The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

Why are myths being propagated without proof is not understood. Modern scientific explanations you discard for without proof theories. Please stop irrational support of outdated theories.

After reading this link, it is very clear that drinking water while stating may cause problems:

http://levinahealthy.com/facts-and-myths-of-drinking-water/

http://www.comparenshop.in

@manoj, it is your choice to believe what you want to believe. Just because it is written in the internet does not mean it is to be accepted verbatim as some do and then start supporting by ridiculous correlations between yoga and Ayurveda and what not. Every time it is "may" cause has it caused. Is there proof that is what should be the question to ask about such theories.

Its OK if some one not want to believe on the facts that our ancestors have told us after year of their experience. Some of the rules told by our ancestors were based on scientific reasons. But in the name of modernization some people don't want to follow rules, they think themselves above all rules and regulations and finally pay for it.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Any concept or fact should be proven and this particular one about the negative effect of drinking water while standing has never been proven. In fact most people drink water standing because one cannot sit and drink all the time when you are busy with your work schedule and I doubt if it has had any adverse effects so far. I am yet to hear of any illness or medical condition related to this ..If there is any such instance it would be good to know ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:

Any concept or fact should be proven and this particular one about the negative effect of drinking water while standing has never been proven. In fact most people drink water standing because one cannot sit and drink all the time when you are busy with your work schedule and I doubt if it has had any adverse effects so far. I am yet to hear of any illness or medical condition related to this ..If there is any such instance it would be good to know ..

in my whole life i too have drunk the water in standing position many times, i too have experienced nothing unless and until if i am not too fast in swallowing the water. sitting and drinking the water is also a good habit and we should not deny that but remembering that we should drink the water in sitting position is too difficult to remember for everyone unless it doesn't becomes a habit.

bhuyali saroj

vijay wrote:

Why are myths being propagated without proof is not understood. Modern scientific explanations you discard for without proof theories. Please stop irrational support of outdated theories.

Which theory is out dated for you? With modern science every country have their ancient science.

Actually I have heard all elders and even our old family doctor advise us to drink water while sitting down all my life. There must be a grain of truth in that if it has been recommended and practiced by so many. Truth is there are many such theories which are recommended by Ayurveda and may or may not be proven by modern scientific methods. That does not give us a reason to discard them as outdated or ridiculous.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is not a question of discarding or ridiculing. We are in an age where it is possible to scientifically prove these type of theories. Automatically supporting them blindly and praising them to skies as Rambabu and Anil did, just because it is said so in  Ayurveda and then bringing yoga in between for no rhyme or reason is  bothersome. Let them drink water sitting. no problems. But let them give scientific proof when they are advocating it for others to follow. And they have not been able todo so. Only adjectives all the time.

vijay wrote:

It is not a question of discarding or ridiculing. We are in an age where it is possible to scientifically prove these type of theories. Automatically supporting them blindly and praising them to skies as Rambabu and Anil did, just because it is said so in  Ayurveda and then bringing yoga in between for no rhyme or reason is  bothersome. Let them drink water sitting. no problems. But let them give scientific proof when they are advocating it for others to follow. And they have not been able todo so. Only adjectives all the time.

We are not doctor, if you contact with doctor he/she will give you scientific proof. Remember Ayurveda science is differ than modern science.

Then do not advocate blindly. ask a doctor and then quote him.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.