Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think every technology has positive and negative effect. This is also true in case of Internet. The merits are numerous but demerits are less. They can be avoided if we keep some privacy while sharing our confidential data..
Recent case in FB.. one girl committed suicide with her family after her friend used her identity and share some photos of her as she is prostitute. If she could have maintained some privacy by using the privacy settings maybe this wouldn't have happened.

True....there is rather a lack of awareness regarding usage of privacy settings and even if they do know about them, most people, especially young kids do not bother with them. They also need to be aware of the kind of photos and statuses they post online.

Exactly ! I see some people posting images of each and every thing that is happening in their lives - what they eat,wear,whom they meet, their relatives etc etc.,..If you are stupid to that extent it is likely that you fall prey to mischief makers who think that internet is a safe place giving them annonimity which is not the case at all... It is very ewasy to trace people now with all the modern technology !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: suni51
I think every technology has positive and negative effect. This is also true in case of Internet. The merits are numerous but demerits are less. They can be avoided if we keep some privacy while sharing our confidential data..
Recent case in FB.. one girl committed suicide with her family after her friend used her identity and share some photos of her as she is prostitute. If she could have maintained some privacy by using the privacy settings maybe this wouldn't have happened.

True....there is rather a lack of awareness regarding usage of privacy settings and even if they do know about them, most people, especially young kids do not bother with them. They also need to be aware of the kind of photos and statuses they post online.

Exactly ! I see some people posting images of each and every thing that is happening in their lives - what they eat,wear,whom they meet, their relatives etc etc.,..If you are stupid to that extent it is likely that you fall prey to mischief makers who think that internet is a safe place giving them annonimity which is not the case at all... It is very ewasy to trace people now with all the modern technology !
With GPS tagging of images, location tracing is always possible, there are many work around to avoid these, and people using internet should learn it from internet knowledge based articles.

http://mohanmekap.com/

With GPS tagging of images, location tracing is always possible, there are many work around to avoid these, and people using internet should learn it from internet knowledge based articles.

A very few can understand the intricacies of playing safe. Internet is both good and bad. Wisdom lies in knowing what is good and what is bad and act accordingly.

So true, some people use it as their personal diary with every possible detail. And when something goes wrong they never fail to blame someone else for that.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

So true, some people use it as their personal diary with every possible detail. And when something goes wrong they never fail to blame someone else for that.

From the day one, ever since i started using in mid 90s, i knew utmost care has to be taken while dealing with this open domain, A bit of caution will go a long way

I see some people even giving out their bank details, it may be to a friend and they may think that only friends will be able to see it.But on FB some have a few hundred friends many of them strangers and I find this act very stupid...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I see some people even giving out their bank details, it may be to a friend and they may think that only friends will be able to see it.But on FB some have a few hundred friends many of them strangers and I find this act very stupid...

And what about those close moments they spend with their partners and share them openly but in case the relations in between the pair go sour and one of the partners using them for defamation purpose.

Sharing something with too many friends on Facebook or otherwise amounts to publicity of your details. These are really no more secret. Whatever you do on internet is recorded by Google search.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Sharing something with too many friends on Facebook or otherwise amounts to publicity of your details. These are really no more secret.

Whatever you do on internet is recorded by Google search.

The number of "likes" and the number of friends have become device to measure the "Prestige" of a person now. That's the scenario we are living in.

Sharing something with too many friends on Facebook or otherwise amounts to publicity of your details. These are really no more secret. Whatever you do on internet is recorded by Google search.

And your friends and well wishers too know about your activities, some times we share some common things with all of them at the same time. Beyond that it is not safe.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.