Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

When other forms of punishment like life sentence are given they are not appealed against repeatedly. Then why should the death sentence be subject to so many representations before carrying it out. After all the Supreme Court is supposed to decide diligently as it does in other cases of punishment. At the most if mercy petition is rejected by the President there should be no further representations at any level. It then becomes a mockery of the whole judicial process.

Above all there were intelligence reports that Yakub was planning an escape. This shows  Yakub did not have any repentance or remorse.

@Usha First I am not answerable to questions which my views as posted, don't warrant. I have neither displayed in it any sympathy nor have I expressed any reservations about the Apex Court's decision. To any uncluttered and logical mind it would be just a pointer to what many distinguished judges raised many times in various judicial for a which is judicial delay,even executing Apex Court's own final verdict. So we badly need faster delivery mechanism. You may recall here how the court has been forced to convert a few deserving capital punishments into life imprisonment.
Thank you said by: usha manohar, rambabu
chinmoymukherjee wrote:@Usha First I am not answerable to questions which my views as posted, don't warrant. I have neither displayed in it any sympathy nor have I expressed any reservations about the Apex Court's decision. To any uncluttered and logical mind it would be just a pointer to what many distinguished judges raised many times in various judicial for a which is judicial delay,even executing Apex Court's own final verdict. So we badly need faster delivery mechanism. You may recall here how the court has been forced to convert a few deserving capital punishments into life imprisonment.
That is beyond doubt, we do need a fast justice system and as far as any verdict is concerned, I feel that there is always a slight doubt left because one of the party is going to be the loser ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: rambabu, chinmoymukherjee
chinmoymukherjee wrote:@Usha First I am not answerable to questions which my views as posted, don't warrant. I have neither displayed in it any sympathy nor have I expressed any reservations about the Apex Court's decision. To any uncluttered and logical mind it would be just a pointer to what many distinguished judges raised many times in various judicial for a which is judicial delay,even executing Apex Court's own final verdict. So we badly need faster delivery mechanism. You may recall here how the court has been forced to convert a few deserving capital punishments into life imprisonment.
Its an undeniable fact that judiciary needs a fast delivery mechanism.

I couldn't agree more. Imprisonment for very long period is more severe than death sentence.  A criminal must be punished but the process of delivery of judgment should not be so long that somebody is first jailed for decade and then hanged. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If the person is guilty and spends a long time in the prison , there is at least some justice in that although even that is unfair, but, here we have had cases where innocent people , mostly poor who are unable to pay bail, have been put in jail for years together only to find that they were totally innocent.I feel that the least the government and the courts could do is to pay some monetary compensation for them...It is so pitiable and when you hear of such cases you can only feel anger and frustration over our entire legal and investigating agencies ! 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Justice delayed is Justice denied. Speedy trial is the need of the hour. And in India  lack of Speedy trial is Bane on the Judiciary.

There should be no provision for mercy plea as it gives the initiative to politicians. They thus become superior to the judicial system.

This situation is already there. Judiciary is plagued by the interference of politicians, thus weakening the Judicial system. Regarding not having the  the provision for mercy pleas, I don't know if the constitution allows.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.