Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We care more about heart and lungs but seldom about eyes. Just imagine what loss of sight means. Just imagine dark world. We need to take food like carrots and leafy vegetables, fish for eye care.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/8-wonder-foods-care-eyes-002546810.html
Green vegetables are must for a good eye, and also regular periodic check up of eyes is necessary, We used to reach to Shankar Netrallaya annually, first time know about fish is related to strengthening of eye, which fish, salt water or sweet water or both?

Any fish containing omega fatty acids like sardines ( available both in river waters and sea) will do lot of good to the eyes.

Please suggest a food for non-fish eaters, thanks.

Carrots will top the list. Next in the list is leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, eggs ( your option) and beans. You can get plenty of them in any season non stop especially in Australia where you are living now.
We care more about heart and lungs but seldom about eyes. Just imagine what loss of sight means. Just imagine dark world. We need to take food like carrots and leafy vegetables, fish for eye care.

Green vegetables are must for a good eye, and also regular periodic check up of eyes is necessary, We used to reach to Shankar Netrallaya annually, first time know about fish is related to strengthening of eye, which fish, salt water or sweet water or both?

Any fish containing omega fatty acids like sardines ( available both in river waters and sea) will do lot of good to the eyes.

Carrots will top the list. Next in the list is leafy vegetables, sweet potatoes, eggs ( your option) and beans. You can get plenty of them in any season non stop especially in Australia where you are living now.

Thanks, I am taking all these plus avocados, except eggs which are different here from our local eggs although I have stopped even local eggs after bird flue spread.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: anil
Thanks for these tips and the link. Actually we all need to take care of the eyes, especially as we are so long in front of the computer almost all day long.
Thanks for these tips and the link. Actually we all need to take care of the eyes, especially as we are so long in front of the computer almost all day long.

The importance of eyes was described in Susruta Samhita, the well known treatise on Ayurveda and other ancient medical systems. It says "Sarvendriyanaam Nayanam Pradhanam. " Of all the body organs Eyes are the most important.

The importance of eyes was described in Susruta Samhita, the well known treatise on Ayurveda and other ancient medical systems. It says "Sarvendriyanaam Nayanam Pradhanam. " Of all the body organs Eyes are the most important.

And they are sensitive too. May be that's why they have a 'structure' where they can sit and that's why on many occasions the outer part of the eye can get hurt protecting this beautiful organ.

Thanks, I am taking all these plus avocados, except eggs which are different here from our local eggs although I have stopped even local eggs after bird flue spread.

Taking egg is not necessary. Drink carrots and red beat juice. Washing eyes with Triphla water is also useful.

Taking egg is not necessary. Drink carrots and red beat juice. Washing eyes with Triphla water is also useful.

Oh carrots are my favorite although too costly here beetroot is out of my reach as it is almost $10 a kg, but there are other items which are good for our eyes, available easily. Cherries and strawberries are a plenty and comparatively cheaper. Thanks for suggestion.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Oh carrots are my favorite although too costly here beetroot is out of my reach as it is almost $10 a kg, but there are other items which are good for our eyes, available easily. Cherries and strawberries are a plenty and comparatively cheaper. Thanks for suggestion.

Your present food habits are enough to keep your eyes in a healthy condition. Remember to use all those which are easily available to you in order to maintain consistency.

I guess you are in Australia, right? And carrots are so costly there, how come? That makes it more than Rs. 600 per KG. Indeed costly. But then you can always get the cheaper items, as you said.

I guess you are in Australia, right? And carrots are so costly there, how come? That makes it more than Rs. 600 per KG. Indeed costly. But then you can always get the cheaper items, as you said.

If not carrots, there are many alternatives that serve the purpose. But one thing you should bear it in mind that the things are available all along the year like Bananas. This factor will ensure a consistency which is more essential.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.