The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Most importantly, many people are not aware what their choice of profession is when they are too young and they also get swayed by the others opinions and views. But when there is need to change it is wiser  to accept it as a challenge and give out our best. There is no perfect choice , an individuals attitude towards his profession is what  counts.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

rambabu wrote:
anil wrote:

If job is our choice it give pleasure and satisfication. My first choice is accounting. For it I joined C.A. But it is my fate that I could not complete it. I worked as senior accountant in cement factory and vegetable edible oil. At present I am running shop of photo state. But this job is not of my choice. I can do accounting work but no one like to give job because of my health problem.

I agree. I know well about your health that forced you  to remain in a job which you do not relish or like. Still I applaud your strong will to remain as a self reliant without being a burden to others.

I got an opportunity to change my profession as a creative artist and utilized it. But all cannot get such opportunities to stick to a job close to one's heart.

Self reliance give us satisfaction. I am almost played my inning. At present I have not money problem, but like to be active.

usha manohar wrote:

Most importantly, many people are not aware what their choice of profession is when they are too young and they also get swayed by the others opinions and views. But when there is need to change it is wiser  to accept it as a challenge and give out our best. There is no perfect choice , an individuals attitude towards his profession is what  counts.

At present if any one don't know about his/her choice of profession than they are like a traveller who don't know where to go.

usha manohar wrote:

True, that at a young age students mostly do what their parents think is right for them which is justified to a certain extent because students at that age are not very  sure of what they really want. Whatever be the profession they should give it their best before contemplating a change.Parents should guide their children based on their aptitude and interest. When I was graduating, NIFT was just about a few years old and people looked down upon it saying it is a modernized tailoring institute. Now look where Ritu Beri, JJ Valaya are.They were the first batch to have graduated from there if I remember correctly. 

Lopamudra wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

True, that at a young age students mostly do what their parents think is right for them which is justified to a certain extent because students at that age are not very  sure of what they really want. Whatever be the profession they should give it their best before contemplating a change.Parents should guide their children based on their aptitude and interest. When I was graduating, NIFT was just about a few years old and people looked down upon it saying it is a modernized tailoring institute. Now look where Ritu Beri, JJ Valaya are.They were the first batch to have graduated from there if I remember correctly. 

Very true, what was out in the past has become very much In now, so no wonder youngsters get confused  while choosing their profession. Today's youngsters have a wide variety of profession to choose from and experiment on before finding one that they like to settle down with..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I always believe that parents must be very co-operative when their child are about to choose their career. They should be supportive and not forceful, must openly discuss about the pros and cons of the career and leave the final call on the child. Parents' helping guidance always leads the child to select his/her career in a better way.    

shampasaid

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

At present if any one don't know about his/her choice of profession than they are like a traveller who don't know where to go.

A saying is there. Morning promises the day. Akin to this, What a child is going to become in future is indicated by the traits and behavior in the child's behavior. A vigilant parent notices it and guides the child in to the future. Unfortunately many parents miss this vital factor.

Srinivasa Ramanujan learned College level mathematics by age 11. who later went on to invent Number theory. And he was from a poor family and he never had the guidance from his parents. It may be an exception. But the fact remains that these factors should not be ignored by the Parents

Shampa Sadhya wrote:

I always believe that parents must be very co-operative when their child are about to choose their career. They should be supportive and not forceful, must openly discuss about the pros and cons of the career and leave the final call on the child. Parents' helping guidance always leads the child to select his/her career in a better way.    

Yes that is true, instead of imposing their choice on their children nor making them scapegoats for fulfilling their own unfulfilled ambitions, parents should let their children have enough opportunity to choose a career of their liking, also not make a fuss or an issue if they have made a wrong choice and want to change at a later date

ir

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

I initially started out working as administrator, then moved on to people management which I did like but was not the job of my choice. Then after the birth of son, I resigned and chose to stay home as a full time mother but one fine day, a great opportunity came knocking on me when I was asked to translated an art instruction book as a trial. It turned out great , the publishers liked my work and I now am an almost fulltime freelance translator. IT was around teh same time that I stumbled across boddunan where I tried my hand at writing articles, which I could successfully and liked it. So initially even though I may not have worked at something I liked best, it was sheer chance that I changed my career completely opposite of what I had been doing until now and found that it was something I really liked.

Now, there is another opportunity where I will starting next week as administrator of an art studio. I will share the details of it soon with you as I want to share and connect you all too with the activities that we will be conducting in our art studio.

Kalyani, It is nice to know that things have worked out very well for you and I am sure that you will put in your best efforts and dedication to anything you take up and I certainly look forward to hear about the activities that you will be a part of, in the art studio..

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

@usha manohar Thanks for having the same kind of opinion but today I would like to draw your attention towards another point. This did not happen only with you but on different threads I have noticed this repetition by another users. Don't take it otherwise but when I was totally new I wrote replies consecutively without knowing the rule. I had no intention to break the rule but you pointed it out very harshly. You simply accused me of breaking the rule. Mistake may happen and when one is new then if old members help them to learn the rules then it becomes easier for the new member. Today, here you wrote consecutively and you can find @anil wrote consecutively on this thread only. I know the issue was buried but I still dig it out to remind you that you being an old member a mistake happened and I was totally new. So, kindly do not blame anyone so blindly.

Adding to my above comment:

A little while ago I was made aware of the change in rules regarding multiple posts in a row by @RAMAKRISHNAN.A So, that's fine with your and @anil's posting in a row. Thus, I am sorry to highlight the point but by saying this I cannot deny that I was extremely hurt by an accusation which was made earlier. I expect helpful guidance and not allegation. Sorry, once again.  

shampasaid

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.