Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Can we upload images above 100KB size? :unsure:
Let me name one by one

B) B) B) Lo! I come with Kerala Treat! B) B) B) B)

For Robert, Sarala, Mary, Chinmoyji,Ram Babu sir,Sasi, Gulshanji, Sunil, Ram Prosad, Kalyani, Usha ji and our Sandhya

Treats!!!!

Appam and Idiyappam(similar to noodles :P ). Both made from rice flour.
white curry is mixed vegetable stoo....my hubby's hot favourite :cheer: . The other one is egg roast...In Malayalam Mutta curry. (Mutta - eggs). Thrissur people say 'Motta' meaning 'Bald head' in Malayalam dictionary :woohoo:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9759]}

Again Appam with vegetable stoo....coconut milk gives that white colour

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9760]}

wow....Ragi Putt and Pappadam :woohoo: (Steam cake and Pappad) Steam cake is made from rice flour, but not finely powdered. when a little ragi is added, colour changes from white to brown. Swetha you missed boiled green gram with pappad and putt. Banana is also amazing combination of putt. I think the other one is egg roast.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9761]}

Again putt and pappadam. I think it's beef fry :silly:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9762]}

Dosa, Chammanthi podi, sambar, white chutney and green chutney

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9763]}

Iddli with same side dishes

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9764]}
Idiyappam and stoo..... you can see that idiyappam maker near, that's used for making those thread shaped idiyappam from rice flour, adding enough water

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9765]}

Now, last but not the least...typical kerala sadya though a few items missing :S
am seeing three pickles, ginger, lemon and mango, then kichadi, thoran and avial.
daal curry on rice....(first curry to be served with rice among 5, payasam is also placed in bowl)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9766]}

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: AKP
More....

Dosa and Chammanthi podi. We call chutney as Chammanthi. I have eaten once that small idli typed sweet from Thrissur. Now I can't remember its name.
{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9767]}

Ilayappam in banana leaf...I hate it most :evil: :evil: . same ingredients...rice flour, coconut , cardamom powder and jaggary are used for its making. it's a steam cooked item. But i would love to taste a little it's made in green bay leaf.

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9768]}

mango pickle

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9769]}

Lobster? :blink:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9770]}

fish fried..but definitely it's not Karimeen

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9771]}

Chicken Biryani

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9772]}

lemon pickle

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9773]}

Sandhya will name them one by one :p

Meera sandhu
@Sunil..
It's 'putt' a traditional breakfast item of Kerala.
I like to make this breakfast item most :woohoo: :woohoo: and my husband hate it most :evil: :evil:

secret...it needs just 5 minutes for preparation and it's the best rescue item for all those lazy housewives ;) ;)
just need to mix putt flour, a little coconut and salt adding a little water and steam cook for 2-3 minutes.
if bananas are present at home, no side dish is needed to be prepared. that's the reason why all housewives love it most, including me :woohoo: :evil: :evil:

it's very tasty. may be husbands feeling that their wives have become lazy. so, they won't approve it easily. :laugh: :laugh:
But it's my father's most favourite breakfast item. you can use wheat flour also, but not very finely grinded.
my mother makes steam cake from atta for my father as he is a sugar patient

Meera sandhu
Thank you said by: RobertP
@Sandhya.. Thanks for the information about those dishes.. Some of them were totally unknown to me, but now I know.. thanks to u.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
@Sandhya.. Thanks for the information about those dishes.. Some of them were totally unknown to me, but now I know.. thanks to u.

have you made Appam? :evil: :evil:
a few months before you promised me that you will give my appam recipe to your mother and ask her to cook :dry:
but you disappeared from Boddunan after that :silly: :silly:

Meera sandhu
Finally sandhya named the dishes :)

yey!

Why dont u upload the green gram one and mean curry?
DSCN8201.JPG (You do not have access to download this file.)

Swetha Shenoy
He he.. Yes.. I was not that active here.

Thanks for reminding me that. I have given that recipe to my mom, but I guess she forgot to try out. This is the time I let her remind again.

Can you give me the link of that recipe again?

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Finally sandhya named the dishes :)

yey!

Why dont u upload the green gram one and mean curry?

i never take fish curry with breakfast items :silly: :silly:

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9774]}

Meera sandhu
Years before I had written an article about whole camel stuffed dish, I cannot give you the link of the same here but these are s the items used -
Cook eggs. Stuff eggs into fish. Cook the fish. Stuff the fish into cooked chickens. Stuff the cooked chickens into roasted sheep. Stuff the roasted sheep carcass into a whole camel . . now cook to taste- This recipe is available on wikipedia and enough for entire boddunan non vegan community
Incidentally it's a ' Bedouin wedding dish,' in Arab countries which they eat in open air on sand in big groups where they cook it with the help of 20-30 people..

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: RobertP
Years before I had written an article about whole camel stuffed dish, I cannot give you the link of the same here but these are the item used -
Cook eggs. Stuff eggs into fish. Cook the fish. Stuff the fish into cooked chickens. Stuff the cooked chickens into roasted sheep. Stuff the roasted sheep carcass into a whole camel . . now cook to taste- This recipe is available on wikipedia and enough for entire boddunan non vegan community
Incidentally it's a ' Bedouin wedding dish,' in Arab countries which they eat in open air on sand in big groups where they cook it with the help of 20-30 people..

ya, I have read about this surprising recipe when I was a child :woohoo:

Nandu, link for you
http://www.boddunan.com/articles/health-fitness/56-recipes/19095-appam-and-vegetable-stew.html

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.