Came across this board..which I am sure we have seen and already know but choose to ignore.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Came across this board..which I am sure we have seen and already know but choose to ignore.

The title is apt. I am telling a true story. An Indian in New York had a used tyre in his car dicky. In USA used tyres can not be thrown anywhere, they have to be deposited at designated places. The Indian went to the NY airport to receive a friend of his. He went into a very large paid parking zone and got space at a corner which had some bushes etc near to it. He took out thee used tyre and looked around and feeling safe threw the tyre into the bushes. After sometime when he was exiting the parking lot at the gate he got his parking bill which had an extra component of $60/-. When he protested he was told this was the fine for the tyre he threw out. The cameras had recorded it. He quietly paid and cursed the Americans because a new tyre cost only $25 at that time. Will he again litter but in India as there is no punishment we do it without caring for the environment etc.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

The title is apt. I am telling a true story. An Indian in New York had a used tyre in his car dicky. In USA used tyres can not be thrown anywhere, they have to be deposited at designated places. The Indian went to the NY airport to receive a friend of his. He went into a very large paid parking zone and got space at a corner which had some bushes etc near to it. He took out thee used tyre and looked around and feeling safe threw the tyre into the bushes. After sometime when he was exiting the parking lot at the gate he got his parking bill which had an extra component of $60/-. When he protested he was told this was the fine for the tyre he threw out. The cameras had recorded it. He quietly paid and cursed the Americans because a new tyre cost only $25 at that time. Will he again litter but in India as there is no punishment we do it without caring for the environment etc.

That right USA government is very strict about even a little crime. India is quit far away from USA.

Ha.haa good that he was fined. But even paying a heavy fine won't be a deterrent to people who litter. Same goes with not wearing a helmet or putting on seat belts. People are okay with paying a fine of 100-500/- but they won't budge or wear helmet or put on seat belts.

Ha.haa good that he was fined. But even paying a heavy fine won't be a deterrent to people who litter. Same goes with not wearing a helmet or putting on seat belts. People are okay with paying a fine of 100-500/- but they won't budge or wear helmet or put on seat belts.

There is a move to increase the fines to 1000 / 2000/ 5000 range. Perhaps that may help.

There is a move to increase the fines to 1000 / 2000/ 5000 range. Perhaps that may help.

If this is true..certainly this is a good thing. Also, pillion riders should be asked to wear a helmet..it is after all for our safety.

There is a saying. " A dog's tail as long as the pressure to make it straight remains, it looks straight. The moment the pressure is off, it goes back to its original shape. Now it's left to you to draw your own conclusions from this.

If this is true..certainly this is a good thing. Also, pillion riders should be asked to wear a helmet..it is after all for our safety.

This kind of events never change until the attitude change. People are spitting in several places. They never mind about the fines and are ready to pay the amount.

This kind of events never change until the attitude change. People are spitting in several places. They never mind about the fines and are ready to pay the amount.

Very true.Fines will not change the human attitude. The change should come from within. Till then, Indian habits live.

Very true.Fines will not change the human attitude. The change should come from within. Till then, Indian habits live.

We cannot change it until the attitude change. Instead of putting fine we can stop his entire month salary for one month. how he will pay the fine.
Penalty for such offences should be able to create a fear in the offender. Whether it is one month pay or otherwise is immaterial.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.