Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I have stated that Nehru wanted a Uniform Civil Code but could not do so because of opposition. He did it for Hindus. Instead of praising him for this courageous step you enjoy condemning him. You should condemn the PMs who followed him till date for lacking courage. Nehru's action was not final. It can be done today also. Let it be done muslims or no muslims.Have guts do it.

Where is the courageous step in giving something that would have made this nation much more secure simply to please the then 8% of the population? It shows him as a dithering leader who not only was not capable of taking any firm decisions good for the country but made sure that no one else did so as long as his party was in power and now things have become so bad because of their communal policies that it is an uphill task. But, no matter what I sincerely hope that Modi gets to rule for at least 2 more terms to undo all the wrong doings of the previous governments.. We have had enough of the so called democratic, psuedo secular rules ..

http://india.wikia.com/wiki/Uniform_civil_code

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It was not done to please any section as you are alleging. The common civil code was opposed by tall leaders like Rajendra Prasad and Sardar Patel. It was to be done when acceptability would be higher. You are only condemning without facts . Let Modi get as many terms as people will give him. But for common code even one term is enough. Will should be there.

usha manohar wrote:

The fact of the matter was that Nehru did not bring in Uniform civil code because  of musilm opposition...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/68-years-after-Independence-consensus-on-uniform-civil-code-remains-elusive/articleshow/49397679.cms

This is a fact

It is work known fact, what is point in repeating it again and again.He could not get consensus and passed only the Hindu Code Bill. But what stopped following PMs bringing UCC. Present government Law Minister told SC that UCC cannot be brought till there is consensus. Then why blame Nehru and sing praises of present set up I can not understand.

yes why to sing praises on past, its better to move forward and make our future beautiful 

bhuyali saroj

Our present stands on what the past was, we can see it in the continued battle for Kashmir which is a leftover from the past. It can neither be repaired nor erased but we have to put up with enormous amount of expenditure, so many unnecessary deaths and so on..There is a saying that old sins cast long shadows !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

By your analogy then the future stands on the present. So if in present we are all the time brooding on the past then in future we will continue to do the same. Break the cycle and be positive is what I am trying to advocate, but you see in me all things which I am not ranging from communal  to sikular and god knows what all.

usha manohar wrote:

Our present stands on what the past was, we can see it in the continued battle for Kashmir which is a leftover from the past. It can neither be repaired nor erased but we have to put up with enormous amount of expenditure, so many unnecessary deaths and so on..There is a saying that old sins cast long shadows !

Yes babu don't know that DNA transfer in next generation. We get these problem from past and still these are with us.

vijay wrote:

By your analogy then the future stands on the present. So if in present we are all the time brooding on the past then in future we will continue to do the same. Break the cycle and be positive is what I am trying to advocate, but you see in me all things which I am not ranging from communal  to sikular and god knows what all.

I call a certain party communal, sikular etc etc and I thought you are not particular about any  political party , so it is not meant for you ...However, I totally agree that there is no point in brooding about the past unless it comes up on its own and creates a problem, at which stage we have to deal with it and automatically everything that is related to it comes alive 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.