The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Similar fires are regularly reported from Australia and parts of USA also. They are difficult to control and also cause losses to property and humans too. 

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

On top of the fast vanishing underground water, setting fires to forests and hillsides is another favorite pastime of Indians that might be worsening the drought problem. Indian farmers are known to set farmers under the belief that it makes the ground more fertile for future crops but experts disagree with it, as fragile ecosystems that are indigenous in nature get destroyed forever. I do not have much knowledge about the relationship of these fires with the depleting water, but such fires do increase pollution and temperatures. One such large scale fire has been raging for weeks in the Uttarakhand and I came to know about it only now through a Facebook page. Wonder why the government and media are both silent on such an important issue.

https://www.facebook.com/uttarakhandfire/

Yes this is being shown on all news channels since more than a week now..Normally when the summer heat is unbearable and tree branches dry out, there can be friction and become the cause of forest fire. I have seen it in western ghats and it is not easy to put it off because of the sheer volume it consumes. Such a pity that precious forest land is being lost !

Kalyani problem of fire is serious. It reached to Himchal Pradesh. Government is not silent. They doing what is possible. Air force is trying to control it. In this week rain is possible so it will also help in control this fire.

Recently, a Forest Fire broke out in the Seshachalam Forests on Tirumala Hills.Though the Fire was brought under Control, The cause of the Forest Fire is suspected to be the make shift Chulah of a few Pilgrims made with  forest wood that might have triggered the Forest Fire.

I once saw a huge forest fire near Jammu in the evening many years ago. The locals said that this is a regular happening. Next day papers did not cover it at all. It is good that these days media coverage is there and action to control are immediately taken.

Media Coverage , especially National Coverage will help in preventing such  Forest Fires.  coming to the present topic, the situation is under control and three persons were arrested from Pithoragarh and Nainital for burning dirty leaves of Cheed and stoking the fires.

The topic I started was Country is facing Severe Summer this year.

Most places in India have seen peak temperatures this year. Delhi recorded 44 degrees yesterday which was the hottest day this year. In fact India has recorded the hottest temperatures this year.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/hottest-summer-2016-el-nino-temperature-india-meteorological-department2764309/

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

The topic I started was Country is facing Severe Summer this year.

Most places in India have seen peak temperatures this year. Delhi recorded 44 degrees yesterday which was the hottest day this year. In fact India has recorded the hottest temperatures this year.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/hottest-summer-2016-el-nino-temperature-india-meteorological-department2764309/

Just today's newspaper reports that temperature in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan has touched the record of 52.4 degrees! This is so horrible, cannot even imagine living in such high temperatures! Everywhere, the temperatures are soaring way beyond normal even in peak of summer season. Just until a few years ago, Pune used to have very pleasant climate all year around, the highest in summer was around 35, now 41-42 has become normal for us.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Rainwater Harvesting is the only solution for Water Crisis. Now, in Both AP and Telengana, Rainwater Harvesting  process is going on feverishly. In AP at least 1000 Rainwater Harvesting  projects are  planned to be undertaken.

Industries are very huge consumrs of fresh water. If they can incorporate zero discharge and treat the contaminated water and recycle it that would free huge quantities of water for civilian use. Government should make it compulsory and it will help mitigate the water crisis in a big way.

Of course Industries consume both water and power...In Mangalore we have had problems after major Industries like MCF, MRPL and the software companies like Infosys , Wipro and others started their units here. With a SEZ coming in the near future things are only going to get  worse and I sincerely ope they have some long term plan in mind before they permit these industries to come and use up all the natural resources.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.