Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hiiii

So finally I am going to north.. B) Hope now I will able to see snow fall which I always wished.. Going there in December.

So if anyone can suggest few exciting areas around them then please share as we have got too many days.. So we can cover up all exciting stuff.. :woohoo:

Time and month is not fixed for snow fall. If you are planing to go to Shimla or Manali than go there near by 25 December. If it is in you luck to enjoy snow fall you may be. I posted one article here about Himchal Pradesh read it for more informations. Good luck.
Thank you said by: AKP
Hiiii

So finally I am going to north.. B) Hope now I will able to see snow fall which I always wished.. Going there in December.

So if anyone can suggest few exciting areas around them then please share as we have got too many days.. So we can cover up all exciting stuff.. :woohoo:

Time and month is not fixed for snow fall. If you are planing to go to Shimla or Manali than go there near by 25 December. If it is in you luck to enjoy snow fall you may be. I posted one article here about Himchal Pradesh read it for more informations. Good luck.

Thanks.. I will read it.

Yeah timing are surely not fixed. Just two days ago I show in the news that both places had their first snow fall.. So fingers crossed for our trip too.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com
Hiiii

Thanks.. I will read it.

Yeah timing are surely not fixed. Just two days ago I show in the news that both places had their first snow fall.. So fingers crossed for our trip too.

Yes snow fall some earlier in this year. In Rohtang pass you can see ice in every month. Now going to Rohtang pass is easy that earlier. You can go there from Manali. Regular bus services are avilable .
Hiiii

Thanks.. I will read it.

Yes snow fall some earlier in this year. In Rohtang pass you can see ice in every month. Now going to Rohtang pass is easy that earlier. You can go there from Manali. Regular bus services are avilable .

Yes.. But hope Rohtang pass will be not closed on that time.. he he... Can anyone tell me that if there is any hotel at rohtang pass to stay night.. or we can't stay there?

Hiiii

Thanks.. I will read it.

Yes.. But hope Rohtang pass will be not closed on that time.. he he... Can anyone tell me that if there is any hotel at rohtang pass to stay night.. or we can't stay there?

I will not suggest you to go to Rohtang Pass in December because there is no chance you could be able to enjoy it even if the journey is possible. Even it must be in (-)20 at this time of Nov, December will be even colder. I once went there in June with friends on motor bikes and that was a memorable journey. You will have to carry tent etc and food items if you want to stay overnight as there is no arrangement for all these things. Do not go there unless you confirm at Manali which is the nearest big point from Rohtang. I think roads must be having heavy snowfall even now. Remote chances for public transport to ply. You will see mostly army vehicles

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar, AKP
Hiiii

Great ! you can click loads of pictures since it is supposed to be very beautiful and write an article about it ....I am hoping to tour the north India espcially the himalayan regions sometimes soon...It looks so lovely in pictures ..

Yeah.. I am going to take many pics for sure. :) I will try to write article too after I will return.. Even I have heard lot about those areas, so already excited about it. :woohoo:

@Samir.. Thanks for the suggestion. About solan, well we have lots of time. So surely would love to visit it too.. And as you mentioned that Rohtang pass will be probably close, so do you think I can see snow at proper manali.

@Anil - Rohtang pass is just one area of it which is usually covered with snow along with the roads and might be having snowfall around mid of December. Else, you would find snow almost all over Manali, especially if you move towards a little high areas and the top visit points.
Hiiii

Thanks.. I will read it.

Rohtang pass is usually closed starting mid-Nov or may be a little late until March or April the next year depending on the snowfall. In Dec, I believe it would be definitely closed. I visited in the 2nd week of March (2011) and it was closed until then.... That is the time when there is heavy snowfall and vehicle movement is quite impossible.

Rohtang pass is the highest peak in Manali and I don't think there is any hotel to stay right there... I am not very sure though.

I am not sure about your budget and staying plan, but if you are staying in Shimla or Manali, you can check for Hotel Landmark. You can check the current rates from their website or even call them for a deal. It was a great hotel in Shimla (I think they are also there in Manali) and I think I paid about 7500/- or so for 2 days/3 nights... The other back end of this hotel opens straight to Mall road.. the shopping area in Shimla. Hope all these info helps you! :)
Hiiii

Thanks.. I will read it.

Rohtang pass is usually closed starting mid-Nov or may be a little late until March or April the next year depending on the snowfall. In Dec, I believe it would be definitely closed. I visited in the 2nd week of March (2011) and it was closed until then.... That is the time when there is heavy snowfall and vehicle movement is quite impossible.

Rohtang pass is the highest peak in Manali and I don't think there is any hotel to stay right there... I am not very sure though.

I am not sure about your budget and staying plan, but if you are staying in Shimla or Manali, you can check for Hotel Landmark. You can check the current rates from their website or even call them for a deal. It was a great hotel in Shimla (I think they are also there in Manali) and I think I paid about 7500/- or so for 2 days/3 nights... The other back end of this hotel opens straight to Mall road.. the shopping area in Shimla. Hope all these info helps you! :)

They allow trekking for adventure loving people in groups but it is a tough job to walk that 25km+ stretch carrying tents and foods to stay there besides it is not possible for everyone who is not used to that kind of weather on that magnitude.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Hmm.. 25km with that kind of weather must be very tough job... I guess we will decide after seeing the weather..

Thanks you guys for sharing your experience. :)

Hiiii

This is very exciting. I have been to Shimla and Manali, many years back. You will enjoy it as December is peak time. You will see lots of apples in the trees everywhere. Rohtang pass is even more playful. You will love the snow of the pass. Have fun! :whistle: :woohoo:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.