Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Hmm.. I wonder what is sunrise timing there.. normal or odd like the sunset?!

well, the summer days in England start at 4 am in the morning. I hardly could get any sleep the first two weeks! :laugh:

Oh really !! do you reside in England?

:laugh: :laugh: Oh no! Anand and Ronark, back when I was working, I was transitioning a process for my team so I lived thee for about 3 months! It was the summer then so I experienced these odd times! Add to that the odd weather of England, in one day you may experience all three seasons, around the year. One morning it was really cold, when I reached office, it was bright and sunny, people were rejoicing for the sunshine. Then all of a sudden it grew dark and cloudy and started raining with huge hailstones!!! :laugh: You never know what to expect when you are in England!!

I think, if hailstones rain, we can't travel outside. Isn't it???? :whistle:

Well, we always carried an umbrella with us, that was the first thing I went shopping for! :laugh: :laugh:

If so, can hailstones break glass of our cars???? :whistle:

Ha ha ha! No the glasses on cars are toughened and designed to protect against such calamities!! Also, the hailstones are quite small measuring few millimeters, although some can measure in centimeters although they are rare!

Yes true, England has the most unpredictable weather and occasionally it snows during Easter time ! While I was there , during the bitter winter months I used to go for long walk , after dropping the children at school , just to warm me up, after which I was ready to tackle the days activities ...

Yes its very unpredictable! My English clients therefore used to love it a lot in India whenever they came for a visit! How long were you there and which part?

We were there for almost six years Kalyani and stayed at Yately a small village on the outskirts of London city ,close to Farnborough , and later my husband was transferred to Kualalumpur so we were there for two years ...

Six years!! Wow! But you must have missed India sorely during winter months!! But still, England is a very beautiful country, the place I visited was Norwich, Norfolk county and it was also a very beautiful town. Kualalumpur must have felt like you were closer home then! :) :)

Yes Of course we all missed India a lot during those days, however, we used to visit home every year for six weeks so it was not so bad. KL, according to me is a perfect place since it a perfect blend of East and West and people are so very friendly ...
We too visited Norfolk,Dorset , Wales, Scotland and Ireland while we were there and English country side is really beautiful, like a dreamy place,picture post card perfect :)

I visited only Norfolk and London site seeing one day trip, but its all picture perfect!! You must be missing all that occasionally now you are back!! :)

I do in a way ! but I went to London twice after that to visit some friends and it was nice spending time with them.We had become very close while we were there and they also visit us when they come down for their holidays ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Actually time and weather of America is very odd. It is different from that of our country. It is better to know from internet regarding the time and weather of America. The concept will be clear.
Devayani is correct as a Geologist I also cannot explain about this one clearly.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Devayani is correct as a Geologist I also cannot explain about this one clearly.

Are you a geologist???

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Are you a geologist???

Sasi is a geologist. I don't know about Devayani

Meera sandhu
Friends don't take it otherwise. I have written that because I heard from my uncle that Canada has short time daylight. I have many a times seen the weather forcaste of Canada. The temperature varies from 60 degree to -10degree, any day.
I am not a geologist.

Are you a geologist???

I didn't know sasi you were a geologist! what and where do you work as?/

Are you a geologist???

He works in GIS. No more knowledge about it.

Actually, I have also worked in GIS, years before

Meera sandhu

Are you a geologist???

What's GIS??

Are you a geologist???

What's GIS??

A s/w related to mapping of satellite images, where we categorize different geographical features and code them according to it, to find total area of agricultural land, forest, residential area, water bodies etc....
I used mouse to draw images...ie. to separate water bodies, residential areas, forest etc. Coding means....each area is categorized......ie. to note if it's forest or water body or paddy field.

If we are doing for a district as a total, then image will be divided among a group of 5-6, later combined while coding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_information_system

Meera sandhu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.