Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Coming to fatalism I am reminded of great bard's lines in Macbeth!!

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

@ Gulshan The human life- rather all life and events in the world are inter related and a team work. In the example given also, there is a team of rider and horse. Then the rider and horse also depend on weather condition, track and likelihood of meeting robbers and other criminals. In view of complex human relation, there is no certainty in life.
However uncertainty and fate are not same. Life is uncertain but not predetermined. The most significant player is the person living his life. He can take appropriate steps and steer through all stages- easy or difficult- and achieve his goal. Man is captain of his life- ship. Winds and wares are on the side of the ablest navigator.

I too believe that life is a series of related action and reaction so one cannot predict it ...If we come to know before hand what is in store, there wold be no charm in life..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Coming to fatalism I am reminded of great bard's lines in Macbeth!!

"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

@ Gulshan The human life- rather all life and events in the world are inter related and a team work. In the example given also, there is a team of rider and horse. Then the rider and horse also depend on weather condition, track and likelihood of meeting robbers and other criminals. In view of complex human relation, there is no certainty in life.
However uncertainty and fate are not same. Life is uncertain but not predetermined. The most significant player is the person living his life. He can take appropriate steps and steer through all stages- easy or difficult- and achieve his goal. Man is captain of his life- ship. Winds and wares are on the side of the ablest navigator.

I too believe that life is a series of related action and reaction so one cannot predict it ...If we come to know before hand what is in store, there wold be no charm in life..

That is the reason why we are happy today. If we start understanding what (bad) is going to happen after two minutes, the present would be too frightening to live in.
Thank you said by: usha manohar
I came across this wise quote - "I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse, I only owe it to the horse's good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment " - one wonders where does destiny come into it? If the horse decided to throw us off, can we blame destiny for it ?
The word destiny ( karma) means a predetermined course of events considered as something that goes beyond human power or control....How far is this belief true or reliable ?

I am neutral when it comes to destiny. But I have seen and know many people who blame destiny when something bad happens to them. Destiny is taken for a ride at will. It is cursed and kicked. But when something nice happens to them...........

Destiny is a layman's lame excuse for his or her undoings. He or she always look for a scapegoat
I came across this wise quote - "I sit astride life like a bad rider on a horse, I only owe it to the horse's good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment " - one wonders where does destiny come into it? If the horse decided to throw us off, can we blame destiny for it ?
The word destiny ( karma) means a predetermined course of events considered as something that goes beyond human power or control....How far is this belief true or reliable ?

I am neutral when it comes to destiny. But I have seen and know many people who blame destiny when something bad happens to them. Destiny is taken for a ride at will. It is cursed and kicked. But when something nice happens to them...........

Destiny is a layman's lame excuse for his or her undoings. He or she always look for a scapegoat

Very true ! When things look up it is good luck and when things start going wrong , it is because of Karma inherited from the previous birth lol....

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It is the tendency of people to blame when fail and happy when they are appreciated for something.

It is human nature to do so and we all do it...but when we analyse it from every angle, we realise that such a belief often hampers our growth.People refuse to better their lot because they put too much faith into these predictions which has no base at all...

It is better to make the horse your friend, or make him believe that there is thing like destiny, in which it is written to reach both of you at your wanted goal. ;)

Run, take rest, run , take rest, run, take rest...................--->>>>>
It is better to make the horse your friend, or make him believe that there is thing like destiny, in which it is written to reach both of you at your wanted goal. ;)

That is playing with destiny like some of our touts do and say - do this pooja and things would be fine...

That is playing with destiny like some of our touts do and say - do this pooja and things would be fine...

No I am not talking about any kind of pooja, I am talking about the horse, who is going to help you to reach your goal(which will become your destiny if you believe in destiny), In real life the horse can vary according to your journey. Understanding the horse is going to help in a big way, what do you think?

No I am not talking about any kind of pooja, I am talking about the horse, who is going to help you to reach your goal(which will become your destiny if you believe in destiny), In real life the horse can vary according to your journey. Understanding the horse is going to help in a big way, what do you think?

I agree Sanjay :) What you say is practical, we need to understand and plan our own actions accordingly...of course even with that things might go wrong but that cannot be helped, at least you have done the best you can..

Thank you said by: SANJAY KUMAR

I agree Sanjay :) What you say is practical, we need to understand and plan our own actions accordingly...of course even with that things might go wrong but that cannot be helped, at least you have done the best you can..

That is right, no one know what is going to happen next. The plan becomes successful when everything happens according to plan, and if few things don't happen the way they were planned then it is a failure.
Still there is a big part of the plan which is executed as planned, so next time you will become a better planner, and more things will happen your planned way. So the destiny is never already written before, but it is written as a history, and the name is changed from the "history" to "destiny".
It is a word used by the people who think that the things have not evolved their planned way. If the things happen their own planned way then, they call it their own 'hard work' and I agree that it is their hard work, but when they fail then again it is their little hard work, which was required in more amount to get success, it is not a ;destiny'. So it is not the destiny written before, but it is a history written by them self which can never be changed, so accept it and live with it.

Thank you said by: usha manohar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.