Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The way people were mourning or let me say that the way they were crying, I wonder will they at all mourn in the same manner if they loose any of his/her family member or friend.

Yes it is right she was a more than family member and friend of her supporters. Note one thing the people who are crying and general public not MLA and MP of her party.

They are blind supporters and that is not good for any democratic country or state. If she was so selfless then I think the Mother of the Nation title must be conferred on her. As she was the Amma, the title of the Mother of the Nation will be justified, isn't it so? For me, no politician can be more important than my family.

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

The way people were mourning or let me say that the way they were crying, I wonder will they at all mourn in the same manner if they loose any of his/her family member or friend.

What does one say to this ? AIADMK is doing politics even in death claiming that over 70 people died of shock while the actual figure is less than half of that ...are they happy that so many people died ?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/nearly-77-die-of-grief-shock-over-illness-and-subsequent-death-of-jayalalithaa/

The whole practice was ridiculous. I am really surprised that even on this platform people are there to justify people's reaction. Liking a leader is a different aspect but going overboard while mourning is pathetic to the viewer's eyes. I wonder, when this politics on every incident will take a back seat.  

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

What does one say to this ? AIADMK is doing politics even in death claiming that over 70 people died of shock while the actual figure is less than half of that ...are they happy that so many people died ?

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/nearly-77-die-of-grief-shock-over-illness-and-subsequent-death-of-jayalalithaa/

What I would like to know is if these persons have really died from grief and shock over her death? In India, we have a tendency to exaggerate every situations. Recently too, when news were pouring that people have died from the shock of demonetisation, many turned out to be rumours. In two or three cases, the family members of the dead people clarified that they were already suffering from heart problems from before. So one needs to treat such kinds of deaths cautiously.

Another point I would like to mention is that political parties should not encourage crazy behavior among its supporters. By giving compensation to the person who tried self immolation or the one who tried to cut off his fingers, I feel that they are encouraging such kinds of unhealthy trend to other supporters. Self immolation or cutting body parts over someone's death is an unjustified sacrifice. Their actions will not bring her back to life.

jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

What I would like to know is if these persons have really died from grief and shock over her death? In India, we have a tendency to exaggerate every situations. Recently too, when news were pouring that people have died from the shock of demonetisation, many turned out to be rumours. In two or three cases, the family members of the dead people clarified that they were already suffering from heart problems from before. So one needs to treat such kinds of deaths cautiously.

Another point I would like to mention is that political parties should not encourage crazy behavior among its supporters. By giving compensation to the person who tried self immolation or the one who tried to cut off his fingers, I feel that they are encouraging such kinds of unhealthy trend to other supporters. Self immolation or cutting body parts over someone's death is an unjustified sacrifice. Their actions will not bring her back to life.

Jayalalitha was an autocratic leader who enjoyed people , specially her party MLAs and ministers crawling at her feet. I was reading a news item where apparently some party supporters are saying that since she was a goddess to them, her house is like a time and they will worship the place. Honestly such brainless activities can go on , only in India and that too with people who have nothing better to do .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
jabeen wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

Jayalalitha was an autocratic leader who enjoyed people , specially her party MLAs and ministers crawling at her feet. I was reading a news item where apparently some party supporters are saying that since she was a goddess to them, her house is like a time and they will worship the place. Honestly such brainless activities can go on , only in India and that too with people who have nothing better to do .

Blame it on the idol worship that is seen to be carried to an extreme in the South, especially TN. I really don't understand the psychology of such people who go to any extremes to exhibit their real/fake grief and to what purpose?

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I read somewhere that it was unusual this time that no riots broke out in TN after loss of such a larger than life image leader. It is so common in TN. This time it did not happen due to demonetization. I wonder if such bizzare things do happen.

I am open to experience what life's mystery bag holds for me

www.arunimakunwar.blogspot.in

Arunima Singh wrote:

I read somewhere that it was unusual this time that no riots broke out in TN after loss of such a larger than life image leader. It is so common in TN. This time it did not happen due to demonetization. I wonder if such bizzare things do happen.

Yes, its true there were no large scale riots or destruction in TN. But another fact is that many incidents were cleanly suppressed by the media. For reasons best know only to them

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated - Confucius

Does it mean that riots cannot be financed by white money ? 

It's strange to find conscious people advocating Amma worship and some of us who feel differently are left aside. Well, that hardly matters because I am sure all those who are against such a practice consider this form of worship as very cheap.  

shampasaid

If an individual goes all out in implementing welfare measures to the Society, definitely such people are worthy of being idolized,It must be remembered that amidst the cyclone, it were Amma canteens that served the free food to the victims of the Cyclone hit victims in Tamil Nadu.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.