Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

That is why they are related with eating habits, Arun. It is true that for maintaining thyroid health iodine is the key ingredient but it is not the only one. Deficiency of other elements like Vitamin D (linked to Hashimoto;s disease) Selenium, Vitamin B12 etc. are also equally important as is iodine. So even though there may be any other non-dietary causes, eating proper, balanced diet does help to a great extent.

Here is one link that is found, I think it is very good and helpful.
http://www.cncahealth.com/health-info/general/thyroid-health-nutrition.htm

Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease where body produces antibody against thyroid tissue. Vitamin D has nothing to do with it.
Selenium is a trace element which is essential for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland. But selenium deficiency do not produce hypo/ hyperthyroidism. Thyroid well adapts to these deficiency.

Hashimoto's has been founf linked to Vit. D deficiency,. I will provide a link after I find it, and yes, you yourself are saying that Selenium is responsible for proper functioning of the gland. Once a disorder is diagnosed, these elements probably do not work,. but before that, in a healthy person, if all these are covered in a proper diet, then the problems would not arise in the first place, except of course for the autoimmune disorders, which probably aee genetically linked.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Hashimoto's has been founf linked to Vit. D deficiency,. I will provide a link after I find it, and yes, you yourself are saying that Selenium is responsible for proper functioning of the gland. Once a disorder is diagnosed, these elements probably do not work,. but before that, in a healthy person, if all these are covered in a proper diet, then the problems would not arise in the first place, except of course for the autoimmune disorders, which probably aee genetically linked.

Vitamin D regulates the immune system.Hence they say that vit D deficiency leads to autoimmune diseases including hashimoto's. Several studies are being conducted and these are under trial and not an approved concept.

Vitamin D regulates the immune system.Hence they say that vit D deficiency leads to autoimmune diseases including hashimoto's. Several studies are being conducted and these are under trial and not an approved concept.

Very true! But wouldn't it be simply an easy and a sensible approach to modify lifestyle and eating habits and keep them straight and simple enough to be sensible and correct?

The fat people should change the food habit and should do exercise regularly.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in

Very true! But wouldn't it be simply an easy and a sensible approach to modify lifestyle and eating habits and keep them straight and simple enough to be sensible and correct?

Ya I agree! Life style modification helps to prevent several other diseases too... So why not do that and stay free from diseases?

Ya I agree! Life style modification helps to prevent several other diseases too... So why not do that and stay free from diseases?

Lifestyle modifications and sensible eating habits are actually the ones our previous generations practiced, so it would be really in our own benefit to go back to them stay healthy!

Lifestyle modifications and sensible eating habits are actually the ones our previous generations practiced, so it would be really in our own benefit to go back to them stay healthy!

True!! We had an thread a month ago about if we are given an opportunity to go a century back. This is one thing which we must have learnt from the old generation.
Can anybody provide diet scheme to reduce weight?
Can anybody provide diet scheme to reduce weight?

It is best not to go into any diet scheme, instead eat healthy and sensibly and exercise well.The only thing that needs to be done is increasing the intake of water, which automatically reduces your food consumption and also keeps your system cleaned...providing a link here where the subject has been discussed ..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-diet-and-nutrition/31371-diet-lose-weight-face-tummy.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Well..i think Morning walk with diet foods are also good for weight loss.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.