Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:
rambabu wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

In due course more actors and actresses will enter Bollywood from western countries. This is because of globalisation and Indian love for fair skin. I don't think any African girl will make it to Bollywood.

Yes it right that any actress from African countries never success in India, but it is also fact that we like fair skin but not white skin.

Priyanka Chopra, SmitaPatil are but two examples for Dark skinned, yet successful actresses in Bollywood.

Would you call them black? We are talking of black skin color.

In the Indian context, Dark skinned means black complexion, Yes. If you mean a Nigger, then it is not.

It is right that Samita Patil was of dark complexion but I am listening first time from you that Priyanka is of dark complexion. It early days Rekha and Hema Malini also had dark complexion.

Please refrain from making such racist and contemptuous comments about others ...

nigger
ˈnɪɡə/
noun
offensive
  1. a contemptuous term for a black person.

usha manohar wrote:

Barring a couple of ladies I am not familiar with other actresses on the list, however I can add a few old actresses who were not Indian..

First would be the great Madhubala , who was from Afghanistan and Nadira , who was a Jewess from Israel and several who were from mixed parentage..

Nadira performed only in one film as heroin, AAN, she is a character artist. It is right that birth place of Madhu Bala is Afganistan but look of Pakistanies, Afganistanies and Nepalis are like Indian. Famous actress Mala Sinha and Manisha Koirala is also Nepali.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Barring a couple of ladies I am not familiar with other actresses on the list, however I can add a few old actresses who were not Indian..

First would be the great Madhubala , who was from Afghanistan and Nadira , who was a Jewess from Israel and several who were from mixed parentage..

Nadira performed only in one film as heroin, AAN, she is a character artist. It is right that birth place of Madhu Bala is Afganistan but look of Pakistanies, Afganistanies and Nepalis are like Indian. Famous actress Mala Sinha and Manisha Koirala is also Nepali.

Actress Faryal who acted as a vamp in many films but did a couple films like Pushpanjali and Biradari as the leading lady , was from Syria ! Actress Fearless Nadia was an Australian..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

So, we have come up with a number of actresses who are non-Indians but definitely, made a mark for themselves in Bollywood through their acting talent. Yesteryear's heroines Madhubala, Mala Sinha, Nadira are all unforgettable names of Hindi cinema. Even Monisha Koirala has also made an impact through her performance.

shampasaid

We have seen Foreigners making a mark in Bollywood. Similarly many Indian actors like OmPuri has been a part of many Hollywood films like City of Joy, My Son the Fanatic, East is East etc. Similarly Naseeruddin Shah, AmrishPuri made a show case of their talents in Hollywood..

Nothing is new.

well if we are discussing about the foreigners who had made a remarkable footstep in this bollywood industry then we cannot stop ourselves from taking katrina kaif name because i think the trend of outsider actress stated from her 

bhuyali saroj

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

There are, lesser known Actors of foreign origin who acted in Bollywood Movies. For example, Barbara Mori from Mexico, who was paired with Hrithic Roshan in Anuraag Basu's kites. Sylvestor Stallone is another Foreign Actor who has done a cameo in the Movie Kambakkht Ishq starring Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor.

We can see the good performances of foreign actors and actresses not only in Bollywood but also in other woods like kollywood, mollywood, sandalwood, tollywood and all other woods. It is based on the story of the film. If a film want a foreign actor or actress in a particular role, we need to find out a suitable actor or actress from foreign countries.  

Which is why irrespective of Hollywood, or Bollywood, a Movie maker or the Director go to any length to find out a suitable actor. Here the criteria is quality of an actor in Histrionics.

usha manohar wrote:

You learn something everyday...I've covered the movie industry for years, but I never thought of Madhubala as Afghan. i remember an old illustrated weekly article mentioning that she began her career in Chennai. I couldn't find that on Wiki though. Anyway I thought of her as native Indian. 

Today I'm going to be the person walking around with a hammer to break someone's heart with, because its Valentine's Day

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.