The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Some people follow their instincts while taking tough decisions. They don't try and weigh the pros and cons of the path they've chosen but seem to trust their gut feeling more than anything else. Later when the cons weigh down the pros, they regret their decision.

Thank you said by: usha manohar

They say haste is Waste. Decisions taken a hurry may go haywire or may be successful. One thing must be agreed, one should be cool minded, when decisions are taken.

by  » 3 hours ago

In some cases certain decisions may backfire or look as if they were taken in a haste but if you wait and watch they have their telling effects but once you have taken a decision you must stick to them even if you find they were nor as effective. I never regret about my decisions because you can't reverse them. 

True, there is no point in looking back except may be learn through each experience..

by » 2 hours ago

Some people follow their instincts while taking tough decisions. They don't try and weigh the pros and cons of the path they've chosen but seem to trust their gut feeling more than anything else. Later when the cons weigh down the pros, they regret their decision.

Incidentally I have always felt that my gut feeling has never let me down. However, I do agree that it is always better to weigh the Ros and cons when you need to take a major decision in life.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Many times there is a hunch to go ahead to take a decision yet we do not do so. Later on we regret why we did not rely on our hunch or gut feeling. We avoid taking risks. 

There are times when sheer laziness and lethargy can prove to be dangerous. I remember an instance , I had gone to a small town close to Mangalore to attend a wedding and stayed that night at my cousin's place. My cousin sister had brought home a lot of jewlry from the bank locker and was supposed to take it back after the function. Inspite of many of us asking her to put back the jewlry , she put it off ..that night there was a theft in the house and the jewel box itself was stolen which had all their jewelry. It must have been someone close but till today none of it has been recovered. 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One needs to take up risk or it's better to say that sometimes considering a different route may give some good return but it is not always the case. Actually, taking up a decision on one's own wish is fine but when someone fails to understand the intention of others and fall in their trap is extremely painful.

shampasaid

usha manohar wrote:
Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I have come across many who took up big decisions in life according to their friend's advice in spite of cautions raised by his/her family. One must try to understand the situation very deeply and take a wise decision in life. As for example, I know some who were warned against partnership business but went ahead with it just because of the friend's persuasion. Ultimately, it proved fatal as the friend did not maintain the sanctity of partnership business and life became a mess.    

I feel that we need to trust ur intuition which always sends out signals to us , both positive and negative. I have had a couple of instances where I overrode it and did what others wanted me to do which did not turn out well. 

Yes, exactly this very point I expressed in my previous comment. When we make blunders due to our own misjudgment then we have no one else to blame but we, thus, we become more cautious in future. But, the moment we rely on others and take a decision but the ultimate result turns out to be a setback a tussle takes place in between the two parties which gradually ruins everything. 

shampasaid

Some of us do counselling for junior college students as and when required and in one such case a teenage girl had too many problems with regard to her parents, constraint of finances etc added to which she had become friendly with a boy who was known to have a bad reputation, involved in anti social activities and had been in and out of prison a couple of times for petty crimes. She was saying that her intuition had warned her against him but she simply could not resist..a lot of things happened with him making her a partner in his criminal activities like drug peddling . In fact it was another student who revealed this fact and thankfully with counseling she realized what she had done. Since she comes from a very conservative background , she thought her parents would never be able to understand things. However, since their help was very essential for counseling we had to inform them and they were both extremely cooperative and understanding which helped the girl a lot ..

usha manohar wrote:

Some of us do counselling for junior college students as and when required and in one such case a teenage girl had too many problems with regard to her parents, constraint of finances etc added to which she had become friendly with a boy who was known to have a bad reputation, involved in anti social activities and had been in and out of prison a couple of times for petty crimes. She was saying that her intuition had warned her against him but she simply could not resist..a lot of things happened with him making her a partner in his criminal activities like drug peddling . In fact it was another student who revealed this fact and thankfully with counseling she realized what she had done. Since she comes from a very conservative background , she thought her parents would never be able to understand things. However, since their help was very essential for counseling we had to inform them and they were both extremely cooperative and understanding which helped the girl a lot ..

Yes, counseling is really helpful and it becomes more beneficial when the loved ones of the victim cooperate.  I firmly believe in intuition so I would always suggest others to follow their intuition while taking up any decision in life. 

shampasaid

Hello! I really liked your story. Thank you!

[URL=https://employeeloginguides.com/myhr-cvs/]myhr.cvs.com[/URL]

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.