The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think in many parts of India the temperature has reached its peak or set new records this year. But water problem is something which could have been avoided with careful planning because we have heavy monsoons and enough water accumulation during rainy season, which goes waste because of not enough storage and dam facilities. Linking river and constructing more dams may be one long term option, but in the mean time I have seen in Bangalore those houses where rain water harvesting has been implemented their bore wells have enough water for their use. This is one of the solutions that needs to be looked into. In Tamilnadu they seem to have successfully implemented this  launched by Jayalalitha .

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india/tn-s-success-story-rain-water-harvesting/story-u2LJmSHM4O4vA155wEtmOK.html

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

This is just April and it is so hot that coolers and A.C. are being used.  There is water shortage also. The Municipal corporation is unable to supply water regularly through tapped water supply. In my locality there is no supply of water and so we need to use submersible pumps. Needless to say that the cost of digging and installing such pumps is not affordable for poor. Moreover the water level is also going down and peoole are forced to dig deeper every two or three years. 

Yes Ia gree, this is just April, Summer has just started. Just think how severe the temperature would be especially in May and until Monsoon starts. On the top of this, water shortage is really taking toll on the health of people. I hope atleast this year we get pleasant monsoon .

Summer with shortage of water is really a big problem to look after

bhuyali saroj

Making comments only for points is a far bigger problem. 

Rain Water Harvesting system is the right solution to solve the problem of water scarcity , the condition under which, the country is reeling. Tamil Nadu Govt, has started this scheme as early as 2001, Now, the entire country is following the RWH.

Babu saroj wrote:Summer with shortage of water is really a big problem to look after

IT would be better if you could comment on how to look after that problem rather than just stating the obvious for gaining points.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

On top of the fast vanishing underground water, setting fires to forests and hillsides is another favorite pastime of Indians that might be worsening the drought problem. Indian farmers are known to set farmers under the belief that it makes the ground more fertile for future crops but experts disagree with it, as fragile ecosystems that are indigenous in nature get destroyed forever. I do not have much knowledge about the relationship of these fires with the depleting water, but such fires do increase pollution and temperatures. One such large scale fire has been raging for weeks in the Uttarakhand and I came to know about it only now through a Facebook page. Wonder why the government and media are both silent on such an important issue.

https://www.facebook.com/uttarakhandfire/

One of the reasons behind the Uttarakhand Forest fires is the nexus between the Forest officials and the Timber Mafia. This seems a possible reason for  Uttarakhand Forest fire. Anyhow, the facts remains the the Country is reeling under the severe summer.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

On top of the fast vanishing underground water, setting fires to forests and hillsides is another favorite pastime of Indians that might be worsening the drought problem. Indian farmers are known to set farmers under the belief that it makes the ground more fertile for future crops but experts disagree with it, as fragile ecosystems that are indigenous in nature get destroyed forever. I do not have much knowledge about the relationship of these fires with the depleting water, but such fires do increase pollution and temperatures. One such large scale fire has been raging for weeks in the Uttarakhand and I came to know about it only now through a Facebook page. Wonder why the government and media are both silent on such an important issue.

Yes this is being shown on all news channels since more than a week now..Normally when the summer heat is unbearable and tree branches dry out, there can be friction and become the cause of forest fire. I have seen it in western ghats and it is not easy to put it off because of the sheer volume it consumes. Such a pity that precious forest land is being lost !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Yes this is being shown on all news channels since more than a week now..Normally when the summer heat is unbearable and tree branches dry out, there can be friction and become the cause of forest fire. I have seen it in western ghats and it is not easy to put it off because of the sheer volume it consumes. Such a pity that precious forest land is being lost !

How come I missed the news then? Anyway, the fires start naturally in many instances too because of friction between bone-dry grasses and branches, but it is also a fact that many people start fires deliberately to make clear ground for planting crops the next season. I know it is a tremendous effort and near impossible to douse such fires but cannot something be modelled to encounter such emergencies?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.