Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think their are number of ways to entertain us. We should do everything which can make us happy except to harm others. This could give real happiness of our soul.

It is not just by entertaining ourselves that we can be happy, but by helping others too in their times of need brings us immense satisfaction and happiness. Of curse, it depends on person to person as to what makes each one happy!

Many people don't understand the true motive behind help. The word "Help" makes them feel embarrass.
It is better to work for family and itself. If our family is happy, we are happy. If our mind and body is healthy, our soul is happy. This is a fact. Every human being on the earth love itself more than anything else. We prefer to help those people whom we like or love. Very few people are angles. They live for others who are strangers just like Mother Teresa.

Mother Teresa or Baba Amte or Sunderlal Bahuguna to name a few are humans like us. And they lived to help the society. They derived happiness from helping others, And many such souls are there who preferred to remain anonymous.
The key is to live to help others within the limits of their own as much as possible. Its the real source of happiness.
A postive person is a happy person.One cannot be happy and smiling all the time but as long as one is able to handle all stressful situations in life with maturity one will remain happy most of the time. Some people get stressed for the silliest of reasons and end up with ulcers :unsure:
Some real points, here thanks, positive people who can address and handle stress related issues with ease and can overcome those, with ease, absolutely that person can become the most happiest person in the world.

Positivity comes with an attitude of equanimity, taking the victory and defeat alike, And the belief, that "There is a tomorrow always."

Yes thats true, We cannot always win and this is a fact of life everyone, so once you realise and accept that you win some and lose some, it becomes that much easier to cope with failures and remain content with what we have ! I doubt if there is anyone in this world who has never had any stress,failure or unhappiness !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Happy peoples do not see news channels and daily soaps in television as these consists of artificial sensational news as well as fake actions and dramas. :P :P

True...if one is satisfied with himself, he has a purpose and a direction and is working hard for it, he will automatically become happy without feeling the need to artificial entertainment such as daily soaps that are only more stressful than entertaining!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Happy peoples do not see news channels and daily soaps in television as these consists of artificial sensational news as well as fake actions and dramas. :P :P

True...if one is satisfied with himself, he has a purpose and a direction and is working hard for it, he will automatically become happy without feeling the need to artificial entertainment such as daily soaps that are only more stressful than entertaining!

But in some cases you watch because of different reasons like in my case now I have got Hooked on to the TV since I dont want to miss two programs - one is Mahabharat showing on star plus and another is Poirot on Z cafe :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

But in some cases you watch because of different reasons like in my case now I have got Hooked on to the TV since I dont want to miss two programs - one is Mahabharat showing on star plus and another is Poirot on Z cafe :cheer:

That's right Usha, I should have made myself more clear. Watching shows for entertainment sake and to relax is okay, I too like to watch certain shows such as Castle, The Big Bang Theory etc. But not doing anything else to really feed your mind and soul will not make any one happy by watching such shows. I would like to cite an example of an elderly lady in our apartments, she is a diabetic, retired person and lost her husband 3 years ago. Now she has a very caring family who looks after all of her needs, but she does not do anything on her own to keep herself happy. Many have told her to get out of her home, go for walks, mix with other people, but she refuses to step out only except for some chores. She watches these tearjerkers the entire day and every now and then lapses into grief for her husband. She does not even try to recover from that! :blink:

That's right Usha, I should have made myself more clear. Watching shows for entertainment sake and to relax is okay, I too like to watch certain shows such as Castle, The Big Bang Theory etc. But not doing anything else to really feed your mind and soul will not make any one happy by watching such shows. I would like to cite an example of an elderly lady in our apartments, she is a diabetic, retired person and lost her husband 3 years ago. Now she has a very caring family who looks after all of her needs, but she does not do anything on her own to keep herself happy. Many have told her to get out of her home, go for walks, mix with other people, but she refuses to step out only except for some chores. She watches these tearjerkers the entire day and every now and then lapses into grief for her husband. She does not even try to recover from that! :blink:

Thats really bad ! My mother too likes to watch TV but she has fixed times and qite deisciplined about it ,remains active all through the day contributing i whatever manner she can...The more active you are the more positive you become.Many old people fail to realise this simple fact. Unless they go out of the house even for a few minutes they will not enjoy the outside world and that way watching Tv continuously is really bad for our mental health as well as physical...

Thats really bad ! My mother too likes to watch TV but she has fixed times and qite deisciplined about it ,remains active all through the day contributing i whatever manner she can...The more active you are the more positive you become.Many old people fail to realise this simple fact. Unless they go out of the house even for a few minutes they will not enjoy the outside world and that way watching Tv continuously is really bad for our mental health as well as physical...

Exactly..and for such emotionally fragile women, the TV acts as even more depressant! One of my friends too always has this problem with her mother who wants to watch TV constantly! They are often at loggerheads with each other over it, the result is the mother is always weepy and complaining and bitter, while my friend gets pulled in all directions, with her additional responsibilities at home and office!

A postive person is a happy person.One cannot be happy and smiling all the time but as long as one is able to handle all stressful situations in life with maturity one will remain happy most of the time. Some people get stressed for the silliest of reasons and end up with ulcers :unsure:
Some real points, here thanks, positive people who can address and handle stress related issues with ease and can overcome those, with ease, absolutely that person can become the most happiest person in the world.

Positivity comes with an attitude of equanimity, taking the victory and defeat alike, And the belief, that "There is a tomorrow always."
and there is light at the end of tunnel. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Daily soaps gives wicked ideas to housewives. They becomes expertise in harassing their husbands, in-laws and friends.

Daily soaps gives wicked ideas to housewives. They becomes expertise in harassing their husbands, in-laws and friends.

LOL......If housewives are stupid enough to follow the daily soaps noone can help them ! It shows their level of maturity and nothing else because one can seee how shallow all those daily soaps are !

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.