The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Can you tell me how its kajal is made?

I don't know many of us know about Nithyakalyani Flower which is found mostly in lavander colour. I have attached some of the photos for you. Let me know know your view on these.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8973]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8974]}

Wow beautiful flowers! Why don't these women don't put flowers.

www.hashtutorials.weebly.com
Flowers give their fragrance and beauty to the women. By this women look beautiful. These women are going for the new trend and changing their hair cuts. By this they are loosing their natural beauty.

www.hashtutorials.weebly.com
Can you tell me how its kajal is made?

I don't know many of us know about Nithyakalyani Flower which is found mostly in lavander colour. I have attached some of the photos for you. Let me know know your view on these.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8974]}

Yes that's Periwinkle also found in white color, the white color flowers are used as remedy for diabetes.

I'm happy to know that hybrid varities are at your place Kalyani Madam. May I know where you are from? Can you get me some plants?

Nowadays you get them many more colors kalyani like light pink,dark magenta and also maroon..We call it sada pushpa which means flowering all through the year..

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 8975]}

Yes we get those new hybrid ones too here! I think Tulu is quite similar to Marathi, we call these flowers 'sadaphuli' meaning the same thing, flowering through out the year!! :) Although medicinally, the traditionally only pink and white varieties are used.

Robert, I am from Pune, Maharashtra!! :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani, we have a lot of Konkani speaking people in Mangalore and I am told that it is very similar to Marathi, and a lot o words find their way from konkani to tulu and vice versa...I agree that only the original breed is used for medication,The leaves are very bitter and according to my uncle who is diabetic, he has been advised to eat 6-7 fresh leaves of this plant every day ....[/quote]

That's correct Usha, Konkani originated in coastal Maharashtra and therefore may be derived from Marathi hence very similar!
You know what, I recently read somewhere that white sadaphuli is used to help lose weight, just chew about 11 flowers with stalks in the morning, and 11 in the night!

[quote]Kalyani, we have a lot of Konkani speaking people in Mangalore and I am told that it is very similar to Marathi, and a lot o words find their way from konkani to tulu and vice versa...I agree that only the original breed is used for medication,The leaves are very bitter and according to my uncle who is diabetic, he has been advised to eat 6-7 fresh leaves of this plant every day ....

That's correct Usha, Konkani originated in coastal Maharashtra and therefore may be derived from Marathi hence very similar!
You know what, I recently read somewhere that white sadaphuli is used to help lose weight, just chew about 11 flowers with stalks in the morning, and 11 in the night![/quote]

Thats great news ! I must try this since I have both pink and white variety at home.It is probably because after chewing the leaves or the flowers they leave a very bitter taste in our mouth and for a long time it lingers and we tend to drink ore water as well just to drown the taste...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Congratulation to all revenue share winner, This time high rate given,this also will encourage all to participate more in forum.

High rate definitely motivates high number of Boddunan family members to aim high. Hope it is clear.

Some women love having lengthy flowers upto the length of their hair. I do not know whether now women like this or not.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
Not necessarily. Flowers are adornments. Women wear them for beauty enhancement and for the fragrance. Now this habit is prevalent in all women irrespective of the region. May be that some women prefer to wear as a bunch, where as some like to wear single flowers especially bigger flowers.
Not necessarily. Flowers are adornments. Women wear them for beauty enhancement and for the fragrance. Now this habit is prevalent in all women irrespective of the region. May be that some women prefer to wear as a bunch, where as some like to wear single flowers especially bigger flowers.

Rambabu, which do you like most, bunch or single flower?

[quote]Kalyani, we have a lot of Konkani speaking people in Mangalore and I am told that it is very similar to Marathi, and a lot o words find their way from konkani to tulu and vice versa...I agree that only the original breed is used for medication,The leaves are very bitter and according to my uncle who is diabetic, he has been advised to eat 6-7 fresh leaves of this plant every day ....

You know what, I recently read somewhere that white sadaphuli is used to help lose weight, just chew about 11 flowers with stalks in the morning, and 11 in the night!

Thats great news ! I must try this since I have both pink and white variety at home.It is probably because after chewing the leaves or the flowers they leave a very bitter taste in our mouth and for a long time it lingers and we tend to drink ore water as well just to drown the taste...[/quote]

Yes, although they are quite bitter I have had heard from people saying it works, although I have not yet tried it since I don't have room now for another new plant!!
white-rose1.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
white-rose-2.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
white-rose-3.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)

Thats great news ! I must try this since I have both pink and white variety at home.It is probably because after chewing the leaves or the flowers they leave a very bitter taste in our mouth and for a long time it lingers and we tend to drink ore water as well just to drown the taste...

Yes, although they are quite bitter I have had heard from people saying it works, although I have not yet tried it since I don't have room now for another new plant!![/quote]

I Love rose flowers. Among roses, I like white roses much than that of other colours/
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9022]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9023]}

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9024]}

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.