Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is fair neither to Nehru nor to Modi to compare them. Nehru was first post independence P.M.  He is rightly known as architect of India. But I feel that giving asylum to Dalai Lama was a bad policy. even if Asylum is justified on humanitarian ground, it makes no sense to permit Dalai Lama to install a govt. in exile at Dhramshala (H.P.) and propagate against China.  This bad decision might have resulted in war in 1962. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

USA & UK  regularly give asylum to affected persons. Are they wrong in doing so. Humanity also calls for such acts. Blaming Nehru is wrong. He represented the will of the nation. We have to learn to stand against China the bully.

vijay wrote:

USA & UK  regularly give asylum to affected persons. Are they wrong in doing so. Humanity also calls for such acts. Blaming Nehru is wrong. He represented the will of the nation. We have to learn to stand against China the bully.

I have commented that asylum on humanitarian ground could be just just. But Nehru went beyond humanitarianism. He allowed Dalai lama to carry out political activities and also form a Govt- in exile on Indian soil.  This could definitely be considered an hostile act against neighboring country.   

But the same neighboring country anexed Tibet an independent nation and we could do nothing.The least we could do was to allow them form a government in exile. At least we showed some spine.

vijay wrote:

But the same neighboring country anexed Tibet an independent nation and we could do nothing.The least we could do was to allow them form a government in exile. At least we showed some spine.

There is contradiction in stand of India on Tibet. Nehru and successive governments have always recognized Chinese rule in Tibet. Hence allowing Dalai Lama to indulge in politics and form Govt. in exile seem unfair and illogical. 

While Nehru gave away so many freebies or GIFTS which are still costing us dearly what if Modi took away a small thing like Visa to a terrorist? Maybe that is an indirect  reminder to China how the terrorists should be treated. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:

While Nehru gave away so many freebies or GIFTS which are still costing us dearly what if Modi took away a small thing like Visa to a terrorist? Maybe that is an indirect  reminder to China how the terrorists should be treated. 

Really this is small thing. This is nothing in comparison to issue like giving asylum as well as permission to Dalai Lama to set up a government in exile and carry out political activities from Indian soil. 

vijay wrote:

Good that reality is beginning to dawn on your opinions. Wish some of it rubs on your forum supporter also.

It is  not possible to please each and every person. It is right that we are not happy with this decision of NDA government, but it does not means that we are change our opinion about Modi, he and his government is still better than Congress.

usha manohar wrote:

It is not as if Modi government has not tried but the armymen are stubborn about their demands.In any kind of negotiation there should be give and take and willingness to compromise. The Police and para military forces too have a very risky job but they continue in service much longer unlike armymen who are forced to retire at 36 . However, the government has made changes but a few not are arm twisting the government . This government has certainly done much better giving in to their demands unlike the previous one, so no comparison with Nehru o any of the past leaders. This is not a black mark on Modi or BJP but goes to show the stubborn and unreasonable demands of army personnel and believe me most civilians see it that way !

All points raised by you are answered in my article on Boddunan and so there is no pint in repeating them here. You are not aware of the groundswell of support for ex-servicemen agitation and for that you have to to go Jantar Mantar and see the thousands of farmers and the educated elite supporting the movement. Remember the army has to be kept satisfied as it is the sword arm of the nation. Withdraw the army from Kashmir and NE India and Indian nation will collapse.People  don't realize the disaffection in the army . What happens tomorrow if the army is not motivated to fight ? Be realistic. This is a serious matter and Modi has betrayed the soldier. He promised and gave a watered down scheme which has led to a joint protest by the 3 service chiefs.  Aware? 

Talking of teh future "In terms of what is in store for Modi, his rising to power just now is interesting in light of the fact that Saturn will cross his ascendant in November. This suggests a difficult path for him in 2015-16. When Saturn crosses the ascendant and enters a person's first house, that is generally a time when one's influence in the outer world wanes. One is generally left "standing alone." Moreover, although a natal tenth house Saturn indicates a rise to considerable power in the outer world, it more correctly suggests a rise to power and then a fall from power. For that reason astrologers refer to Saturn in the tenth house as the "Napoleonic Saturn," because Napoleon had it, and we all know what happened to him." The same thing may happen to Modi if he does not reform. This is on my personal blog. Modi's horoscope with its Connotation shows the meteoric rise and precipitous fall. I support Modi, but he has to ACT.

vijay wrote:

I agree, Modi has set a bad precedent. What Nehru did required courage, but he did it. Modi chickened ona small issue of Visa and that shows he has very little comprehension of power politics.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.