Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with you. Today most of us are spending more time in front of our computers and laptops and the health is being naturally ignored. Weight gain is on the increase due to that.
Yoga and aerobics are the best way to loss weight and a healthy diet, one should have to take time for himself as Health is wealth....now a days we spend most of our time in fornt of tv or laptop So for good health one should have to spend more time in doing physical activities...
can brisk walking reduses weight also I do have treadmill what should be an idle speed for walk for reducing weight.....

My sister also have this problem. She also have some more problem because of thyroid. I think curing it is not possible.

Thyroid hormones are needed by the body in small proportions everyday. Let me explain this to you with different situations.
1. Person with thyroid disease controlled on drugs: He needs to take the drug everyday in order have the hormone level under check.

2. Person with thyroid disease and thyroid removed surgically: In this case there is no production of thyroid hormone after the removal of thyroid gland. Hence hormone has to be taken as drug so as top meet the body needs.

So whatever the condition may be, permanent cure is almost never possible. Cure can only be symptomatic cure. Lifelong therapy is needed.

Very useful points ! A lot of people seem to be suffering from thyroids these days, some born with it ( when it is not properly formed ) I am told..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: V.Arunkumar

Very useful points ! A lot of people seem to be suffering from thyroids these days, some born with it ( when it is not properly formed ) I am told..

True!! Some are born with thyroid diseases when the mother had thyroid disease at the time of pregnancy.
Well these are very common problem now a days.These are due to our lifestyle. M too diabetic and have thyroid problem. I brought lots of changes in my life style and today i dont need any medicine for diabetic but yes for thyroid i have to take medicine life long but this is also under control. One spl mantra is that vigorous exercise or brisk walk for 1 hr and this really works and also weight loss too.

Life style modification is one which many people neglect. If the life style modification is practiced, then the dose of the drugs can be reduced so that you can be free from the side effects of these hormonal drugs.

True!! Some are born with thyroid diseases when the mother had thyroid disease at the time of pregnancy.

The main cause of rising number of Thyroid diseases are mainly due to lifestyles changes and incorrect eating habits, if eating habits are taken care of, chiefly a sensible, well-balanced diet prepared in homes is followed, then I think the instances would reduce.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

The main cause of rising number of Thyroid diseases are mainly due to lifestyles changes and incorrect eating habits, if eating habits are taken care of, chiefly a sensible, well-balanced diet prepared in homes is followed, then I think the instances would reduce.

Thyroid diseases are generally not due to improper food habits though iodine deficiency and eating lot of foods under brassicaceae family including cabbage, etc., can cause thyroid diseases. But otherwise it is not due to food habits. But once someone gets thyroid disease diet has to be taken care of.

Thyroid diseases are generally not due to improper food habits though iodine deficiency and eating lot of foods under brassicaceae family including cabbage, etc., can cause thyroid diseases. But otherwise it is not due to food habits. But once someone gets thyroid disease diet has to be taken care of.

That is why they are related with eating habits, Arun. It is true that for maintaining thyroid health iodine is the key ingredient but it is not the only one. Deficiency of other elements like Vitamin D (linked to Hashimoto;s disease) Selenium, Vitamin B12 etc. are also equally important as is iodine. So even though there may be any other non-dietary causes, eating proper, balanced diet does help to a great extent.

Here is one link that is found, I think it is very good and helpful.
http://www.cncahealth.com/health-info/general/thyroid-health-nutrition.htm

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

That is why they are related with eating habits, Arun. It is true that for maintaining thyroid health iodine is the key ingredient but it is not the only one. Deficiency of other elements like Vitamin D (linked to Hashimoto;s disease) Selenium, Vitamin B12 etc. are also equally important as is iodine. So even though there may be any other non-dietary causes, eating proper, balanced diet does help to a great extent.

Here is one link that is found, I think it is very good and helpful.
http://www.cncahealth.com/health-info/general/thyroid-health-nutrition.htm

Hashimoto's thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease where body produces antibody against thyroid tissue. Vitamin D has nothing to do with it.
Selenium is a trace element which is essential for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland. But selenium deficiency do not produce hypo/ hyperthyroidism. Thyroid well adapts to these deficiency.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.