Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Internet can be dangerous if self resistive rules are not propelled by individuals, otherwise there can be chances of eroding yours privacy information, data and also yours identity.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Over enthusiasm to get noticed and the overwhelming desire to be in the limelight is the reason for Internet being branded as dangerous.
[quote]Somewhere there is a link between the internet and the increased rate of crimes that are related to drugs and sex, that is my feeling ! People tend to give less importance to morality and self respect , as a result of which values are crumbling !

[quote]mohan manohar - Due to internet people are staying more hours with computer and more interested in virtual friends like that of Facebook and they tend to take decision without consulting elders who have the huge life experience to observe and identify a perfect person.

[quote] Kalyani - Your feeling is totally correct. Now because of easy connectivity with large groups due to various social networking sites, the young people are kept alert and aware about various parties and what is going to be served etc. and all in code languages which are quite innocent to understand for an adult. Some parties that were raided by police in recent times were such types whose invitations on Facebook were quite innocent but actually drugs of various types were being sold. Additionally a mother's intuition is also very important to realise that something wrong is happening with the child! [/quote]

No doubt that most of our life styles have undergone a change now in the past decade and we do spend a lot of time on the net.But I feel it is all the more reason to become more aware of what is happening around you rather than let others dictate terms to you and make decisions for you...
Kalyani, I too have seen such seemingly innocent posts which gets posted on FB , twitter and other social sites. As a mother I guess one is well aware of what is happening with your child. I remember when my children were growing up, I used to be perpetually busy because I had to take care of three very demanding kids lol...But all it took was a glance to tell me that there was something bothering one of them ! It is inbuilt in us so how can a mother neglect to the extent that a child goes completely astray ..t is really sad when such things happen ![/quote]

Exactly Usha! even my mum who had to take of us three kids could make out in a single glance if there was anything wrong with us. There was simply no hiding anything from her! But I see more and more women neglecting to understand what their kids are doing especially with respect to social networking sites, most of the time there attitude is like, its a new thing with the kids and everyone is doing it. Also, I have full faith in my child and he./she can do no wrong! These women do not even take efforts to understand what exactly FB or Twitter is all about! :blink:[/quote]

Having faith in your child is good since it gives them self confidence, but teenagers can easily get swayed due to peer pressure. I have seen some teenagers coming from good solid households going astray because of neglect by parents during crucial years and later when things get out of hand ,the parents tend to blame everything like FB, the internet and bad friends except themselves...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar
[quote]Somewhere there is a link between the internet and the increased rate of crimes that are related to drugs and sex, that is my feeling ! People tend to give less importance to morality and self respect , as a result of which values are crumbling !

[quote]mohan manohar - Due to internet people are staying more hours with computer and more interested in virtual friends like that of Facebook and they tend to take decision without consulting elders who have the huge life experience to observe and identify a perfect person.

[quote] Kalyani - Your feeling is totally correct. Now because of easy connectivity with large groups due to various social networking sites, the young people are kept alert and aware about various parties and what is going to be served etc. and all in code languages which are quite innocent to understand for an adult. Some parties that were raided by police in recent times were such types whose invitations on Facebook were quite innocent but actually drugs of various types were being sold. Additionally a mother's intuition is also very important to realise that something wrong is happening with the child!

No doubt that most of our life styles have undergone a change now in the past decade and we do spend a lot of time on the net.But I feel it is all the more reason to become more aware of what is happening around you rather than let others dictate terms to you and make decisions for you...
Kalyani, I too have seen such seemingly innocent posts which gets posted on FB , twitter and other social sites. As a mother I guess one is well aware of what is happening with your child. I remember when my children were growing up, I used to be perpetually busy because I had to take care of three very demanding kids lol...But all it took was a glance to tell me that there was something bothering one of them ! It is inbuilt in us so how can a mother neglect to the extent that a child goes completely astray ..t is really sad when such things happen ![/quote]

Exactly Usha! even my mum who had to take of us three kids could make out in a single glance if there was anything wrong with us. There was simply no hiding anything from her! But I see more and more women neglecting to understand what their kids are doing especially with respect to social networking sites, most of the time there attitude is like, its a new thing with the kids and everyone is doing it. Also, I have full faith in my child and he./she can do no wrong! These women do not even take efforts to understand what exactly FB or Twitter is all about! :blink:[/quote]

Having faith in your child is good since it gives them self confidence, but teenagers can easily get swayed due to peer pressure. I have seen some teenagers coming from good solid households going astray because of neglect by parents during crucial years and later when things get out of hand ,the parents tend to blame everything like FB, the internet and bad friends except themselves...[/quote] Abs true, it is all parents guidance that make or break the child, parents can blame FB or other social media but all these needs to be monitored.

[quote] Kalyani - Your feeling is totally correct. Now because of easy connectivity with large groups due to various social networking sites, the young people are kept alert and aware about various parties and what is going to be served etc. and all in code languages which are quite innocent to understand for an adult. Some parties that were raided by police in recent times were such types whose invitations on Facebook were quite innocent but actually drugs of various types were being sold. Additionally a mother's intuition is also very important to realise that something wrong is happening with the child!

Kalyani, I too have seen such seemingly innocent posts which gets posted on FB , twitter and other social sites. As a mother I guess one is well aware of what is happening with your child. I remember when my children were growing up, I used to be perpetually busy because I had to take care of three very demanding kids lol...But all it took was a glance to tell me that there was something bothering one of them ! It is inbuilt in us so how can a mother neglect to the extent that a child goes completely astray ..t is really sad when such things happen !

