Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]OWL and BAT forget things in day so they come back to their homes before sun rise or they are suffering from day blindness.[/quote]
Nice information .

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Oh no....Our likes and dislikes also... My previous puzzle decoded....

I once read the book, "Why men can't find things and women can't read maps?". It's sure, women can't memorize route maps easily and men can't find things placed in front of his eyes.
Similarly, birds may have special power to memorize the route they have traveled.
So, you were a zoology student. I assumed, you specialized in English literature

No I am a Zoology major, but I loved English equally!!

But i have never seen posting or answering zoology threads
Was it a bad dream of yours ? [/quote]

Probably they were question and answer types of threads which I dislike. Had they been discussion threads in which I can really discuss something, then I would have. For one thing I have never notice any such threads! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Oh no....Our likes and dislikes also... My previous puzzle decoded....

I once read the book, "Why men can't find things and women can't read maps?". It's sure, women can't memorize route maps easily and men can't find things placed in front of his eyes.
Similarly, birds may have special power to memorize the route they have traveled.
So, you were a zoology student. I assumed, you specialized in English literature

No I am a Zoology major, but I loved English equally!!

But i have never seen posting or answering zoology threads
Was it a bad dream of yours ?

Probably they were question and answer types of threads which I dislike. Had they been discussion threads in which I can really discuss something, then I would have. For one thing I have never notice any such threads! :blink:[/quote]

Why can't you add a new one, where we can add such simple information under one thread...just to increase and refresh our knowledge?

Meera sandhu
Bats cannot see in the day time so they will take rest in the morning and go for food in the night time.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Bats cannot see in the day time so they will take rest in the morning and go for food in the night time.

How their mind works about directions? Any idea??? :woohoo:

Meera sandhu

How their mind works about directions? Any idea??? :woohoo:

I think they go by the noise as they have strong hearing power. :laugh:
the birds have a special ability to sense earths magnetic field which they use it as there reference to find their nest
The scientific reason is that they always fly in groups and if a bird is flying alone then they always put some landmarks in their mind by which they can return to home.
This is a topic that biologists may better reply. The physical structure or anatomy of birds must be such as would enable them to understand directions.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Sasikanth.K wrote:

How their mind works about directions? Any idea???
[/quote]

Bats can not see in the dark, they have a very sophisticated inbuilt sonar system, they emit extremely high-pitched squeaks which bounce around and come back to them. If there is anything in the way, the echo picks it up and the bats can fly around without colliding into that object, maybe like a tree or a building etc. Similarly they find their preys to hunt.

Contrary to popular belief bats can see during the day time but they sleep during that time because they are nocturnal. The reason they evolved as nocturnal animals is because the animals, small rodents, insects etc are also all nocturnal, meaning active only at night.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Sandhya Rani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.