It may seem a simple question. But it is not the case.
In Kerala, Hindus calculate their birthday every year, the same way we calculate Srikrishna Jayanthi or Mahasivarathri.
i.e. each year, our birthday differs and most probable times, it will never be on our date of birth.
We calculate our birthday on the basis of Malayalam calender and born star. What about you?

How do you calculate your birthday every year...Is it just your date of birth?

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Birthday is on specific date only. It depends on you which calendar you use. Normally we use the christian calendar. If you use some other calendar, the date of birth will be same every year in that calendar though this will differ from Christian calendar. The reason is that you are converting one calendar date to another. My date of birth falls on 20-3-1946 in Christian calendar and I am not aware of other calendars.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes I also use christian calender to know my date of birth I don't know about other calenders.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

You can see Sivarathri, Navarathri or Janmashtami not comes on the same day, every year, because it is calculated according to stars.
Let me take Sri krishna jayanthi.
According to Hindu mythology, Krishna was born on first month of Indian calender......(We call chingam.......Every year, it will be on August 17,it is not changing). Krishna was born on Rohini star (one among 28 stars). Each day of Malayalam/Hindi calender will have a star. Since there are only 28 stars, but 30 or 31 days, 2 or 3 stars repeat every month.
Since Krishna was born on Rohini star of Chingam, every year, Krishna Jayanthi is celebrated on rohini star day in the month of Chingam.
I have found, the whole India celebrates that event same day or by just one day difference.
Thiruvonam is the birth star of Shiva......I now looked calender...yesterday was thiruvonam....So, I doubt whether, it was his birthday.

My girl is born on Thiruvonam star of 3rd month...(thulaam). Though her DOB is October 20, we celebrate her birthday only on the month of thulaam, which has thiruvonam star.
In some cases, our star repeats in the same month. If so, second day of the same month is taken into account for celebrating birthday.

Do you have any doubts?
I can add many things more.....of course
Vinod, how do you calculate your birthday? I think, the same way. Let him reply

Meera sandhu
But I don't know about this in my place we will celebrate according to christian calender only.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

I think I can write an article about it :woohoo:
So, Sasi, you don't know your star? :woohoo: :woohoo:
Here we predict everything, even our match, character, future according to our star. There are only 28. Why can't you remember your one?

I am saying truth, our character very much influenced by our star.

Meera sandhu
In this year 2012 everyone will celebrate his or her birthday on the day of birth.
In this year 2012 everyone will celebrate his or her birthday on the day of birth.

Why so?
Can you explain?
Actually, I am interested in stars and horoscope. Whenever I hear a child's birth, I search the calender for his/her birth star. I really want this thread to go on as a good fun.
If you people, tell me your correct date of birth with correct time, surely I can tell you something about your star, character and future prediction.
Also, which will be your birthday according to Hindu calender, as we celebrate Onam, Vishu, Sivarathri, Navarathri, Janmashtami etc.
Friends, please come forward

Meera sandhu
Sandhya, You are correct. Birthday differ from each calendar. Here i too celebrate my birthday 2 times once in a year:) one according to tamil month and another according to english. But i didnt have much interest about stars. So i wont see stars. But my parents will celebrate based on stars only. Some times they will celebrate my birthday twice on the same month:)

Vinu
Sandhya, You are correct. Birthday differ from each calendar. Here i too celebrate my birthday 2 times once in a year:) one according to tamil month and another according to english. But i didnt have much interest about stars. So i wont see stars. But my parents will celebrate based on stars only. Some times they will celebrate my birthday twice on the same month:)

Correct!!!!!
That's what I told you people. So this calender is followed by both Keralites and Tamilians. Right?
Sasi said no.....So, not applicable for all South Indian states.

Actually kanna,
Tamil calender and Malayalam calender are same......everyday in the calender is marked by a star. Am I right?

Me celebrate my birthday both these days as him.....ha ha

Meera sandhu
According to Indian calendars which are calculated on the basis of Moon, the dates vary from that of based on Christ based calendar, therefore we who celebrate tem according to Indian Tithi basis do it on different dates than their Birth date according to English Calendar.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.