We all know English is worldwide known language and is growing its roots. In India some people think that there is a competition between their own language Hindi and English, and due to increasing value of English the value of Hindi is going down day by day. The Hindi lovers want that their language should be used everywhere in India, but we cannot ignore the importance of English. I think both Hindi and English are necessary languages in India.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We have discussed over the importance of Hindi and English a lot of times, both have its place and importance intact and a country like ours cannot function well without using any one of the two languages alone. So both the languages should be given their due respect and importance.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I use both English and Hindi which is OK with me. Both serve my purpose.
We need Hindi as well as regional languages for communication and other work in states. But we also need English for national level as a link language and for international transactions and commuication. It depends on individuals to see which language they need to be proficient in. Ultimately language is nothing but a means for communication.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Hindi and English both are the most widely used languages in India. Hindi being the colloquial language is the most familiar language that is used in India whereas English has established itself as the official language of India for quite some time now.

I love writing and sharing ideas

Yes. Language is a medium of communication. Any language that serves my purpose inside and outside of my house and in the official or professional front it's OK with me.
I think, Hindi is also increasing its root, as few years back at Chennai no one understands Hindi and now they even understand Hindi and other languages, In Odisha many people can speak and understand it but for them English is not comfortable, so English is spreading in bigger cities and towns but Hindi is also spreading. It is natural, learning English but an illiterate can speak Hindi.

http://mohanmekap.com/

A language should be seen as a communication tool. If any language comes handy to facilitate communication, it should be utilized. For communication in official purposes of course English is there.
I think even English is fast spreading, a maid who doesn't know how to tell her cell phone number knows when to say sorry, bye, and thank you.- these things make you think may be their children have taught it to them or may be unawares they have picked it up from us which is good thing. Where as most people understand Hindi though they may not be fluent in speaking Hindi.

I think even English is fast spreading, a maid who doesn't know how to tell her cell phone number knows when to say sorry, bye, and thank you.- these things make you think may be their children have taught it to them or may be unawares they have picked it up from us which is good thing. Where as most people understand Hindi though they may not be fluent in speaking Hindi.

Actually English has walked into Hindi. What we speak is a mix of Hindi, English and Urdu. Everyone including the maid actually speak in Hinglish. .

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Actually English has walked into Hindi. What we speak is a mix of Hindi, English and Urdu. Everyone including the maid actually speak in Hinglish. .

True, in fact when using two or three languages at the same time this has a term called code-mixing(when two languages are mixed) and code-switching (when we switch one language and speak the other with ease), I had written a post on it in my personal blog. We do it sometimes on purpose and at times unintentionally. It is bound to happen in a multi-lingual country like ours.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.