Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

In the present scenario such discriminating clubs can be banned for varying periods and timing can be based on the composition of the club members! 

rambabu wrote:

In the present scenario, the procedure of imposing Dress code in clubs is meaningless.  Of course for industrial organizations and educational institutes are necessary. THE FORMER one for safety purposes and for the later for Uniformity for establishing the fact " Equality"

You have got mixed up with uniform and dress code..Uniform is wearing a similar outfit by all whereas dress code in clubs is normally meant for certain specail occassions when they are expected to wear formal clothes like a suit for men and Sarees , evening gowns ,salwar kameez for women, that way women get the better deal..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Dress code also ensures a certain decorum. When they insist on formal wear it also means no chappals only shoes.  It could also mean they want maintain a certain standard. 

Most club memberships come with a price tag, if we are willing to pay the price then we should be willing to fall in line with their rules too.

OK. Club members are not forced. If it is up to your expectations, one can join otherwise refuse.

In Bangalore there is a battle going on between the prestigious Bangalore club and the politicians who are demanding that they be made members of all clubs . There is a widespread protest against this understandably by the club owners and members but also from other citizens because there are certain criteria that need to be fulfilled by all members ..

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-09-11/news/66434453_1_draft-law-proposed-law-public-places

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

In Bangalore there is a battle going on between the prestigious Bangalore club and the politicians who are demanding that they be made members of all clubs . There is a widespread protest against this understandably by the club owners and members but also from other citizens because there are certain criteria that need to be fulfilled by all members ..

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-09-11/news/66434453_1_draft-law-proposed-law-public-places

The club owners would run into steep loses if they let them in. They would come in and disrupt everything there while demanding that all services come to them free of cost. 

Closed club membership keeps unwanted trouble out. 

Sofs wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The club owners would run into steep loses if they let them in. They would come in and disrupt everything there while demanding that all services come to them free of cost. 

Closed club membership keeps unwanted trouble out. 

LOL, you can imagine what would happen if they had free access ...The problem started when Bangalore club cited the same reason of closed membership to keep a politician out and other clubs to did the same ...Now they want to change the law !

Our politicians will do anything to get what they want. I guess we need to bear a part of the blame for even electing them.

I can just about imagine the chaos they and their thugs would create. 

I guess this is a pointer to why clubs have certain restrictions, dress code being one of them. 

Sofs wrote:

Our politicians will do anything to get what they want. I guess we need to bear a part of the blame for even electing them.

I guess this is a pointer to why clubs have certain restrictions, dress code being one of them. 

I agree, sporing clubs like golf and Badminton are also meant for social activities and in most f these a dress code is strictly maintained and it may irk the non members, but the members are fine with it.. Cant imagine politicians and their entourage entering here with their pot bellies !

Sofs wrote:

Not just a part, but the entire blame is poeple's. " Yadha Praja thatha Raja. Like the people like the ruler.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.