Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes sir. I agree with you. I'm doing Yoga since many years and i never chanted Mantras . But I reaped the benefits of Yoga. I never viewed Yoga as a religious therapy. As you said it is also necessary and honor the Muslim Point of view on Yoga.

This is what the political discourse going on in India, though world is prepared to associate themselves with Yoga as UN soon will announce international yoga day, what a pity, the origination nation is still divided by political thoughts. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

That is the pity. Yoga where it was born has least regard.

rambabu wrote:

That is the pity. Yoga where it was born has least regard.

Why pity. There s always some difference of opinion on whatever you propose. You can't expect every one to agree to what you propoese. Those who differ have their own way. This is no issue.  Moreover it is not necessary that the whole world will follow anything for which UNO fixes a date.  There is international day for almost everything-  kiss day, hug day, chockolate date and what not? So there is one more day- International Yoga day.  It is no use blowing this out of all proportion. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It is not the question of The UN Resolution. Well before this UN resolution Many scientific explorations and studies were carried out and proved that Yoga has a cure for every ailment.

No sir I 'm not saying that everybody should agree with me. I know opinions vary. But what I want to impress is that scientific proofs should not be brushed aside.

I agree to Gulshanji's point of view, Yoga is definitely partly related to Hinduism, but since there are some good virtues attach with it one should think of joining it, though it is always personal matter. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes. I agree with you. It's a personal matter. I have been an ardent practitioner of Yoga since years. Out of my personal experience I expressed my views.

Yoga is definitely a wonderful system of practice that makes us healthy, both physically and mentally, and relieves us from many serious diseases. But having its roots in ancient Hindu culture, it has got a religious flavor and is subject to criticism. It is true that every individual has his own views. I hope every individual should come out with his own religion; so that there will be 7 billion religions in this planet!

Absolutely. If there is a good thing from any source, pick it irrespective of religion. Even if there is a religious flavor in Yoga, it did not preach to practice Hinduism or brag that Hinduism is the best. Yoga is a simple therapeutic  science.

Yoga is good everywhere. It helps to take control and give flexibility to body and mind.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.