The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

@ vijay, In Dubai and other Gulf countries , they have huge desalination and water treatment plants and they use treated sea water for all their needs.I am sure it involves heavy expenditure and from Indias point f view can only be a stop gap arrangement, if at all. One can understand the need to have these in the Gulf where they have very little rains but we have more than enough, so I guess we need to concentrate on effective water preservation. In fact in Dubai , they are planning to build an artificial mountain(s) so that it facilitates the formation of clouds.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

here in kharagpur, we are facing KAAL BAUSAKHI with lots of rain and very fast blowing wind, many trees were fallen down and people are very scared because of the thunder lightening which are falling from the clouds

bhuyali saroj

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Thank you Kalyani for your thought provoking information on  Water Storage system even in  Historical times. This has reminded me of the impeccable water storage system through pipes made out of Clay in Golkonda fort. Even in the fierce and continuous Mughal attacks, people living in the interiors of Township in  Golkonda Fort, never felt the water scarcity. This shows the sincerity of the Kutab Shahis to provide a strong structure for the welfare measures to the people.

That vision and the thought of welfare of their people was present in almost all the yesteryears princes and rulers, visit any fort in India, whether in Maharashtra or Karnataka or TN or faraway Rajasthan, you will see ancient, but very cleverly designed and efficient water storage and distribution systems. Even if those systems were revived and kept functional now in addition to modern ones, even the remotest villages would get enough water and never have to face drought. Yes but there are other equally preventive measures also that needs to be taken, eg. reduce the use of concrete in open areas and restrict its usage only to the very essential needs.

Ecologically safe Engineering marvels of water conservation have existed in India for nearly1500 years including  traditional systems of Water harvesting such as  Bawari, Jhalara, nadi, tanka and Khadin. Even today these systems remain viable and cost effective alternatives to  rejuvenate depleted groundwater aquifiers according to experts. One such example is Agrasen Ki Baoli in Delhi, built in Pre-Lodhi  era of 14th century  by Raja Agrasen to collect rainwater during monsoon can be emulated.

Country Is Facing Severe Summer This Year...

Since we are facing many problems with water supply our DC had some excellent advise to give to all the citizens of the district. He appealed to all people not to waste water on washing cars and  clean the compound using water hose etc ...He also finally said that along with people we need to make sure that pets,animals , birds and house plants too need to be taken care of and all of this can be done by carefully planned water management  to stretch our limited supply.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Though ,luckily, AP is not facing presently any water scarcity, our neighboring state Telangana is having severe water scarcity . Owing to this, water supply to the medium industries is stopped. Both the States are busy now with rainwater harvesting. In addition to this, yesterday, there was quite a good rainfall in Hyderabad and its surroundings. in Hyderabad. Though l the atmosphere cooled down,Water scarcity is persisting.

rambabu wrote:

Though ,luckily, AP is not facing presently any water scarcity, our neighboring state Telangana is having severe water scarcity . Owing to this, water supply to the medium industries is stopped. Both the States are busy now with rainwater harvesting. In addition to this, yesterday, there was quite a good rainfall in Hyderabad and its surroundings. in Hyderabad. Though l the atmosphere cooled down,Water scarcity is persisting.

Yes some parts of country have some rain fall. Here south Rajasthan have some rain. My city also have some rain before two day. I think it is  pre-mansoon stage. Indeed country need rainfall at this time.

anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes some parts of country have some rain fall. Here south Rajasthan have some rain. My city also have some rain before two day. I think it is  pre-mansoon stage. Indeed country need rainfall at this time.

The entire country is like an oven. Now  even slight drizzles too make people happy. I think this is one of  the hottest summers that the country has ever seen. Almost all the regions of Telengana State are  experiencing 50 degrees Celsius.

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The entire country is like an oven. Now  even slight drizzles too make people happy. I think this is one of  the hottest summers that the country has ever seen. Almost all the regions of Telengana State are  experiencing 50 degrees Celsius.

Every year which is gone were hottest and this year is also hottest. Change in temperature in little bit but enviornment is changed to much.

Cutting of trees, increasing pollution, less rainfall, these are some reasons that we are feeling that it hottest year.

anil wrote:

rambabu wrote:

anil wrote:

rambabu wrote:

Every year which is gone were hottest and this year is also hottest. Change in temperature in little bit but enviornment is changed to much.

Cutting of trees, increasing pollution, less rainfall, these are some reasons that we are feeling that it hottest year.

You are right. Owing to environment abuse, year by year Seasons Arden undergoing drastic changes. Now, we are longing for rains. We dont know how drastic it will be. No season is normal. Every season is going to Be extreme ,I fear.

rambabu wrote:

anil wrote:

rambabu wrote:

anil wrote:

rambabu wrote:

You are right. Owing to environment abuse, year by year Seasons Arden undergoing drastic changes. Now, we are longing for rains. We dont know how drastic it will be. No season is normal. Every season is going to Be extreme ,I fear.

yes it is natural that, every season is going to be extreme. Remember time of our child hood days, how many house had fans, most of person like to spend afternoon time of summer under trees.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.