There is no end to the list because there are dozens of such peculiarly Indian habits that are unpleasant and annoying by any standards..I find it highly annoying when hosts fill my plate with food and force me to eat regardless of whether I like it not , instead of letting me  serve myself or if they prefer to do the honors , at least let me have a say at how much food I want on my plate. The excuse is we wont be happy unless you have eaten WELL.. This is just one of the peculiarly Indian habit that is annoying !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Caring of guest is culture and tradition of India. Some peoples are of shying and hesitation nature. It is also reason than hosts force guest to eat. In some part of country if host don't care and ask many time to eat, guest may be annoyed. But with changing time one must be change them self. It is enough to request once to guest for eating food of their choice.

anil wrote:

Caring of guest is culture and tradition of India. Some peoples are of shying and hesitation nature. It is also reason than hosts force guest to eat. In some part of country if host don't care and ask many time to eat, guest may be annoyed. But with changing time one must be change them self. It is enough to request once to guest for eating food of their choice.

True. " Atithi Devo Bhava" is the belief  in Indian families. But as you said, the guest should be allowed to eat whatever he likes. The host  should keep all the food items before the guest in order to eat whatever the guest likes.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

True. " Atithi Devo Bhava" is the belief  in Indian families. But as you said, the guest should be allowed to eat whatever he likes. The host  should keep all the food items before the guest in order to eat whatever the guest likes.

Here in my area it is not practice to serve food with hand by host to ghost. here when we received invitation time of lunch and dinner is printed on it. When we reached there host welcome us and ask only once for lunch or dinner.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

Here in my area it is not practice to serve food with hand by host to ghost. here when we received invitation time of lunch and dinner is printed on it. When we reached there host welcome us and ask only once for lunch or dinner.

What you said about printed invitations is true for functions like marriages and Birthday celebrations etc. Here too we invite the guests through printed invitations. I'm talking about some private functions we invite the guests orally.

One more most annoying habit that Indians have is that of staring at people.I have had many of my friends from other countries notice this and they find it very surprising that a person can keep on staring and this is true of both men and women of our country ! A habit that is highly irritating and annoying as well !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes staring at people is the most annoying habit.. I have noticed as well.. Instead of just looking at someone peole like to stare. One of my friend has the same habit.i keep on yelling her that it looks weird to stare at someone, if u like something abt that person, just a look is enough, don't have to stare.. Another habit I don't like is of people who make loud sound while eating food. I understand we all make some sound while eating food , that'ss fine but if it is too loud then its irritating..

People Talking at the top of their voice as if addressing  a mammoth gathering in the library is one of the habits that annoys me.

True Usha...it is very irritating when our host insists that we eat loads and loads of food and not let us decide how much and what we want to eat. One of husband's cousins has a wife who does that and I have noticed that she force piles food which no one particularly wants. I have now started declining her invitations politely! LOL.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

An emerging annoying habit is the increase in number of two wheelers coming in wrong direction and when they come directly in front of your vehicle they will give you a broad smile!!

During feasts on the occasion of marriages or Birthday parties, guests vie with each other to reach food kept on the table. In this process, some do not hesitate to create stampede  These people act like hungry wolves. This habit really irritates me.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.