Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I saw photos of IG Airport last night, the whole airport was flooded with rainwater and my city very close to Delhi also experienced heavy rains.

Seen those Photos of IG airport. Looks like a swimming pool.

Delhi at this point is having 27 C, bit cloudy and no threat of rain for the time being.

Delhi is safe. Ganga is furious in Uttarakhand. especially Kedarnath.

Nothing to worry, it's always so whenever it's rainy season. Himalayas are something unique to watch, peaceful generally but roaring while it rains.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I saw photos of IG Airport last night, the whole airport was flooded with rainwater and my city very close to Delhi also experienced heavy rains.

Delhi at this point is having 27 C, bit cloudy and no threat of rain for the time being.

Nothing to worry, it's always so whenever it's rainy season. Himalayas are something unique to watch, peaceful generally but roaring while it rains.

But this year devastation is in a large scale. !30 dead. 45000 pilgrims stranded. Since yesterday though army arrived, the rescue operations have become difficult due to incessant rains.

But this year devastation is in a large scale. !30 dead. 45000 pilgrims stranded. Since yesterday though army arrived, the rescue operations have become difficult due to incessant rains.

This happens every year, a common scenario for that area. I live close by so know the area like back of my palm.

This happens every year, a common scenario for that area. I live close by so know the area like back of my palm.

Uttarakhand CM, Bahuguna says, the floods are unprecedented.

I agree. The weather changes every year almost at same time- a few days or month difference also can be expected. Obviously pilgrims and tourists do not bother about such contingencies. That is why there is more suffering from natural calamities. I feel sorry for thousand of pilgrims killed in natural calamity in Uttarakhand. However, rain could be expected any time. Obviously individuals and government are short sighted. Even in December or January, we shall see the issue of accidents and disaster from fog and extreme cold but nobody will take precaution.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: suni51

I agree. The weather changes every year almost at same time- a few days or month difference also can be expected. Obviously pilgrims and tourists do not bother about such contingencies. That is why there is more suffering from natural calamities. I feel sorry for thousand of pilgrims killed in natural calamity in Uttarakhand. However, rain could be expected any time. Obviously individuals and government are short sighted. Even in December or January, we shall see the issue of accidents and disaster from fog and extreme cold but nobody will take precaution.

People sitting at posts who can look after these matters only react later when the mishaps have taken place. There job is limited to announce compensations and show sympathies to grieved families.

People sitting at posts who can look after these matters only react later when the mishaps have taken place. There job is limited to announce compensations and show sympathies to grieved families.

In fact, all damage can not be prevented. But visitors to risky places during bad weather can be prevented or discouraged.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

In fact, all damage can not be prevented. But visitors to risky places during bad weather can be prevented or discouraged.

Now the 'Char Dham' Yatra has been cancelled by Uttarakhand Government.

Now the 'Char Dham' Yatra has been cancelled by Uttarakhand Government.

It's another regular feature, it will remain suspended and tourists/pilgrims stuck up until weather improved and roads motorable.

I agree with you. I realised it recently when I went to Neelkanth few days back it was totally a bad decision we should not have gone there in such a whether. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.