Articles are an important activity on site. Category is a very significant part of article. The guests and others select their material of interest by going through category according to their interest. so, if an article is in wrong category, the very purpose of making category gets defeated. some times, an article could be classified in more than one category. In such case, the category that is most relevant should be selected. Possibly, an author may select a particular category for participation in contest. But this is not proper. It will be better to write topic in the appropriate category instead of mentioning wrong category. To elucidate, an artcile on an artist, viz. Magician Sarkar, cannot be considered as an article on magic. An article of a film star can not be considered as an article on movies/ film art.

I request all to write most appropriate category for their article.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I totally concur with Gulshan on this. Please stick to the category as is relevant to the subject and the content of the article.

Also, I have seen a single article on cooking been submitted to Healing and performing arts which is totally wrong. This is only an example.

For more clarity on Healing Arts, I am giving a definition of it here for your reference:

A healing method without the use of drugs that primarily relies on the transference and/or manipulation of energy for beneficial effects on one’s body, mind and spirit.

This is a branch of medicine and any one who practises some kind of healing based only on religious beliefs and faiths will NOT BE CONSIDERED under Healing arts category!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
actually, am a bit confused with new categories.most recently, one of my submitted articles was rejected for this reason.
now, a lot of categories. i feel, a few of submitted articles can be placed in more than one category.
for example, there is already a category, Home development and improvement. i feel, many articles belonging to a newly added category, interior design and decor can be placed under this category as well. yet, am placing such articles under new category for the contest.

Meera sandhu
actually, am a bit confused with new categories.most recently, one of my submitted articles was rejected for this reason.
now, a lot of categories. i feel, a few of submitted articles can be placed in more than one category.
for example, there is already a category, Home development and improvement. i feel, many articles belonging to a newly added category, interior design and decor can be placed under this category as well. yet, am placing such articles under new category for the contest.

Home development and improvement- and 'interior decoration- may be identical. But if you write on the life sketch of an architect or an interior designer, this will not be acceptable. To elucidate further, an article on Mahatma Gandhi cannot be characterized as an article on 'non violence'.

Articles are an important activity on site. Category is a very significant part of article. The guests and others select their material of interest by going through category according to their interest. so, if an article is in wrong category, the very purpose of making category gets defeated. some times, an article could be classified in more than one category. In such case, the category that is most relevant should be selected. Possibly, an author may select a particular category for participation in contest. But this is not proper. It will be better to write topic in the appropriate category instead of mentioning wrong category. To elucidate, an artcile on an artist, viz. Magician Sarkar, cannot be considered as an article on magic. An article of a film star can not be considered as an article on movies/ film art.

I request all to write most appropriate category for their article.

I agree in fact I posted one in wrong category twice, but that was not for wrong intention as I thought it was healing art, hat's what i thought. But while some one suggested me that was wrong I changed it , later I found that that too was not appropriate so I changed it again. As far participation is concerned I can do it without having to put my articles in wrong category as only 10 articles are required and so much time available. Thanks. I have posted it again and in a different category. However this experience made me learn a new technique of placing photos in right places.Thanks a lot.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I totally agree with you here. Proper selection of category is important, this will help readers to find particular articles more easily.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Home development and improvement- and 'interior decoration- may be identical. But if you write on the life sketch of an architect or an interior designer, this will not be acceptable. To elucidate further, an article on Mahatma Gandhi cannot be characterized as an article on 'non violence'.

Please clarify me the following : While writing on non - violence, can I give an example of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and writing something about them, how theyt stuck to the principles of Non- violence.?

Main category is Art and Design- Sub category is Visual arts. Can I write briefly about say four or five visual art branches like water colour, Pen and ink, oil colours painting etc.?

Main category is Art and design - Sub category is performing arts - Can I write on 'Kuchipudi?

I agree the words of Gulshan ji it is better to write in a correct category so that reader will be easy to find.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

This is very clear to all of us.This is agreeable to me also.but now before posting we must be careful about the category we choose.

Sharmistha Banerjee

Please clarify me the following : While writing on non - violence, can I give an example of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King and writing something about them, how theyt stuck to the principles of Non- violence.?

Main category is Art and Design- Sub category is Visual arts. Can I write briefly about say four or five visual art branches like water colour, Pen and ink, oil colours painting etc.?

Main category is Art and design - Sub category is performing arts - Can I write on 'Kuchipudi?

There is no difficult with any category if the material conforms to that. Giving views and quotations of relevant person in support of your contents is also okay. The stress should be on the subject matter and not on individual. As I wrote elsewhere, an article on Picasso is not an article on painting. But while writing fine points of painting, there is nothing wrong in referring to Picasso or any other painter.

yes, of course.
yesterday my article on Chakyar kooth was published. am going to write another one.

i have submitted one article on renovation of old homes/rooms under interior design and decor. now am a bit confused if it come under home development and improvement or interior design or decor :blink:

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.