about religion or caste hen there is a calamity. We had one of the worst Communal riots here when the entire district was shut down and there was curfew all over he place. RSS workers would carry rice and other supplies through country boats and take it to people living in smaller villages, unable to get any supplies. They are respected by all here because they have been the cause of any trouble ..

usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

I know s many RSS members and they are always ready to help out without bothering about religion or caste hen there is a calamity. We had one of the worst Communal riots here when the entire district was shut down and there was curfew all over he place. RSS workers would carry rice and other supplies through country boats and take it to people living in smaller villages, unable to get any supplies. They are respected by all here because they have been the cause of any trouble ..

Any person who like to criticize, than he/she criticize at any cost. These type of person like to saw only negative things. RSS is big organization. it have lacs members. So it not possible that some mistake never happen. The person who are criticizing Sawaym Sewak, they don't know about their sacrifice. RSS is not capable to pay big amount as stifund to their workers. workers got very small amount. Most of worker, who is called Parchark eat dinner and lunch at the house of other sawaym sewak because they can't afford expenses of their diet.  They spend whole life in this style. 

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Any person who like to criticize, than he/she criticize at any cost. These type of person like to saw only negative things. RSS is big organization. it have lacs members. So it not possible that some mistake never happen. The person who are criticizing Sawaym Sewak, they don't know about their sacrifice. RSS is not capable to pay big amount as stifund to their workers. workers got very small amount. Most of worker, who is called Parchark eat dinner and lunch at the house of other sawaym sewak because they can't afford expenses of their diet.  They spend whole life in this style. 

I know. RSS is highly organized group.Our current PM and many Nation loving patriots give credit of their upbringing to the RSS. In the Independence movement in 1930, RSS organized lectures for the common masses on the need of Independence. In Sino Indian war,RSS worked selflessly and helped the wounded soldiers to the relief camp and provided basic needs.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.