Having faith in your child is good since it gives them self confidence, but teenagers can easily get swayed due to peer pressure. I have seen some teenagers coming from good solid households going astray because of neglect by parents during crucial years and later when things get out of hand ,the parents tend to blame everything like FB, the internet and bad friends except themselves...[/quote] Abs true, it is all parents guidance that make or break the child, parents can blame FB or other social media but all these needs to be monitored.[/quote]

When the parents fail to keep a watch on their offspring they will blame all and everything. But they never attribute the reason for their child's plight to their wrong parentage. They refuse to see in to themselves to find out the reason for their child's wrong behaviour.
Well, it is already become to risky thing to share all the stuff. So better stay alert.

You simply can't stay away from search engines and satellite cameras. The Google is busy mapping every inch and loading it on internet. In advanced countries, if you provide your house number then they can even watch you moving in your home. They have even formulated ways to drive without a driver on a combined technology that works on sensors and satellite cameras. For instance if you give you my house number, you can see my house with detail on google map in real time mode.

Yes everything will become computerised in the world. Hence the criminals will use gadgets to do crimes. Internet will be their main weapon to perform crime. Science has both positive as well as negative aspects. Therefore positive aspect will check the negative one.
That is why the concept of parental control pops up and in this way, it is always important to watch the warning signs of child's behavior and from there you can find the trace of something wrong. :whistle:

Kalyani, I too have seen such seemingly innocent posts which gets posted on FB , twitter and other social sites. As a mother I guess one is well aware of what is happening with your child. I remember when my children were growing up, I used to be perpetually busy because I had to take care of three very demanding kids lol...But all it took was a glance to tell me that there was something bothering one of them ! It is inbuilt in us so how can a mother neglect to the extent that a child goes completely astray ..t is really sad when such things happen !

Exactly Usha! even my mum who had to take of us three kids could make out in a single glance if there was anything wrong with us. There was simply no hiding anything from her! But I see more and more women neglecting to understand what their kids are doing especially with respect to social networking sites, most of the time there attitude is like, its a new thing with the kids and everyone is doing it. Also, I have full faith in my child and he./she can do no wrong! These women do not even take efforts to understand what exactly FB or Twitter is all about! :blink:

Having faith in your child is good since it gives them self confidence, but teenagers can easily get swayed due to peer pressure. I have seen some teenagers coming from good solid households going astray because of neglect by parents during crucial years and later when things get out of hand ,the parents tend to blame everything like FB, the internet and bad friends except themselves...[/quote] Abs true, it is all parents guidance that make or break the child, parents can blame FB or other social media but all these needs to be monitored.[/quote]

When the parents fail to keep a watch on their offspring they will blame all and everything. But they never attribute the reason for their child's plight to their wrong parentage. They refuse to see in to themselves to find out the reason for their child's wrong behaviour.[/quote]

This is a million dollar question - On the one hand we want equality of the sexes where we expect the husband and wife to work in responsible posts and earn a good salary and on the other hand blame the woman when things go wrong with the children. This is a unique problem faced by most couple , more so among working couple ! They tend to juggle too many things within the limited time and the children are the sufferers because the parents dont have much time to spend with them....It is a very sad state of affairs! With the families turning nuclear it is all the more so...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There are many tools with which working parents can control basic interne habits of children from the office as there are many parental control and other measures through which parents can observe basic browsing habits from office.

Exactly Usha! even my mum who had to take of us three kids could make out in a single glance if there was anything wrong with us. There was simply no hiding anything from her! But I see more and more women neglecting to understand what their kids are doing especially with respect to social networking sites, most of the time there attitude is like, its a new thing with the kids and everyone is doing it. Also, I have full faith in my child and he./she can do no wrong! These women do not even take efforts to understand what exactly FB or Twitter is all about! :blink:

Having faith in your child is good since it gives them self confidence, but teenagers can easily get swayed due to peer pressure. I have seen some teenagers coming from good solid households going astray because of neglect by parents during crucial years and later when things get out of hand ,the parents tend to blame everything like FB, the internet and bad friends except themselves...
Abs true, it is all parents guidance that make or break the child, parents can blame FB or other social media but all these needs to be monitored.[/quote]

When the parents fail to keep a watch on their offspring they will blame all and everything. But they never attribute the reason for their child's plight to their wrong parentage. They refuse to see in to themselves to find out the reason for their child's wrong behaviour.[/quote]

This is a million dollar question - On the one hand we want equality of the sexes where we expect the husband and wife to work in responsible posts and earn a good salary and on the other hand blame the woman when things go wrong with the children. This is a unique problem faced by most couple , more so among working couple ! They tend to juggle too many things within the limited time and the children are the sufferers because the parents dont have much time to spend with them....It is a very sad state of affairs! With the families turning nuclear it is all the more so...[/quote]

There are many tools with which working parents can control basic interne habits of children from the office as there are many parental control and other measures through which parents can observe basic browsing habits from office.

Abs true, it is all parents guidance that make or break the child, parents can blame FB or other social media but all these needs to be monitored.

This is a million dollar question - On the one hand we want equality of the sexes where we expect the husband and wife to work in responsible posts and earn a good salary and on the other hand blame the woman when things go wrong with the children. This is a unique problem faced by most couple , more so among working couple ! They tend to juggle too many things within the limited time and the children are the sufferers because the parents dont have much time to spend with them....It is a very sad state of affairs! With the families turning nuclear it is all the more so...[/quote][/quote]

When I said "Parents ", i meant both husband and wife. Its the collective responsibility.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.