Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
anil wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
Jincy Aby wrote:

The education and job should be on the basis of merit and not on the basis of caste. Otherwise, talented and capable people cannot reach in deserved positions. Government should take action to stop such unnecessary practices from this society. 

Government will not do anything and as a matter of fact they have perpetuated caste reservation for ever. How government will do anything. Our so called reformers like Gandhi and Vivekanada also backed the caste system. So the only hope is a revolution

Like 'green revolution' and 'red revolution, we need to start a 'merit revolution' to stop the reservation system of the government for the scheduled castes. Otherwise, our country won't have any development. India needs people for growth and development. Can we progress, if the government recruit undeserved candidate from the scheduled cast for a particular position?

What you think merit revolution is possible in our country. Here PG and Ph.d are applying for office assistant jobs.

Goes to show how useless our degrees have become...get a seat through reservation and scraping through a degree does not make for quality, I guess such PHDs and PGs are fit for the jobs they are applying for !

No doubt that value of degree decline in these days, but all degrees are not alike. It is not possible for all students to secure 90% in exams. Average students are not getting job because of reservation. More than 50% seats are reserved but any candidate from reserve class secure marks equal to general catigory than he/she is selected in general catageory, mean less seats available for general class candidates.

Degree and the overall value of education lost value long ago. These are the times, when every degree can be purchased for a price. On the top of all RESERVATIONS. Now one can imagine, where and Why the Merit has gone and disappeared in to oblivion.

In a way, the poor economic conditions and reservations are a spin off because of the massive population and lack of resources. I wonder if anybody as thought how population is negating the benefits of economic progress and poverty is rampant, with paucity of jobs. So every body wants reservation.  Bring the population under control and everything will be better. In that respect Sanjay Gandhi was a visionary

I agree. Malthusian Theory of Population says, when the Demand is more and Supply is less, upsets are bound to happen. Presently, this condition is prevailing in India. Population control is the need of the hour. In this respect, I must admit, Sanjay Gandhi is right. But his approach was wrong.

rambabu wrote:

I agree. Malthusian Theory of Population says, when the Demand is more and Supply is less, upsets are bound to happen. Presently, this condition is prevailing in India. Population control is the need of the hour. In this respect, I must admit, Sanjay Gandhi is right. But his approach was wrong.

Good point brought out. I wonder why people cannot  implement Sanjay's policy in a more humane way. Controlling population is need of hour.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Good point brought out. I wonder why people cannot  implement Sanjay's policy in a more humane way. Controlling population is need of hour.

People should realize the  gravity of the situation.They should be educated, how limited families  help them and the country. Though , in Urban and rural regions, now a days people are adopting Family planning methods, still the country is unable to reduce the gap between demand and supply as far as the resources of the country are concerned. Much has to be done in this regard both by the people and the Government..Only then the country becomes Self sufficient.

If everybody gets food to eat and shelter to live , the necessity of Reservations will not arise.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Malthus theory also said to nature is capable in controlling population.

anil wrote:
MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Malthus theory also said to nature is capable in controlling population.

Yes, through Natural calamities, famines, nature controls population.

Malthus theory is a faulty theory as it did not take into account the inventive nature of humans to come out with technologies and products to ensure survival of increasing populations. Today natural calamities like cyclone, floods are predictable and human lives are saved before they occur. Please do not propound a discarded theory.

Could Hudhud or Earth quakes be predicted ? Malthusian theory relevant for all times.

rambabu wrote:

Could Hudhud or Earth quakes be predicted ? Malthusian theory relevant for all times.

Yes I am agree with you, it nature and any development in technique can't stop it.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.